Past post Update

I posted a thread a while back about a potential romance. That went awry I guess.

When we were starting to see each other regularly, his girl had at one point fallen asleep on my bed watching a movie with me, and remarked about how comfortable she felt in there with me. I figured there were some sparks here, as my heart had never felt so peaceful as it did with her head next to me.

Well, she had an ex, who she obviously still had feelings for. She stopped talking to me altogether for a week and a half. I got a call from the dude at the time telling me she doesn't want to associate with me anymore. I assumed he made that up. we have a history and it's not a pretty one.

Anyways, I finally got her to respond to me last night, and she was completely content after my inquiry to cut all ties with me for this asshole, and she said I can feel free to hate her, but she's going to forget this all ever happened.

I think my heart is broken just a bit more than it has been all 2007, and I can't believe I have to start the new year like this.

What can I do to rebound and stay positive?

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Poor baby. I'm really sorry it turned out this way.

I have no idea how to make you feel better, but you could try a new hobby. Physical activity and getting out of the house/apt. was always helpful to me. Hanging with friends is therapeutic too.

Oh -- don't watch any romantic movies. They'll make you feel worse. And throw rocks at ANY and ALL radios that are playing country music!! :biggrin1:

I hate country music so no problem there....but I'm a blues musician by trade.

Irony.

I jog every morning now. I was doing it to get in shape to be more attractive for her, honestly, but it seems to elevate my daily mood, so I'll keep at it.

You guys are sweet, thank you.

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Wow -- blues musician AND cute. :rolleyes:

One way of looking at is is that it's "food" for song material down the road.

Hope today was looking brighter today, and each day forward. And keep those running shoes handy!