Party girl

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by BigA, Jan 5, 2007.

1. BigA

BigA New Member

I just saw my cousin for the first time in a while. She has gone off to college recently. She is a self-proclaimed "party girl". i'm not naieve enough to think this means wearing party hats and playing musical chairs. But we're not close enough to talk about sexual expereinces. So, what does being a party girl constitute? When is the line drawn from from sexual/ drug experimentation to being self-destrustive? thx

2. horsehungtim

horsehungtim New Member

Albums:
    It's all pretty much a personal choice that she herself makes. You're not going to get much clarity from asking other people on a site like this.

3. BigA

BigA New Member

I'm not necessaily looking for clarity. I'm just looking for point of views. So where exactly should I go for clarity? There is no such thing. If any girls/ guys want to extrapolate on this issue, greaT. Otherwsie i'll go to hell i guess

4. Gisella

Gold Member

Well, being a party girl to me was having fun and I had a lot of it without drugs use plus I can't drink much anyways, alchool make me sleepy and sick. Party to me is to dance, dance was and is my high and be with friends who have the same approach of partying.

But now days generation with all this feel happy drugs as ecstasy etc who knows...:shrug:

5. Snakebyte

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    could be she just likes to party? doesn't necessarily have to do with sex imo

6. D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah Account Disabled

My party girl time was high school and basically included, drugs, drinking, music. Not to big on the party scene and prefered small gathering with close friends and sex/guys didnt come into things until later for me.

If she's a smart girl she should know when its going to far .. and you'd have to best idea of what she's capable of anyway

7. OmahaBeef

Gold Member

She won't have to contemplate that until there is a lack of scholarship money or other form of tuition funding...

You just never know...some folks know moderation, some folks get lost in it and have to learn the hard way...

...OB

8. B_horribleperson

B_horribleperson New Member

it means she likes to go to parties and get reallystupid drunk

does she do drugs? most likely not but she could

is she having tons of sex with random guys and a girl or two?
    from what i have seen, when a girl says she is a "party girl" or out "having fun" it means she is getting fucked alot

9. bluekarma

bluekarma Well-Known Member

I would venture to guess that by "party girl" she means she is living the typical college coed lifestyle. My sister is in her Sr. year, and she is a party girl, however she is a smart sensible girl as well. She and her girlfriends go out Thrus - Sun and drink visit bars, parties, etc. She's never been in any trouble, maybe smokes a little weed, has some casual safe sex, nothing to worry about though. I'm sure your cousin is just fine, but if she show's signs of going down the wrong path, you'll know it. She'll start flunking out, or hanging with questionable (sluty, or trashy) friends, etc. How sweet of you to worry about her though....lots of girls who need someone to worry about them, don't have that - so props to you for being there for her if she does.

10. BigA

BigA New Member

well, she told me about her drug use. Done everything. Was coked out for 6 month period. Yet made good grades her first term. Impressive. But not about her sex life. So my concern is whether this is normal/ healthy or if she's on a path of self-destruction. Just nthinking about her. that's all

11. Yorkie

Gold Member

Albums:
    You know as well as I do that being ''coked out'' for a 6 month period is unlikely to be normal and certainly not healthy.Coke is self-destructive,no question.So far it sounds like she's coping with it but it's a slippery slope she needs to turn away from.
    As for your other concern - I wouldn't expect any of my female cousins to talk to me about their sex lives!

12. OmahaBeef

Gold Member

I think heavy cocaine usage for an extended amount of time certainly isnt a good thing. I think we need to keep in mind here that this is higher education and not Amsterdam.

That being said, its not like most college kids are hitting the blow, especially that often, so...I hope she gets it in check.

...OB

13. vinny_spiruccino

Gold Member

Albums:
    Have you ever heard her say:

H-H-HELLOOOO!

They’re just jeans, Mary!

NATASHA!

I’d like a falafel, side of babaganoush and a seltzer please…

14. Pumblechook

Pumblechook New Member

Albums:
    Finishing up my undergraduate college studies at the moment, I feel I am quite experienced in this "party girl" ... attitude I guess I would call it. As it pertains to your questions,

1) I would say that it does not absolutely entail sexual experimentation. Most of the girls I see at parties living it up and getting really wasted tend to stick with a close group of 3-4 friends and they are flirty as ever with everyone but never get any farther than a dirty dance (shucks for us guys :rolleyes: ). Although there are definately more "slutty" girls who are undoubtedly freeweilding sexually at frats/parties with random people in a very unsafe fashion, I would say that has more to do with the aspect of being slutty than it does being a partier.

2) The line between a party girl, or even party woman, and self destruction would be my cousin. She's approaching 30, off and on of drugs, constantly boozing, and just everything else that all societies agree are a poor way to live your life. She doesn't want to change anything about her life and so is basically helpless. We figure she'll end up dead and/or in jail. So, it would be up to you to decide if your situation is that drastic. I would say she's sexually dangerous also, as I know she has flings pretty much with whatever random guy she meets at the bar in a given night or has an affair with some guy twice her age. No STDs that I know of, but not real safe either.

3) Partying hard is a natural phase that literally EVERYONE goes through when they first hit college. For me, it was probably the first semester before it got out of my system. Some it's a few weeks, others a year or two. The "party girl" is typically still going strong as a senior however. I predict that some party girls "grow-up/settle down" eventually and some keep going (who hasn't known a 40 year old woman who was a blast at a party even though it seemed an odd anachronism?), but in either of those cases, the behavior is not really self destructive, it is more a part of living a more free-spirited and fun-loving lifestyle, which is the way some people's personalities are.

4) Also a good thing to recall is that with partying we all have our bad nights. I've had a few, and every friend I have, and every parent, and their parents, lol, we've all had a rough night at one point or another. So, one or two or three isolated incidents should not really make you scared necessarily either. I would say when it is weekly, daily, etc., that is when it is clearly self destruction.

5) While I said it is not like a "party girl" to be one who is sexually dangerous too, it is still possible that she would be that way AND a party girl. So, if that is the case, my view on the "willy-nilly" random sex stuff is that it should definately be played more carefully. There are a lot of STDs and such out there nowadays that just didn't exist in past generations, so it is as dangerous as ever. And yes, they are still extremely rare, but the immense risk associated with STDs, that basically one time is all it takes to ruin your sex life forever (and possibly degrade your health in other areas), makes sex something not to be taken carelessly.

So to conclude, being a "party girl" is likely just harmless fun, part of a growing stage (introduction to freedom), a lifestyle derived from her general personality, or a dangerous method of self destruction. Knowing your cousin would be the best way to judge which of these it has a possiblity of becomming.

Edit----Apparently I missed that one post----
    As for the "coked out" part, that is definately destructive. All hard drug use like that should cease immediately. Otherwise, that pretty much is becomming my cousin, which is not a pretty lifestyle (in my opinion). Sure, she's fine so far, but it just seems like a ticking time-bomb to me.

15. OmahaBeef

Gold Member

Pumble...you are wise beyond your years my man! High Five...

...OB

16. D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah Account Disabled

If shes experimenting with the drugs, drinking etc..then she most probably is sleeping with guys..Maybe its 1 maybe its 100, just hopefully she is safe about it.

If you cant ask her what shes getting up to try telling her that if she does get into trouble that you're there for her..Thats about all you can do

17. Draconis71

Gold Member

Albums:

Hmmm.. Higher Education? More weed, more coke, more heroine? Speed, Crack?... That, or an education that is elevated, where we expect more of it (philisophically)?

18. Shelby

Gold Member

What's her number?

Draft saved Draft deleted