Patriots get all the calls?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Nekoman, Dec 29, 2007.

1. Nekoman

Gold Member

Albums:
    Anyone else watching the game tonight think the Patriots get the benefit of the doubt from the officials?

Randy Moss gets away with pushing etc. and doesnt get called for penelties -- repeatedly.

The defender on Moss touches him lightly in the endzone and gets called for pass interference.

Anyone else see things that way?

And why -- why would the officials want the Pats to win?

2. viking1

Gold Member

Money...

3. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

on the other hand, they (Pats) got their first turnover of the eve ... they are good

4. Nekoman

Gold Member

Albums:
    No one's sayin they ain't good. I'm just saying they're getting help from the refs.

Refs seem to give the calls to the stars --

Remember how Michael Jordan & Shaq always got away with everything!

5. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

NE Pats 37 (w/out xtra point) 28 NY Giants

6. Jovial

Gold Member

Albums:
    Don't worry, the Giants will still cover.

7. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

I've seen that w/other teams & games ... would have trouble saying that's happening here ,,, then, too, I've poured in a lot of Wild Turkey 101 proof into me, so could be missing something, if I am I apologize ... Pats just got hit with a 15 yard penalty

8. D_Maurice Mountlilly

D_Maurice Mountlilly Account Disabled

my buddy says this all the time (i.e the monday night game against baltimore)and he says it's some thing where the sports world wants all the boston/new england squads to win all the titles(celtics,red sox)
    the pats are that good(i'm an eagle's fan...save the jokes)great teams find a way to win.but i don't think it's the team getting the benifit of the refs,but the player.moss,t.o.,hines ward,plexico buress.all the top recivers get some sort of slack to push off.

9. UpwardCurve

UpwardCurve New Member

Yeah what's up with all these boston teams winning games, i sense a conspiratorial element if you ask me...

10. rob_just_rob

Gold Member

The NFL has been practically unwatchable this year, and the NEP have been a major reason why.

11. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

Just reviewed the game with a couple of real-world buddies, and they agree with you guys ...!?!?!?!?

12. Nekoman

Gold Member

Albums:
    Thanks for the validation -- and coming from Texas, you should be less biased than some Giants fans I know.

13. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

Here's more:

(www.kansascity.com | 12/29/2007 | There’s no doubt that NFL rules, and Patriots are star attraction)

If there is a stain on Saturday’s contest, it was delivered by the group that seems determined to destroy the NFL: the league’s referees.
    “That was some of the worst officiating I’ve experienced in eight years,” said a Giants player.
    He hasn’t been watching closely enough. Bad officiating is the standard in the NFL. You can’t watch a big NFL game without at some point wondering which team the refs are betting on. For all the talk of “spygate,” the real knock on this Patriots season is going to be the questionable officiating that helped them reach 16-0.
    You remember the late penalty in the end zone that catapulted the Patriots to victory over the Ravens? Well, there was nothing that bad in this game, but New England certainly benefited from a ridiculous unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on Amani Toomer as the Giants started their final TD drive.
    A New England player slipped and fell to the ground along the New York sideline, and a ref threw a flag, claiming Toomer hit the player. A play later, the refs flagged Toomer for holding. There was no need for the Patriots to employ a prevent defense. The refs were determined to prevent New York from mounting a rally.

guess I wasn't paying attention

Draft saved Draft deleted