Paul Harvey

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I just think it's bizarre how we attach this sentimental reverence to things and people just because they're familiar and banal, and for some reason we find their dull repetition comforting like thunking our heads against a wall after a heavy dose of thorazine. i'm not an ageist, i think conan obrien and jay leno are equally useless. but they endure because thier lame style is easy to shovel down the throats of semi conscious viewers, and the network can sell 2 min celebrex commercials.

lighten up francis...

some of the best things in life are simple and banal.

i think you need to try fly fishing or needlepoint.

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Wow, that is a voice I will truly miss. We used to listen to him when I was growing up on WWDB out of Philly.

As a child I can recall listening on AM radio, it's nostalgic. There are some things that are best left in their original media format for authenticity's sake.

Unfortunately, Thadjock can't appreciate the historical perspective. He must hate movies of a historical perspective.

Not a historical movie but a comedy that blends film clips, one of my favorites and it'll be hard to find is one starring Steve Martin & Rachel Ward in "Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid" (Carl Reiner 1982).

Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia