Paying for photo posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterMark

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The new photo posting area (if implemented) will feature the ability to post photos and rate and comment on other members' photos. I need to find out if there is enough interest in paying $1-$2 per month for this feature before I have it built for us. Thank you for your input! ;)

tigerwolf: There really should not be a fee for this. Especially considering there's tons of other hosting sites out there where you can do the same thing for free like ratemyschlong.com etc. If you charge for it, you'll more than likely have very very few people who wish to use the service.

If you do it for free however, you'll likely get quite a bit of traffic with it.

tsctsc: Hey Mark, I notice that the banner ads are missing from the new look.
Did they help defray the cost of the site?
I'm sorry to hear that you are thinking of selling, in that you've done a nice job of running this free site and who knows what would happen with a new owner.
I didn't mind them at all.
To answer your other question, I don't think I would pay to access photos--isn't that what people go to yahoo for?

MisterMark

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Well, it was never clear whether or not the banner ads made any money for me. Most visitors to message boards just ignore the ads. Sure, people can use Yahoo, but there are limitations to what Yahoo can do. I might just try adding a subscription gallery anyway to see what happens, and if that doesn't work, maybe there will be a membership fee to post messages. We'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.