Pat Roberston

cruztbone

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
......and you are white, male, protestant and dress the corporate suit way.
They are not perceived as terrorists, when in fact, they are the ones whose reactionary efforts to silence the first amendment to the constitution as a way to combat Al-Qaida make them even more dangerous !

If you arent emailing your members of congress, I ask you:WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?

Democracy does not run on autopilot. Each one of us is responsible for the government we get. :mad:

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
Originally posted by cruztbone@Aug 26 2005, 03:06 AM
If you arent emailing your members of congress, I ask you:WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
[post=338054]Quoted post[/post]​
congressmen who might actually give a shit, as opposed to being entirely concerned with bolstering their own political and financial bottom lines?

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Actually, I'm waiting for a few who don't act like a bunch of scared little girls in a thunderstorm. These boneheads, when they can be compelled to show up to vote are too chicked shit to vote their conscience, if they even have one. Most of them have to be reassured by a sufficient number of their party mates that they are voting alike or they will just plod along like mules and vote their party's way.

Yes, I still vote, email, write letters to editors. I DO need hobbies, yanno.

jay_too

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by Philly05@Aug 28 2005, 09:15 PM
Venezuelan protests against Chavez
[post=338735]Quoted post[/post]​
I guess this disproves someone's earlier contention that Venezuela was not democratic.

I wonder if Chavez's "townhalls" are composed of people previously vetted by his party?

Now a President who is afraid of citizens speaking their minds and avoids dissenting views is probably paranoid and dare I say it, UNdemocratic. Oh wait, that is another country.

jay

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
It's like the Cubans. The only difference between Castro and Batista was that Batista was friendlier to the mob.

smallman

1st Like
Media
Originally posted by Steve26@Aug 24 2005, 10:32 AM

I also was struck by the irony of his saying that "we don't need another $200 billion war," when every day more and more Americans are deciding that we didn't need our current $200 billion war.
Steve
[post=337625]Quoted post[/post]​

I don't think you know what "irony" is.
1.a type of humor based on using words to suggest the opposite of their literal meaning
2.something said or written that uses sardonic humor
3.incongruity between what actually happens and what might be expected to happen, especially when this disparity seems absurd or laughable
4.something that happens that is incongruous with what might be expected to happen, especially when this seems absurd or laughable

smallman

1st Like
Media
Originally posted by Dr Rock+Aug 25 2005, 11:10 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dr Rock &#064; Aug 25 2005, 11:10 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-cruztbone@Aug 26 2005, 03:06 AM
[post=338054]Quoted post[/post]​
congressmen who might actually give a shit, as opposed to being entirely concerned with bolstering their own political and financial bottom lines?
[post=338056]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

only saps care about anything else

smallman

1st Like
Media
Originally posted by KinkGuy@Aug 24 2005, 04:39 PM
You think that if Venezuela weren&#39;t sitting on top of all that oil, we would give a shit? We ONLY care if there are natural resources involved. There are literally dozens of countries with equally or far worse situations, which we ignore.

Edit: And Chavez was as "legally" elected as half the despots, dictators and presidents on this planet.

He is busy negotiating with the Japenese to develop, build and expand the oil business in Venezuela. And IS NOT hiring American companies nor is he turning over all that oil to US and European oil companies.

Is it that hard to figure out why we are pissed off? The bush cartel, Haliburton and "friends" had their sights set on it.
[post=337668]Quoted post[/post]​

are you arguing that we should take a stand everywhere, or are you arguing that we shouldn&#39;t try to protect are own interests?

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
Originally posted by smallman@Aug 29 2005, 12:06 AM
[post=338787]Quoted post[/post]​
please try to scoop all of your drool into a single reply, so that people trying to follow the discussion don&#39;t have to wade through several replies to different posts stacked one on top of another. THAAANKS

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by smallman+Aug 28 2005, 06:09 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(smallman &#064; Aug 28 2005, 06:09 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-KinkGuy@Aug 24 2005, 04:39 PM
You think that if Venezuela weren&#39;t sitting on top of all that oil, we would give a shit?  We ONLY care if there are natural resources involved.  There are literally dozens of countries with equally or far worse situations, which we ignore.

Edit:  And Chavez was as "legally" elected as half the despots, dictators and presidents on this planet.

He is busy negotiating with the Japenese to develop, build and expand the oil business in Venezuela.  And IS NOT hiring American companies nor is he turning over all that oil to US and European oil companies. 

Is it that hard to figure out why we are pissed off?  The bush cartel, Haliburton and "friends" had their sights set on it.
[post=337668]Quoted post[/post]​

are you arguing that we should take a stand everywhere, or are you arguing that we shouldn&#39;t try to protect are own interests?
[post=338788]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

In this case, neither.
Please see item #3 in your very own earlier post.

Oh hell, #1, #2 and #4 work just as well when talking about our current ruler.

smallman

1st Like
Media
Originally posted by Dr Rock+Aug 28 2005, 10:09 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dr Rock &#064; Aug 28 2005, 10:09 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-smallman@Aug 29 2005, 12:06 AM
[post=338787]Quoted post[/post]​
please try to scoop all of your drool into a single reply, so that people trying to follow the discussion don&#39;t have to wade through several replies to different posts stacked one on top of another. THAAANKS
[post=338818]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

sorry

* and i meant to write "our" in my second post.