Pat Robertson on Haiti's Disaster -- no further comment from me

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Pat Robertson has no idea how pacts w/ the Devil work. You make them for fiddle lessons, not earthquakes. Dumbass.

Guitar lessons, not fiddle lessons. Mr. Johnson would slap you silly if he weren't busy shoveling shit in the fifth circle for the rest of eternity.

Scot22

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This type of hate was also apparent in the UK when AIDS was first diagnosed among some gays in the early 1980's.
Churches,many of them mainstream,denounced gays,declaring this was punishment for their sins.
Some things never change.

D_Tyrone_Tittickler

Experimental Member
Media
I am surprised that Robertson and Limbaugh waited this long before broadcasting their thoughts about the reasons why Haitians are suffering so terribly. Jerry Falwell (God have mercy on his soul) voiced similar sentiments following the destruction wrought by Hurricane Katrina. I experienced this tragedy (Katrina) firsthand and it still makes my blood boil when the holier than thous take center stage and begin their "shame, shame, shame on you" monologue. Mr. Robertson and Mr. Limbaugh, when you each have an opportunity to take a break from your busy schedule of critiquing others, please research this new word in Webster's Dictionary so that you can add it to your vocabulary... MERCY

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Actually his claim is factually true. On August 14, 1791, a group of houngans (voodoo priests), led by a former slave houngan named Boukman, made a pact with the Devil at a place called Bois-Caiman. All present vowed to exterminate all of the white Frenchmen on the island. They sacrificed a black pig in a voodoo ritual at which hundreds of slaves drank the pig's blood. In this ritual, Boukman asked Satan for his help in liberating Haiti from the French. In exchange, the voodoo priests offered to give the country to Satan for 200 years and swore to serve him. On January 1, 1804, the nation of Haiti was born.

Robertson's...historical facts are correct!​

No, Robertson's historical facts are not correct. That demented evangelical made up the above tale and mislabeled the Haitian Vodou religion as Satanic, which it is not. Haitian Vodou is a mixture of Roman Catholicism and West African religions. This is what happened with regard to the 1791 ceremony:

Haitian Vodou - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ezili Dantor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The most historically important Vodou ceremony in Haitian history was the Bwa Kayiman or Bois Caïman ceremony of August 1791 that began the Haitian Revolution, in which the spirit Ezili Dantor possessed a priestess and received a black pig as an offering, and all those present pledged themselves to the fight for freedom. This ceremony ultimately resulted in the liberation of the Haitian people from French colonial rule in 1804, and the establishment of the first black people's republic in the history of the world and the second independent nation in the Americas.

And this was Boukman's prayer:

Boukman - TLP

This prayer, from the ceremony at Bwa Kayiman, has been traditionally been ascribed to Boukman: "The god who created the earth; who created the sun that gives us light.The god who holds up the ocean; who makes the thunder roar. Our God who has ears to hear. You who are hidden in the clouds; who watch us from where you are. You see all that the white has made us suffer. The white man's god asks him to commit crimes. But the god within us wants to do good. Our god, who is so good, so just, He orders us to revenge our wrongs. It's He who will direct our arms and bring us the victory. It's He who will assist us. We all should throw away the image of the white men's god who is so pitiless. Listen to the voice for liberty that sings in all our hearts."

Last edited:

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No, Robertson's historical facts are not correct. That demented evangelical made up the above tale and mislabeled the Haitian Vodou religion as Satanic, which it is not. Haitian Vodou is a mixture of Roman Catholicism and West African religions.
Thanks for that correction, Dreamer. I doubt that Robertson would be much concerned about it, though: he probably believes on principle that Roman Catholicism and West African religions are all forms of satanism anyway.

D

deleted3782

Makes you wonder what kind of God Pat worships...certainly not one that I am familiar with.

Media
If what he says is true, about the pact with the devil. To expound as he has, upon the intricacies of what ever repercussions or fallout from making a pact of that kind, makes him seem hateful and judgmental. When his intentions may have been the opposite.

He could disagree with that kind of decision but to say it is a direct cause of this devastation is not his place to say.

His lack of compassion I find very offensive.

Last edited:

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Comments like these from Limbaugh and Robertson are valuable in that they give any rational thinking person a pristine clear view of what kind of lowlife scumbags these two really are.

One would think anyone that lent even half an ear to their hate filled rhetoric has got to be asking him/herself about now, "I actually listened to these m-fuckas??"

And if you do follow their broadcasts, and aren't asking yourself this, then, hey...what can I say?

Viking_UK

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Comments like these from Limbaugh and Robertson are valuable in that they give any rational thinking person a pristine clear view of what kind of lowlife scumbags these two really are.

One would think anyone that lent even half an ear to their hate filled rhetoric has got to be asking him/herself about now, "I actually listened to these m-fuckas??"

And if you do follow their broadcasts, and aren't asking yourself this, then, hey...what can I say?

Precisely. The trouble is that their followers aren't rational thinking people.

It's these kinds of crackpots that give religion a bad name.

avg_joe

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Why do people care about a crazy old delusional man suffering from mental illness?

Last edited:

BIGDP

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Now wondering what his take will be on Japan's tragic earthquake. I don't believe they practice Christianity, so I'm waiting for Mr. Fallwell to say, "Those heathens got what they deserved."