Patting my own back

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Okay I'm pretty excited right now.

After almost 20 months, I am finally able to fit into the jeans I bought right before I got pregnant. I've gone down 4 dress sizes so far and though I am definitely not where I want to be yet, I am feeling a lot better about myself and all the work I've done lately to take this extra weight off.

Now, if I can only get down to a hot bikini body by summer, I promise you all some hot, sexy, pro-quality photos.

Snoozan

ArtfulDominant

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

After almost 20 months, I am finally able to fit into the jeans I bought right before I got pregnant. I've gone down 4 dress sizes so far and though I am definitely not where I want to be yet, I am feeling a lot better about myself and all the work I've done lately to take this extra weight off.

Now, if I can only get down to a hot bikini body by summer, I promise you all some hot, sexy, pro-quality photos.

Snoozan

Congratulations and good work. It's not easy balancing everything: job, interests, friends, AND fitness. And especially tough to manage with a new one on board.

B_spiker067

Experimental Member
Media
Yeah, congrats to the one unsolicited PM'er I ever got to hit me up with you can be a real asshole PM (with a caveat). Remember the butt sex thread? Ahh, memories. Has your sphincter spoken to you lately?

Merry Christmas Snoozie and JBT (if thats appropriate?).

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Snoozan--

I am so glad that your hard work is paying off. Keep your eye on the prize and you will have the results you want in due time. Nothing worth having every comes easy, babe.

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
[Homer Simpson voice] mmm... hot bikini body... [drooling noises]

Congrats snooz!

Thank you! I have not worn a bikini in all 28.5 years of my life. When I was young and svelte, I was too self-conscious. My goal is to wear one and feel good about it by the time I'm 30.

Congratulations and good work. It's not easy balancing everything: job, interests, friends, AND fitness. And especially tough to manage with a new one on board.

Lately the new one has been the reason for exercising-- suddenly he can walk and run and get everywhere really fast. However, he still wants to be carried up three flights of stairs regularly and he's got to be almost 30 pounds by now. Not to mention the rocking to sleep at night, this is responsible for some pretty nicely toned calves. :biggrin1::biggrin1:

Has your sphincter spoken to you lately?

My sphincter has been disappointingly silent. I wish it would PM me.

Snoozan--

I am so glad that your hard work is paying off. Keep your eye on the prize and you will have the results you want in due time. Nothing worth having every comes easy, babe.

Don't I know it. There are some days I really want a double quarter pounder with cheese meal, 20 McNuggets, a couple of McFishes, 17 of those 2 for $1 apple pies... But I'm good and will have a banana and a can of tuna (yay protein).

Congratulations, Snoozan! What a great Christmas present to yourself. :biggrin1: :biggrin1: :biggrin1:

Thank you! My birthday is in April, maybe the bikini I speak of will be the present then...

You go, girl!

Pecker you're always so damned sweet. Or funny. And/or funny.

Let me chime in with my congrats, though you'd be beautiful in any size.:smile:

Okay, this almost made me cry. You're one of the kindest people on this board. Thank you.

Did you do it on your own? Either way, it takes a lot of fortitude! I admire anyone who can make their dreams a reality! Congrats, and may your holiday be especially bright wearing those pre-pregnancy small ones!

Actually my secret has been sticking to 1200-1500 calories a day during the week and letting myself cheat a little on weekends. I have to say this "cheating" is what keeps me sticking to the calorie restrictions-- I know if I make it to Friday night I can have, say, a few cookies. I also try to eat as much protein as possible. It doesn't hurt to have an energetic toddler and a 4 month old puppy to chase around, either.

On a related note, I have had pretty severe IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) for many years. Since I've changed my diet, I've had almost no symptoms from the IBS, which has been a wonderful added benefit. I don't have to take any meds for it, I'm not chugging Maalox anymore, and I'm not rushing to the bathroom every 10 minutes after I eat. It's pretty cool.

Thanks all so much for your kind words and encouragement. Here's to sticking with it.

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

Snoozan

Congratulations! What are you doing for exercise?

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Congratulations! What are you doing for exercise?

See above-- chasing toddler and puppy. Actually, I'll have to start something more serious soon, I know, to maintain this rate of weight loss. So far it's been mostly diet. Walking the dog and the baby are going to be easiest to for cardio. The husband is trying to get me to start lifting weights with him, which I should take him up on. In all reality, though, I'm still not sure where I'm going with the exercise part of it.

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
See above-- chasing toddler and puppy. Actually, I'll have to start something more serious soon, I know, to maintain this rate of weight loss. So far it's been mostly diet. Walking the dog and the baby are going to be easiest to for cardio. The husband is trying to get me to start lifting weights with him, which I should take him up on. In all reality, though, I'm still not sure where I'm going with the exercise part of it.

Whoops. Missed that post. Weightlifting will do wonders for you. It's only been within the last 10 years or so that women have started to take weightlifting seriously and there are so many benefits. Gained muscle tone, burning fat faster, more energy, the ability to change your body and redistribute your weight (to a degree), and it doesn't have to take a lot of time once you have a routine. I've been doing much more yoga lately than weightlifting but it never takes me more than 20 minutes a session per day when I am doing it. My two pc, FWIW.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

Don't I know it. There are some days I really want a double quarter pounder with cheese meal, 20 McNuggets, a couple of McFishes, 17 of those 2 for $1 apple pies... But I'm good and will have a banana and a can of tuna (yay protein).
Actually my secret has been sticking to 1200-1500 calories a day during the week and letting myself cheat a little on weekends. I have to say this "cheating" is what keeps me sticking to the calorie restrictions-- I know if I make it to Friday night I can have, say, a few cookies. I also try to eat as much protein as possible. It doesn't hurt to have an energetic toddler and a 4 month old puppy to chase around, either.

On a related note, I have had pretty severe IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) for many years. Since I've changed my diet, I've had almost no symptoms from the IBS, which has been a wonderful added benefit. I don't have to take any meds for it, I'm not chugging Maalox anymore, and I'm not rushing to the bathroom every 10 minutes after I eat. It's pretty cool.

Thanks all so much for your kind words and encouragement. Here's to sticking with it.

Snoozan--rewarding yourself for good behavior is key. As is eating tons of protein. I ate spinach salad with tuna and/or chicken breast on it for a year to build this body and get my cholesterol under control.

I also have IBS--in the form of colitis. Since I changed my diet, I have had zero symptoms as well.

Being healthy is HARD work, but damn does it pay off. I am SO proud of you. If you ever need any encoruagement, you are free to PM me (or email).

Also--the key to losing weight is to eat MORE (i.e., small meals throughout the day-like 5-7). Not eating makes your body go into hibernation mode where is stores more fat. Eating smaller meals that are higher in protein tells your body "She will always fuel me, so I can burn this off and not worry."

Whoops. Missed that post. Weightlifting will do wonders for you. It's only been within the last 10 years or so that women have started to take weightlifting seriously and there are so many benefits. Gained muscle tone, burning fat faster, more energy, the ability to change your body and redistribute your weight (to a degree), and it doesn't have to take a lot of time once you have a routine. I've been doing much more yoga lately than weightlifting but it never takes me more than 20 minutes a session per day when I am doing it. My two pc, FWIW.

Building and strengthening your muscles increases your body's ability to more efficiently burn more fat. Lifting weights is an important part of healthy living. Thanks for adding that, Bliss!