Pawlenty 2012? does anyone else want to vomit?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by liberalcynic, Apr 4, 2011.

1. liberalcynic

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    YouTube - Tim Pawlenty - A New Direction

ewwwwww....
    Why do I associate him with vomiting you ask?

The first excerpt released from Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty's forthcoming book, Courage to Stand, compares governing to vomiting.

"I think I was about twelve when my dad picked up a side job to earn a few bucks one weekend - a side job that required my help... The 'side job' included yanking meat hooks from large wooden bins that were stashed in a couple of truck trailers... Hundreds of thick, heavy meat hooks, covered with discarded raw remnants of sinew and fat, all rotting in the blistering heat... You could smell that rotting meat as soon as we opened the doors of those trailers."

"My dad reached in and grabbed the first hook, and I held my breath and leaned in through a swarm of flies to grab mine -- and I lost it. I tossed my cookies next to one of the bins, only adding to the mess and the stench. My dad didn't say much to me. I looked up at him, hoping for an out. He isn't really gonna make me keep doing this, is he? My dad's face was steady. He wasn't having an easy go of it either. But he looked at me and said quietly, 'We have to do this.'"

"It's impossible to count how many times I've applied that lesson in my life, especially in the political arena, where the tangled mess often seems insurmountable."

Pawlenty's First Excerpt

Is this the best we hope from Presidents?

2. houtx48

Gold Member

He and Michele Buchmann people should feel sorry for Minnesota.....

3. D_stryhtfg

D_stryhtfg New Member

Yeah...who wants a president who is financially responsible with money...and knows what a REAL days work is...and what it's like to work paycheck to paycheck...

Of course...any kindergarten class in the United States is full of about 20 little minds who are FAR more qualified to be president than who we have...and they haven't worked yet...so...

And that bolded party is COMPLETELY false. Nowhere did he assert that from those two quotes.

Isn't it sad when the common citizen in this country cannot understand a simple analogy?

4. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

5. parr

parr New Member

Anything, except for B.O. would be a improvement.

6. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Bullshit. Stop being a mindless, politically bigoted hater and make this about the issues.

7. giantsausage

giantsausage Member

I've lived in Minnesota my whole life, and while Minnesota has a long history as a blue State, we've had some great Republican governors. Tim Pawlenty is not one of them, he's an evil opportunist bastard and a religious nut to boot. Although his wife is smoking hot, and a great speaker, although she suffers from many of the same character flaws as her husband.

8. texas41-38

texas41-38 Member

As one of the 18,000 Texans that wrote in Hillary Clinton in November of 2008, I have to say unless something unimaginable happens Obama will be re-elected. The electoral math works in his favor. At this point in Bill Clinton's first term, there were only two people on the planet that could get him re-elected: Tim McVeigh and Newt Gingrich. And he found them both.

9. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

BTW, has anyone even seen Pawlenty's campaign ad? It looks like the new trailer to a Michael Bay flick.
    YouTube - Tim Pawlenty - A New Direction

Gotta love the stock footage lightning bolt striking the White House. Really... SO effective on letting people know the sky is falling. :rolleyes:

10. liberalcynic

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Seriously as a political science student out side of the US, Obama is a great president.

just because he hasn't been able to reduce the unemployment back to record lows from the mess Bush left us. yes unemployment is at about 9.6% but is a lot lower than the 14% it was at one stage. He should have not extended the bush tax cuts to the wealthy, they need to fund their fair share of the the deficit; they have the means and moral responsibility having their firms bail them out by the government. But the congress if full of republicans which don't care about paying the deficit but just giving tax cuts to the wealthy

- Stimulus package passed in the first year of presidency to help with economic recovery.

- Comprehensive Healthcare reform passed

- Nuclear treaties, including START treaty with Russia

- Funding for deep space travel by NASA (incl. asteroids and Mars)

- Financial Aid for students attending college

- 'Jobs Bill's, that create jobs that improve communities and employ citizens

11. my64sqin

my64sqin New Member

I'm live in Minnesota. During Gov. Pawlenty's reign state taxes never went up, instead state fees and charges went up like 200%! A tax by any other name is still a tax! Between him and Misinformed Bachman, we have really raised some winners! Maybe Jessy Ventura was right about being an independent! I think President Obama has done a pretty good job considering what Bush left him!

12. Mensch1351

Gold Member

In the only other State that begins with "K"!
    ooh ooh -- don't you know we're not even supposed to "breathe" anything about the Bush mess because "that's all in the past" you know! Well to those who constantly critize people (LIBS of course) for bringing up Bush's disastrous 8 years: What we are now is what we WERE when!
    My God -- we're STILL reeling from all the financial mess Ronald Reagan started in the 1980's!!!!
    And one more thing: I'd like to hear from some conservatives what great "legacy" they think GW contributed to our Great Nation! History WILL be the judge --- not "fair and balanced."

Draft saved Draft deleted