Paul Krugman: Thanks to Government, we've averted the Great Depression II

SCsoccerMom

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
New End, you are alarming and confusing at the same time. You sound like both an anarchist and a nihilist.

Are you implying that you are a better economist than Krugman? Or are you implying that Krugman is a charlatan by association because economics is by and large a fraudulent science?

Do you think that Krugman is a shill for the Obama administration?

There is no doubt that you are highly intelligent... maybe you need to dumb it down for us liberals. What the hell are you getting at?

Congratulations....you have distilled this entire thread down to one sentence...
"Do you think Krugman is a shill for the Obama administration?"

BING BING BING tell the man what he has won!

YES the entire government owned media is completely IN THE TANK.....dear lord you can't see that? Yes he is a shill he is as left wing as they come...what do you think he would write....."you know folks this Keyesian economic intervention that I have built my career pontificating about is a load of crap...in hind sight I will the President had never listened to me. It is a miserable failure."

No.

And I agree with those who say it is far far from over.....commercial RE, Credit Card defaults....why do you think bans are doing what they can to hoard the cash....they know it ain't over.

D

deleted15807

Don't worry. Reality bites doesn't it? Ben Bernanke's employer is the US federal government. There really is no debate.

Last edited by a moderator:

3664shaken

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
That really doesn't decrease the prestige for such an award.:rolleyes:

ROTFLMAO

The Nobel prize has been politicized for several decades, Gore and Carter won it for god's sake.

There is no prestige, a far left organization awarding far-leftists!

Gee, you really don't think anyone could figure that one out - do you:tongue:

Penis Aficionado

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Krugman is highly critical of Obama -- he thinks Obama blew it when he failed to take over the banks and break them up into lots of smaller institutions.

For what it's worth, my financial advisor agrees with New End that the commercial real estate crash is coming, and it will be just as bad if not worse than the residential one.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
And when you go after any individual as "Just attacking libs" or "being a repugnican" or "right-wing nutjob", precisely what problem are you intending to solve, or what deed are you intending to accomplish?

Well to be honest, I would like to read what other people are saying on the subject matter and possibly chime in with my own beliefs that may be supportive or debatable in nature. Kinda hard to do that when you're looking for logical theories and it resorts to someone typing "lib" all the time, and I think you agree.

And if you've noticed, I haven't blamed a single political party in this thread. No "liberals", "repugnicans", "right-wing-nutjobs" or other clever characterization of any particular political party as being the cause of the Great Depression. I know it's decades of neglect from our Government that has brought us to this point. Give me a little credit here!

AllHazzardi

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well to be honest, I would like to read what other people are saying on the subject matter and possibly chime in with my own beliefs that may be supportive or debatable in nature. Kinda hard to do that when you're looking for logical theories and it resorts to someone typing "lib" all the time, and I think you agree.

And if you've noticed, I haven't blamed a single political party in this thread. No "liberals", "repugnicans", "right-wing-nutjobs" or other clever characterization of any particular political party as being the cause of the Great Depression. I know it's decades of neglect from our Government that has brought us to this point. Give me a little credit here!

Point I was making was, when you do the same thing(not necessarily in *this* thread), you're not exempt from your own judgment. Both sides do it to each other, but pointing out the fact the other side is doing it is just playing the same game. For example, pure reversal:

"Kinda hard to do that when you're looking for logical theories and it resorts to someone typing 'repugnican' all the time" - and of course I agree, that's why I reserve judgment on anything until I have enough information about that thing of its own respect to judge it of its own accord and merit.

I'm not saying you're the only one doing it, and I'm not saying you're twisting anything, and I'm not saying what you say you aren't obligated to based on what's happened. What I am saying is that regardless of what lows any opponent steps down to, it's always better to smile and stay nice and not go down to their level. Entitlement be damned, eye for an eye be damned. Forgive and forget; and I'm not saying that from the religious basis, I'm saying it from the Social one.

Zeuhl34

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
ROTFLMAO

The Nobel prize has been politicized for several decades, Gore and Carter won it for god's sake.

There is no prestige, a far left organization awarding far-leftists!

Gee, you really don't think anyone could figure that one out - do you:tongue:

Believe me, I'm no fan of Al Gore's (at least not in regard to his environmental crusade), but in general, people tend to have a high opinion of the Nobel Prize.

3664shaken

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Believe me, I'm no fan of Al Gore's (at least not in regard to his environmental crusade), but in general, people tend to have a high opinion of the Nobel Prize.

You may be right - there are some dimwits that think this.

But the Nobel prize has about as much credence as does an award from the creation institute.

Zeuhl34

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You may be right - there are some dimwits that think this.

But the Nobel prize has about as much credence as does an award from the creation institute.

Well, at least you're not a creationist.

However, I still have to disagree with you. The general public tends to think highly of the Nobel Prize. Why else would universities brag about having X number of Nobel laureates on staff? Or pieces of literature be marketed as written by "Nobel Prize-winner" X? People acknowledge the occasional fuck-ups in who wins (Al Gore, for one), but that does not detract from the awards' long history of (usually) awarding it to those deserving. Just because you disagree with a winner's personal politics (Gore, Carter, Krugman, whoever), the Nobel prize's prestige is not lessened. For example, when Marissa Tomei won an Oscar for My Cousin Vinny, most people acknowledged it as a fluke and that someone else probably should have won, but people still think of the Oscars as THE film awards show. Now quit trying to diminish the Nobel prizes just because you disagree with some recent recipients.

D

deleted15807

Who just happened to be right but don't let that get in the way of your bottomless ignorance.

B_24065

1st Like
Media
If you don't want it to. Just be aware of the truth. Economics are not a science, and indeed, many of the economics nobel winners have ended up having their models completely debunked over time. Economics are chaotic, and the basis of science is being able to reproduce and predict outcomes, you can do neither in economics.

Anyways, I'm done wasting my time here. Its not that I don't care... its just that I realize the futility now. We are fucked. Enjoy your fucked country. I am getting ready.

So, uh, yeah, ignore me, I'm just crazy. Everything is going ot be OK. The bailouts worked. Have a nice day....

you dumb fuckers.

Wow New End, I never thought i would ever say this but, i couldnt agree more with everything you have written in this thread. We are no where close to coming out of this. We are still going to have to weather another round of Mortgage defaults, a commercial realestate collapse, and worst of all, a complete collapse of the Dollar. But the real problem is a cultural one. We have become rabbid consumers trapped in an unsustainable cycle of greed, excess, and consumption.

Last edited:

Elmer Gantry

LPSG Legend
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Wow New End, I never thought i would ever say this but, i couldnt agree more with everything you have written in this thread. We are no where close to coming out of this. We are still going to have to weather another round of Mortgage defaults, a commercial realestate collapse, and worst of all, a complete collapse of the Dollar. But the real problem is a cultural one. We have become rabbid consumers trapped in an unsustainable cycle of greed, excess, and consumption.

Couldn't have said it better myself. The demise of the USD has already well and truly begun, by the look of it.

D

deleted15807

Right about what?!? The former is yet to be seen and the latter has never been right in his entire life and was almost as useless a President as Woodrow Wilson.

I know I know those little Nobel Prizes are meaningless.

one word: unsustainable

Guess what? Humanity is unsustainable. There isn't a sane scientist in the world that thinks the planet isn't doomed. The whole world is fucked. The worldwide extinction rate is at historic proportions.

Last edited by a moderator: