Partyin' With Rush

hawl: Here are some quotes from the foul mouth of a typical "dangerous dope fiend" ::)-www.buzzflash.com/analysis/03/10/ana03004.html and here's something thoughtful from the ever-polite, ever-forgiving opposition-www.safesearching.com/billmaher/blog/archives/000101.html, and here is how one celebrity is being treated by the Ashcroft crew-www.post-gazette.com/localnews/20030912chong0912p5.asp. This all following so closely on the heels of Bill Bennett's credibility demise must have given rise to betting pools somewhere on who's next- "Dude, "Scooter" Libby is obviously a tweaker. He's always flying. I've known guys like that. Why do you think they call him "Scooter"? Rumsfeld's a basehead from way back, and Wolfowitz spends most weekends in a K-hole. Someone I know like totally parties with his dealer. Supposedly Cheney is into synthetic psilocybin, but only once or twice a month, and he's really stringent about the "set and setting"." ??? 8)

gigantikok: a) Opinion article

b) Quotes taken out of context

c) Potential mis-qouting (especially from some random website)

d) It is easy to believe, agree, and not question the credibility of anything that sides with your political opinions.

Was he really a biggot? Who knows? Was he mis-qouted, misunderstood, and bounded upon by blood thirsty Liberals? Maybe, maybe not. We did the same with Al Gore, we do the same with George Bush, we do the same with many politicians or political personalities we don't like. Lighten up and give the poor guy a break, he's trying to deal with an addiction. Maybe he is a hypocrit and contridicted himself, but what politicans haven't? Does the name Bill Clinton come to mind? And what is worse about him was that he was our PRESIDENT.

Inwood: There is no reason to let up on Rush. He should be hoisted by his own petard. He was only too happy to bring hail and brimstone down on those poor mortals who had addictions. No help for them but jail or the gallows. But of course there'll be extenuating circumstances in Rush's case. There are so many who can't possibly think for themselves without his gentle voice to guide them.

And oh please...at least Bill was fun. Shrub looks like he sucked a lemon every time he has to talk. And as to Bill's indiscretion, he misled the country about having sex with another consenting adult. Shrub misled the country about why he wanted to go to war with Iraq.

And I support the war. Saddam was an evil person. No need to lie about that. Just those inconvenient pictures of daddy cozying up to the bad man would make it plausible that daddy should be indicted for helping the enemy.

7x6andchg: Rush is merely reaping what he has sown.

If you come down with fire and brimstone on those who do drugs - when it is found that you do so, expect to be smack dab in the target of similar incendiary materials.

7x6&C

oldman9x7: And while your passing sentence, remember, "Let him who is without sin, cast the first stone."

Is it really that much "fun" to kick another human being who may have stumbled or fallen?

Gramps

7x6andchg: Wise words, Gramps. It is a shame more people don't take them to heart.

Because...they work both ways - therein, I think, lies Rush's problem. He certainly didn't seem to have a problem casting the first stone when it was in his hand.

7x6&C

gigantikok: [quote author=Inwood link=board=99;num=1067045112;start=0#2 date=10/25/03 at 21:28:15]And oh please...at least Bill was fun. Shrub looks like he sucked a lemon every time he has to talk. And as to Bill's indiscretion, he misled the country about having sex with another consenting adult. Shrub misled the country about why he wanted to go to war with Iraq. [/quote]

Oh please to you too. With people like you juding the quality of a major world leader due to "fun factor", I grow a bit more frightened everyday. And it is also your personal opinion that Bush mislead the country, I happen to disagree with that. THERE IS NO WAY, though, to disagree with the fact that Clinton lied, cheated, and stole. He lied to the country under oath, mysteriously pardoned criminals, shamelessly stole from the White House during the last days of his presidency, and raped a woman (Juanitta Broadrick, who alot of you Clinton lovers will automatically dismiss without questioning her testimony or the facts, of course). So forget the fact that he was a slimey asshole and hardly did his job, he was "fun". SO hey, if we want to vote in "fun" presidents, who's next? O.J Simpson is a pretty charming guy too, maybe he should run for office with voters like you out there...

