Past

Bigbob7474

Cherished Member
Media
I have a question regarding past partners. Why would a women remember details of a one night stand that she never met before that night 20 plus years later and not remember details about any past boyfriends who she had relationships with?

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
While I cannot recall every intimate episode, I remember every lover. I remember times we spent together and there were some memorable events that will be forever with me.

I've never had a one-night stand, but like AE said I'd probably remember it. Not because it was a wonderful event, but because it was my one and only one-night stand.

However, I do remember every night stand I've ever had. One from Ethan Allen was very nice until some asshole put a glass of water on top, and I never got rid of that nasty ring. Thirsty bastard.

ItsAll4Kim

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
However, I do remember every night stand I've ever had. One from Ethan Allen was very nice until some asshole put a glass of water on top, and I never got rid of that nasty ring. Thirsty bastard.
EA used to have a beautiful line of furniture in a mission style with a gorgeous satin finish. I bought a great bedroom set in that for my daughter, but they discontinued many other pieces before I was able to afford other rooms.

That was one night stand I'll remember fondly.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't do one night stands. If I suddenly did one, I bet I'd rememner it forever. I realized recently I can't remember the names of every partner, and some I cannot remember their faces. I'm forgetting all kimds of details. I remember the ones who were truly special to me. The weird ones. The terrible ones. The dudes I hope to avoid forever.

ItsAll4Kim

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I can remember several particular encounters from way over 20 years ago in vivid detail. I couldn't tell you one thing about the sex I had 6 weeks ago, or 4...but I can recall everything about the sex 5 weeks ago.

That doesn't mean the sex 20 years ago or 5 weeks ago was better than 6 and 4 weeks ago....it wasn't. It just means that something about the person or events stuck with me. We remember things long-term that we recall several times after they occurred. We tend to forget details we no longer need to remember...unless we have some level of eidetic memory, in which case we can recall everything of which we were conscious.

That being said, sometimes, "I don't remember" is a polite was of saying, "it's none of your business how big my past boyfriend's dicks were."

lapdog2001

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have a question regarding past partners. Why would a women remember details of a one night stand that she never met before that night 20 plus years later and not remember details about any past boyfriends who she had relationships with?

I remember specific encounters I had in long term relationships, but also remember in detail the specifics of many of the one-time liaisons that I've had. What causes a memory to 'stick'? It's memorable! Many of those memorable encounters have also been described in my post here on LPSG where the story was relevant. I do remember the names of every woman I've been with and some details our encounters, even if it was very short term.

A great night stand is always memorable! :D

njfellow2002

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

There is a phenomenon called " Flash Bulb Memory" -- where a single event can imprint on a persons memory. While an even that happens often is not 'filed' in memory because it is so common. Like remembering what you had for breakfast yesterday, vs, say a gourmet breakfast you had on vacation.

More often, Flash Bulb Memory is associated with major events (like the way most people can tell you everything about where they were on 911 or when Kennedy was shot)-- but the phenomenon is the same for less major events too.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
because it was memorable?

or= because she is remembering a fiction she doesn't even really recall to be a fiction.

Reactions: lapdog2001

I've encountered all kinds of dogs in my life. You know which one sticks out the most? The German Sheppard that bit me when I was 3 years old.

Some memories just stick. In a sea of average to nothing really important, it's the high points and the really terrible ones that leave a lasting impression.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
EA used to have a beautiful line of furniture in a mission style with a gorgeous satin finish. I bought a great bedroom set in that for my daughter, but they discontinued many other pieces before I was able to afford other rooms.

That was one night stand I'll remember fondly.

That's funny, because I never cared for their mission line. I was always a traditionalist. I liked the colonial line.

Bigbob7474

Cherished Member
Media
Why d
I don't do one night stands. If I suddenly did one, I bet I'd rememner it forever. I realized recently I can't remember the names of every partner, and some I cannot remember their faces. I'm forgetting all kimds of details. I remember the ones who were truly special to me. The weird ones. The terrible ones. The dudes I hope to avoid forever.
o you think you would remember the one night stand forever? Would it be because you just dont do that?

Bigbob7474

Cherished Member
Media
Im just trying to see how women remember compared to men. I have had a few one nights stands myself. The only one I can remember is the one where the girl just could not take me. I barely got anything in and she started to cry so had to stop. I remember that one clearly, but nothing about the others.

marriedasian

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
it's simple really... it's called experience. if that ONS gave her an unforgettable experience or an experience that she has not since experienced again, it will always be retained in her memory. if she was able to hit orgasm 5 times that night but have never been able to achieve it since then she will always remember it. if that guy was able to eat her out like no other since, then she will remember...

point is, we remember the experiences that we go through and if they are life-changing or eye-opening then we never forget... like how we never forget our first time we have sex.

ItsAll4Kim

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
That's funny, because I never cared for their mission line. I was always a traditionalist. I liked the colonial line.
I currently only have their British Classics desk. It's a monstrosity (well not quite as large as Raj's desk in Big Bang Theory) and nice, but it lacks the gorgeous finish. I didn't really care about the mission style per se...that finish was pure sex to me. Sadly, AE said it didn't sell well, so it lasted maybe 6 years.

I had far too much colonial furniture (including EA pieces) in my early adult years, and grew out of it completely. Today I go for mid-century modern, IKEA (Scandinavian) contemporary (!) and some Arts and Crafts. Clean lines over ornate for me. At least now. I bore easily....