Pattern to paint on wall?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by D_Harry Bacque, Nov 19, 2010.

1. D_Harry Bacque

D_Harry Bacque New Member

I have a friend who painted her room recently using only white paint, but she put a layer of flat white and then painted a few patterns on her wall using white eggshell paint that reflects light more than the flat paint. It actually looked pretty nice and I was trying to think of something interesting to do in my room but I'm not very creative and can't think of anything interesting.

Any thoughts on what to put? I should also add I'm not the greatest artist, so it should probably be something somewhat simple I can do with painter's tape.

2. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    I had a friend once whose whole apartment was painted in horizontal, 14" stripes alternating matte with semigloss in the same color (a deep gray, but it was the mid-80s :rolleyes:).

It looked very nice, but was an obviously tedious process.

3. chatterbox2010

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    there is a famous artist who would paint women's bodies, then press them to the wall to make a really cool pattern. i'm not sure what all she is into, but his name is Yves Klein. here is a link of his work, "Blue". Yves Klein and International Klein Blue | Basis Design

4. nudeyorker

Gold Member

There are a couple of really easy ways to achieve a great look.
    One option is to go to a craft store and look for a stencil patten that you like and go that direction. Another way to go is to paint the wall with flat paint and then use a semi-gloss with a natural sea sponge. Takes a bit of practice but the effect is very nice the way the wall reflects the light differently.

http://articles.directorym.com/Sponge_Painting_Adds_Texture_To_Walls-a862659.html

#4 nudeyorker, Nov 20, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2010
Draft saved Draft deleted