Inwood: [quote author=gigantikok link=board=99;num=1067045112;start=0#7 date=10/27/03 at 19:01:14]

Oh please to you too.  With people like you juding the quality of a major world leader due to "fun factor", I grow a bit more frightened everyday.  And it is also your personal opinion that Bush mislead the country, I happen to disagree with that.  THERE IS NO WAY, though, to disagree with the fact that Clinton lied, cheated, and stole.  He lied to the country under oath, mysteriously pardoned criminals, shamelessly stole from the White House during the last days of his presidency, and raped a woman (Juanitta Broadrick, who alot of you Clinton lovers will automatically dismiss without questioning her testimony or the facts, of course).  So forget the fact that he was a slimey asshole and hardly did his job, he was "fun".  SO hey, if we want to vote in "fun" presidents, who's next?  O.J Simpson is a pretty charming guy too, maybe he should run for office with voters like you out there...[/quote]

Obviously you're an easily frightened and timid soul. "People like me" -- hmm -- there is no reason a leader can't or shouldn't be "fun." I wasn't judging his quality as a leader by that term. But you obviously are. You have a lot of hate in you. He's not really worth that much invective. He was only a president and like all others one day will be dust just like you and me.

It may or may not be my personal opinion that Bush misled the country. That will depend on whether we are able to see all the relevent information that supposedly led to the decision to go to war. And the Bush admin. is not exactly known for letting people access information that is possibly embarrassing to them much less that could be treasonous or impeachable.

As far as I can tell from my post I never said that Clinton didn't mislead the country about his indescretions with that woman-Ms. Lewinsky. But generally those types of affairs are handled between husband and wife. Not used as political weapons. (It's also interesting to note that during all of the impeachment proceedings, etc. several leaders of the opposition were boffing someone on the side that wasn't their wife) If that is the new standard let's go after Jeb Bush's drug addicted daughter to show Jeb's unfit for his job since he can't even control his kids. That's really a poor way to judge someone. Reference history - a lot of leaders have less then sterling personal lives. Doesn't mean they can't lead.

As to pardons, most presidents have a pardon or two that they're not too proud off. Some have many. But hey, it's in the constitution and nobody's decided we need to take it away. And since it's up to his discretion who he decides to pardon there is nothing mysterious about it. There is no such thing as a stealth pardon.

As to items leaving the White House well Bushs I, Reagans, etc. all seemed to have items turn up where they weren't suppose to be.

As to Ms. Broadrick all I would say is bring it to court. Press charges. The republicans are in charge all over the place. I'm sure some venue can be found to try it. But if they don't well don't blame me if I don't immediately condemn Clinton. Last I looked "innocent until proven guilty." Additonally you assume because I said Clinton was fun that I loved him. I'm ambivalent at best. I think he could have done a lot of good things but his hubris about certain things led him to squander a great opportunity.

It's also amazing that even though most of what he got done was really just republican lite you can't stand it that he got the credit for it. Face it he out manuever the best the republicans had.

I don't like or trust Bush II but surprisingly I think Rumsfeld has really good ideas about reforming our armed forces and just hope Bush backs him with some of his political capital so at least one good thing happens on his watch.

gigantikok: [quote author=Inwood link=board=99;num=1067045112;start=0#8 date=10/27/03 at 20:00:12]As far as I can tell from my post I never said that Clinton didn't mislead the country about his indescretions with that woman-Ms. Lewinsky. But generally those types of affairs are handled between husband and wife. Not used as political weapons. (It's also interesting to note that during all of the impeachment proceedings, etc. several leaders of the opposition were boffing someone on the side that wasn't their wife) If that is the new standard let's go after Jeb Bush's drug addicted daughter to show Jeb's unfit for his job since he can't even control his kids. That's really a poor way to judge someone. Reference history - a lot of leaders have less then sterling personal lives. Doesn't mean they can't lead.[/quote]

