BIGDP

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Pat Robertson says Haiti paying for 'pact to the devil' - CNN.com

Pat Robertson says Haiti paying for 'pact to the devil'
January 13, 2010 6:58 p.m. EST

Pat Robertson has previously linked natural disasters and terrorist attacks to legalized abortion in the United States.

STORY HIGHLIGHTS
Robertson says native Haitians made deal with the devil for freedom from France

Robertson is evangelical Christian who has made similar comparisons
He once suggested God was punishing Americans with Hurricane Katrina

(CNN) -- Pat Robertson, the evangelical Christian who once suggested God was punishing Americans with Hurricane Katrina, says a "pact to the devil" brought on the devastating earthquake in Haiti. Officials fear more than 100,000 people have died as a result of Tuesday's 7.0-magnitude earthquake in Haiti. Robertson, the host of the "700 Club," blamed the tragedy on something that "happened a long time ago in Haiti, and people might not want to talk about it." The Haitians "were under the heel of the French. You know, Napoleon III and whatever," Robertson said on his broadcast Wednesday. "And they got together and swore a pact to the devil. They said, 'We will serve you if you will get us free from the French.' True story. And so, the devil said, 'OK, it's a deal.' "

Native Haitians defeated French colonists in 1804 and declared independence. "You know, the Haitians revolted and got themselves free. But ever since, they have been cursed by one thing after the other." Robertson has previously linked natural disasters and terrorist attacks to legalized abortion in the United States. Soon after Hurricane Katrina ravaged the Gulf Coast, killing more than 1,800 and wreaking unprecedented devastation on New Orleans, Louisiana, Robertson weighed in with his own theory. "We have killed over 40 million unborn babies in America," Robertson said on his September 12, 2005, broadcast of "700 Club." "I was reading, yesterday, a book that was very interesting about what God has to say in the Old Testament about those who shed innocent blood. And he [the author] used the term that those who do this, 'the land will vomit you out.'

... But have we found we are unable somehow to defend ourselves against some of the attacks that are coming against us, either by terrorists or now by natural disaster? Could they be connected in some way?"

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
when that worthless piece of shit dies, I will make a special trip to his grave, do a dance, and then shit on it. This man is one of the many many reasons why I no longer associate myself with any organized christian religion

uncutblond34

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
He can go fuck himself ! He's useless, and, as my grandfather would say " the man's windier than a bag of assholes". He has nothing helpful to say on anything he comments on, which I find interesting because religious people are supposed to help one another, right ? He and that dispicable Fred Phelps can go right straight to hell.

B_jeepguy2

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Actually his claim is factually true. On August 14, 1791, a group of houngans (voodoo priests), led by a former slave houngan named Boukman, made a pact with the Devil at a place called Bois-Caiman. All present vowed to exterminate all of the white Frenchmen on the island. They sacrificed a black pig in a voodoo ritual at which hundreds of slaves drank the pig's blood. In this ritual, Boukman asked Satan for his help in liberating Haiti from the French. In exchange, the voodoo priests offered to give the country to Satan for 200 years and swore to serve him. On January 1, 1804, the nation of Haiti was born.

Robertson's claiming that he has knowledge that this earthquake was a result of this is ludicrous, but his historical facts are correct!​

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Pat Robertson has no idea how pacts w/ the Devil work. You make them for fiddle lessons, not earthquakes. Dumbass.

JohnDoeXXXm

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
While I personally believe that the country of Haiti is a very dark place due to widespread Demonolatry, for P.R. to make this connection and pronounce this "judgement of God" from his 'bully pulpit' is incredibly sad and a shameful, irresponsible misuse of his self-created authority and influence on those who watch his show.

God reserves judgment for himself, and it is simply our job to love one another as God loves us- anything else is missing the mark- and can be, by definition, defined as sinful nature. As a matter of fact, it's the same legalistic behavior of the religious leaders of his time that Jesus attacked in the Gospels. Robertson should know better- much better.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Those such as Robertson and others of the religious right make these mischaracterizations and generalizations of people caught in natural disasters because it absolves them (in their minds at least) of any semblance of empathy or compassion for the victims.

By demonizing the victims, Robertson and his coalition of so-called "Christians" don't have to care, not that they ever had a fucking clue about anyone or anything outside their own myopic view of the world in the first place.

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
when that worthless piece of shit dies, I will make a special trip to his grave, do a dance, and then shit on it. This man is one of the many many reasons why I no longer associate myself with any organized christian religion

Why wait until he is dead. I say shit on him now

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Actually his claim is factually true. On August 14, 1791, a group of houngans (voodoo priests), led by a former slave houngan named Boukman, made a pact with the Devil at a place called Bois-Caiman. All present vowed to exterminate all of the white Frenchmen on the island. They sacrificed a black pig in a voodoo ritual at which hundreds of slaves drank the pig's blood. In this ritual, Boukman asked Satan for his help in liberating Haiti from the French. In exchange, the voodoo priests offered to give the country to Satan for 200 years and swore to serve him. On January 1, 1804, the nation of Haiti was born.

Robertson's claiming that he has knowledge that this earthquake was a result of this is ludicrous, but his historical facts are correct!​

Uh, no, the slave revolt in Haiti included many more people than a few voodoo priests. :rolleyes:

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
what a fn tool. He'll have his coronary any day now, Keep praying please.