Pass the Dutchie on the left hand side....

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by ChocolateLuvuh, May 28, 2006.

1. ChocolateLuvuh

ChocolateLuvuh New Member

Albums:
    Ok, I have a question. Which is the most dangerous and damaging vice. Tobacco, alcohol or pot?

2. mainer1

mainer1 New Member

man...we both know....tobacco...

3. rob_just_rob

Gold Member

Tobacco.

They have the best funded lobby group, though.

4. mindseye

Gold Member

Depends on what country you're in, too -- marijuana is certainly a riskier vice in the US than it is in more enlightened parts of the world.

Between tobacco and pot -- how does organic, unprocessed, not-chemically-manipulated-by-Philip-Morris tobacco compare to pot?

5. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

Tobacco. How many other products can you absolutely directly almost link cancer to, along with other things?

6. Dr Rock

Gold Member

who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
    um, pretty much any kinda food packaging, for starters. most of the shit in your tap water. cars. power stations. an ever-increasing array of cosmetics.

need i continue?

to answer the original poster's question, the concept of "vice" is an outdated one, and it was pretty retarded to begin with. alcohol is the most damaging to the largest number of people's health; whether you also include the victims of drunk drivers and so on in that category is up to you.

7. rob_just_rob

Gold Member

I don't know this, but I would bet that very few pot smokers have a 20-a-day habit the way a lot of cigarette smokers do. Even if pot is significantly worse than tobacco (which I doubt), volume has to be a big factor.

I have a couple of friends who I consider "heavy" users, and that amounts to maybe 5 or 6 joints a week. *shrug* Maybe I need to get out more.

8. BigPoppaFury

BigPoppaFury Member

Albums:
    Thanks.

I'd only just got that song out of my head from last year.

9. Matthew

Gold Member

This generation/Rules the nation ...

Seriously - pass that shit.

10. D_Elijah_MorganWood

D_Elijah_MorganWood New Member

Tobacco wins this one. It kills approximately 5 million people a year.

11. D_Humper E Bogart

D_Humper E Bogart New Member

And it doesn't even taste good, smell good or make you feel better when your emotions are neutral, at least the "higher" drugs are psychoactive, rather than cigs, which are just habit forming.

12. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

Errmm, please don't. Only you seem to be forgetting that tobacco products get the more attention & infamy when it comes to cancer causing in humans.

13. chrisj428

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Miami.

Definitely Miami.

14. rob_just_rob

Gold Member

That was my favourite episode :smile:. If only Ted Nugent had tried to kill Sonny with a crossbow... :cool:

15. Shelby

Gold Member

But didn't native americans show us the pleasures of smoking tobacco? Doesn't that make it cool and all?

Bunch of xenophobes.

16. Bananaman

Bananaman New Member

Just for the sake of argument, the Surgeon General's Report says that pipe smokers who inhale generally have the same death rate as nonsmokers, and those who don't inhale have a lower death rate than nonsmokers! Supposedly, pipe tobacco doesn't have all the chemicals put in it that cigarette tobacco does. If true, it would sure seem to prove beyond any doubt that the tobacco companies chemical manipulations are more responsible for smoking related deaths than the tobacco itself. No surprise there, I guess.

17. ManiacalMadMan

Gold Member

I think to some extent it depends on the person. There's people who smoke cigarettes well past 90 and don't seem to have a problem with it and others who can't breathe by the time they hit 50. Alchohol also runs on those lines. some people can drink a few several times a week and have no problems others can't handle it and nearly kill themselves before they are 30 or younger. And alchohol comes with the added death factor of impairing judgement, vision, motor skills and causing fatal accidents on the road and in other situations. A tobacco smoker can still operate a buzz saw but a drunk person may slice his hand off and marry-gee-juana (heard it in a movie that way and I like it) also does things to mind skills and coordination. I would prefer a smoker doctor doing surgery on me over a doctor coming in from a bar or a pot party.

Again each of these drugs works different on different people and the only way to find out is doing the research for yourself start a 3 pack a day cigarette habit today it will be worth it for the sake of tobacco growers everywhere and while you're at it drink a bottle of your favorite alchohol each day and smoke a few joints. Research is the key for you to find out your answer.

Draft saved Draft deleted