Quick correction, because this seems to be common among Clinton supporters. The issue isn't the fact that he had affairs. The issue was that he lied to our faces, under OATH. The issue was if he was willing to lie about that, what wasn't he willing to lie about? If he has just come clean when the scandal broke out and TOLD THE TRUTH, man I would have had much more respect for me. MUCH more.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
But, gigan, it's damn good karma that someone who wanted to lock up all the drug addicts without any rehabilitation, ends up getting busted himself.

jay_too

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Gigantikok says: And it is also your personal opinion that Bush mislead the country, I happen to disagree with that.  

But it is a shame that you can provide no credible evidence to substantiate such a position. As I remember, on another thread or threads, you admitted that there was

neither any evidence of an al queda-Saddam link [yep, Bush No. 2 admitted there was no evidence of such a connection]

nor evidence of weapons of mass destruction.

The administration's rhetoric leading to war told us that these were the reasons we must undertake military action. Yet, neither is/was true; moreover, the info on nuclear weapons was ludicrous to anyone with a basic understanding of nuclear processes and a techincal background...maybe that is why some of us stood in protest.

If you have credible information on either of the above, please share. Otherwise, realize we were fed a pack of lies in the march to war by the Bush administration.

Yes, Clinton lied about consentual sex; but no one died as a result of this falsehood. The Bush lie has resulted in the death of hundreds of coalition soldiers, thousands of wounded of coalition soldiers, and many thousands of Iraqi dead and injured. Many of the American wounded are stablized but awaiting treatment at a base in Georgia or South Carolina. I think it is a scandal that the Defense Department has not provided these heros with the doctors, nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapits, etc. with adequate to superior health care. Why? Well, a shortage of medical personnel. Huh? Well hire temps!

So while morality and outrage are part and parcel of your online personna, most ethical systems [especially in the west] would not equate the Clinton and Bush lies. The lie which causes irreprairable harm [like death or injury] is judged to be more serious.

jay

Inwood: [quote author=gigantikok link=board=99;num=1067045112;start=0#9 date=10/27/03 at 20:07:47]

Quick correction, because this seems to be common among Clinton supporters.  The issue isn't the fact that he had affairs.  The issue was that he lied to our faces, under OATH.  The issue was if he was willing to lie about that, what wasn't he willing to lie about?  If he has just come clean when the scandal broke out and TOLD THE TRUTH, man I would have had much more respect for me.  MUCH more.
[/quote]

Common tactic used to label someone who disagrees with you. Try to subtly show bias on their part -- "common among Clinton supporters." tsk tsk.

We differ on what the issue was/is. The original focus of the investigation seems to have dissappeared from the whole reason Starr was investigating in the first place. Let's see -- sort of like our reasons for going to war with Iraq -- those reasons to investigate Clinton changed from day to day. Today Whitewater, tomorrow a rape, now it's the murder of Vince Foster, on and on. It was a political game that hurt Clinton some but in the end was more problematic for the Republicans. So if the republicans were willing to lie about so many charges what else wouldn't they lie about.

As to coming clean about having an affair out of wedlock let's see how easily you would own up to telling the WORLD oh by the way I had a BJ in my office the other day. You might parse the subject six ways from heaven.

And if you were a little more insightful you would realize that no matter what Clinton did/does you will never have any respect for him. You have an irrational hatred. You might as well just call him Beelzebub and be done with it.

gigantikok: [quote author=Inwood link=board=99;num=1067045112;start=0#12 date=10/27/03 at 21:08:27]And if you were a little more insightful you would realize that no matter what Clinton did/does you will never have any respect for him. You have an irrational hatred. You might as well just call him Beelzebub and be done with it.
[/quote]
:D

Same can be said about you and President Bush, Mr. Insightful, same damn thing. Hypocrisy at its finest.

longtimelurker: [quote author=gigantikok link=board=99;num=1067045112;start=0#13 date=10/27/03 at 23:40:39]
:D

Same can be said about you and President Bush, Mr. Insightful, same damn thing.  Hypocrisy at its finest.[/quote]

Oookay - time to barge in.

