peace out lpsg

baseball99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I just wanted to say thanks to those who have made my time at lpsg fun. I have come to the conclusion lately that I am just not enjoying the site nearly as much as I used to. This post isn't for drama but just to give a general update.

Obviously much of my role here has been discounting anecdotal evidence and personal opinion against evidence based research. The heated debates really didn't bother me much, not cause me much stress or anxiety so that is not why I am choosing to leave. I have just kind of come to the realization that I do spend too much time here and for the most part I feel appreciated by very few.

Beyond all this, my wife and I are heading over seas for some medical missionary work. I know I will enjoy this because I will literally be working with people who have absolutely nothing, in terms of money or medical care. That is the reason I went into medicine, not to debate the neverending circumcision threads. I feel my time can be spent preparing for that greater good so I can make as much of an impact as possible on these people's live's. It seriously is a dream to remove yourself out of all bureaucracy and red tape and truly treat patients without regard for anything else, other than their problems.

People have asked me in threads if I am a nurse, med student, MD, DO, PA, NP and other things. I personally responded in one of my first posts that I was a med student in 2006. I also have had others live with me throughout the year time who are MD's and even DO's and they would read the forum as well under my name and seldomly post. I feel the information they gave was correct which is why I never edited their posts. I ever cared to log off or password protect my computer since these are the type of friends you trust your life with and they know everything about me, including my randomness for getting naked for absolutely no reason. Since then I have moved and no longer live with anyone else other than my wife, dog, lizard, and fish and won't be having others live with me since my wife and I are becoming more settled down. As for me and my background, I have told people who have PM'd me and asked me. If people are really curious I will tell you. I wish for those people who I have PM'd to keep that information to themselves. I am not hiding anything but I do wish to maintain anonymity out of respect for others I work with.

I have also been asked to cover medical perspectives for a sports magazine. I feel my time can be utilized better there, as sports interests me much more than "what race is the biggest" threads. I feel that juggling that, along with the long hours, the medical mission, as well as having a bit of a life for myself and family are very important to me and I need to maintain quality.

If you feel the urge to tear me apart in this thread please have a common and decent respect and resist the urge to, but rather, be a bigger person and send it to my PM. You will prove nothing by insulting in this thread. Also, I know people hate the goodbye threads but I did this more as a general update so I didn't have to PM every single person to let them know, as well as inform others as to what my future plans are. This is not necessarily a goodbye thread since I will still be in and out just nearly not as much. I always hated wondering where someone went when they hadn't posted for a while and felt I would be decent enough to let people know. If you feel the urge to rant about how stupid goodbye threads are then hold back and choose not to respond, you prove nothing more other than you're missing the point of the thread. I'm not going to list everyone who I have enjoyed speaking with on here, even up until recently bc I know i will forget people who i have enjoyed and i dont want to leave anyone out.

Well this is probably long enough. I wish everyone the best. Don't ask medical advice on an anonymous forum but always seek advice from an MD/DO or PA/NP when appropriate. Obviously other medical professionals can answer questions regarding their fields but I can't stress enough how important it is to seek advice from those trained to give it and avoid biased opinions.

I will probably continue to lurk in and out of lpsg and if i have internet access, maybe a bit more

if anyone has any particular questions regarding anything, including me or how this is the "real" baseball, feel free to PM me

peace out everyone

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
Aw man that sucks... well I guess if you feel you have to move on, you should. Thanks for your contributions doc, and I wish you all the best in your efforts accross seas.

Heather LouAnna

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Everyone's so dramatic. Is it really necessary to ake a farewell post? Granted, this particular parting letter is giving praise where it's deserved and shouldn't really be thrown on the pile with the rest of them.

Anyway,
You'll be missing. You'll be back.

fratpack

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Say it ain't so! Will miss you baseball99, have enjoyed your take on so many things here. I can understand and appreciate your newest venture. Best of luck to you and your wife. Just don't be a stranger, you will always be welcomed here. Take care.

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Very sorry to hear that, man. I will miss you and your comments.

Good luck to you and wife. I wish you well in your medical career.

God bless you.

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Jeebuz, everything here has to be such a f'ing performance. Enough with the lectures - so bugger off, already.

I do think this business of several people posting under one novelty name has to stop. If somebody can't get his act together sufficiently to register, then I don't care what the lame excuse is, I can't be bothered with his silly-assed post, either.

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
I find the whole 'others post under my account' scenario to be rather bizarre! I always have, and your not the only one that has claimed such a thing. If this is the 'real' you saying goodbye, how are we to be sure someone else won't return another day under this account and deny that it was the 'real' Baseball99 posting this farewell?

dolf250

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
First off, good luck on your mission. I am positive that you will find it more fulfilling than posting on an anonymous forum. Having said that, thanks for all of your contributions as well as those of your room mates (does it really matter which MD is correcting misinformation under an account Big D?) You sound like you have your life together with a wife and a reason for being. It was good to have been a part of your journey, and I honestly hope the rest of it is all you dream.

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
BB99, I won't say "sorry to see you go" since that would be disingenuous, but I will keep this positive. I learned many things from our circumcision entanglements. You were a tough opponent and that resulted in me sharpening my skills.

I was a "newbie" to Intactivism believe it or not. LPSG was my first foray into a general forum. Because of you, I had to be more focused and more accurate, and had to do that, quickly. Here on out, I will be a better "warrior".

Thank you for your sincere goodbye post. If you had just merely quit we would have been left wondering, as you had mentioned. Best wishes for your career and your marriage.