I'd have thought that believing that he lied to start a war costing thousands of lives was a perfectly rational reason for hatred.

Or maybe that's just me ;)

gigantikok: [quote author=longtimelurker link=board=99;num=1067045112;start=0#14 date=10/28/03 at 11:30:08]

Oookay - time to barge in.

I'd have thought that believing that he lied to start a war costing thousands of lives was a perfectly rational reason for hatred.

Or maybe that's just me  ;)[/quote]
What you just said is EXTREMELY over simplified, and potentially incorrect.

It lacks any facts or true explanation. Thousands of lives? Maybe you were just making a joke, but come on, what the hell are you talking about? Are you talking about Saddam's goons? Are you talking about a few eggs we broke to make an omelet? I think as many people would have died if we had left Saddam in power. Do you have any idea what he did to his own people? It is disgusting. Do some research. Do you forget the mass genocide he was initiating in the last few years? Or does that not matter? Hell, any misinformed, nonfactual excuse is good enough. I think you would hate the man no matter what decisions he would have made.

Let me quote another post I made, which you obviously didn't read or pay attention to:
[quote author=gigantikok link=board=99;num=1066747449;start=20#35 date=10/26/03 at 17:24:05]The following is a quote from Pres Bush's last State of the Union address.

Some have said we must not act until the threat is imminent. Since when have terrorists and tyrants announced their intentions, politely putting us on notice before they strike? If this threat is permitted to fully and suddenly emerge, all actions, all words, and all recriminations would come too late. Trusting in the sanity and restraint of Saddam Hussein is not a strategy, and it is not an option. (Applause.)

The dictator who is assembling the world's most dangerous weapons has already used them on whole villages -- leaving thousands of his own citizens dead, blind, or disfigured. Iraqi refugees tell us how forced confessions are obtained -- by torturing children while their parents are made to watch. International human rights groups have catalogued other methods used in the torture chambers of Iraq: electric shock, burning with hot irons, dripping acid on the skin, mutilation with electric drills, cutting out tongues, and rape. If this is not evil, then evil has no meaning. (Applause.)

And tonight I have a message for the brave and oppressed people of Iraq: Your enemy is not surrounding your country -- your enemy is ruling your country. (Applause.) And the day he and his regime are removed from power will be the day of your liberation. (Applause.)

Notice that he NEVER said that the threat was imminent. Also, a large part of the justificiation for Iraq was to free the people of Iraq.
[/quote]
I could just keep going and keep arguing the same issue being brought up on multiple threads, so I'll just drop it here.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
It matters not what the truth is, gigs. Liberals/Bush haters know from experience that if they repeat a lie often enough it becomes true "because they said so."

At first I was concerned because the President wasn't coming out to answer every slur thrown at him by the left until I finally realized that it would become so time-consuming as to cripple the administration.

"Oh, yeah?" "Yeah!" "Oh, yeah?" "Yeah" ad infinitum.

Pecker

(HEADLINE: Kids' Pajamas To Be Removed By Wal-Mart)

gigantikok: [quote author=Pecker link=board=99;num=1067045112;start=0#17 date=10/28/03 at 17:30:04]It matters not what the truth is, gigs.  Liberals/Bush haters know from experience that if they repeat a lie often enough it becomes true "because they said so."[/quote]
A-Fucking-Men. Not like any of them would question the bullshit they spew out, they are enjoying hating Bush too much.

Tender: Pecker,
Just wanted to ditto your thoughts....
:)
Tender