Pederasty - natural or unnatural

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hotmilf,

I did not say anything about DC being a pedophile. I have a problem with the way he thinks and it is not limited to sex. Naturally I would not want my son to be mentored by him.

So you are telling me that you would allow your 13 y/o son to be mentored by a gay man? Do you not care if your son is gay? Do you want him to be gay? One of the goals of mentoring is in the end, the pupil will be more like the mentor. I am not saying there would be any sex involved, but certainly it will enlighten him to the options he possibly would have never considered.

I have wondered if gay men with kids want their boys to be gay when they grow up.

Good question and a fair one to ask.

I believe that sexual orientation is determined at conception and is dictated by chromosomes. (I have a list of reasons why I believe so, but that's not the topic here.) On the other hand, I also believe that, under a great deal of pressure, one can be brainwashed into an alternate orientation, but it will never sit comfortably with one.

The father of the boy in question IS a homosexual, so the child is already receiving mentoring by a homosexual.

Frankly, I think that homosexuals will do LESS to influence a child's sexuality than a hetero adult counterpart -- especially if that same person has any homophobic tendencies.

The only persons I would NOT trust my son with are a pedophile or someone who HATES homosexuals. (What if my child IS a homosexual, and is paired up with someone who hates them? That would be horrible!)

And why should I care if my child IS a homosexual? Don't they historically take better care of their mothers?!

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So you do not want your son to grow up and be a father and have a family? You should take a course in human sexual biology. Men, even gay men can be fathers. Many use surrogates and buy the eggs, so that the child is part of their gene pool, others choose to adopt. Contrary to what your stupid little mind seems to believe adopted children are real children to those who adopt them. I doubt your honesty. If your son does become gay, you will look back on his past life and upbring and search to see if it was due to some thing you did or your fault in the way you raised him. Again I doubt your honesty.
I can't believe an ignorant, homophobic cretin such as yourself has the audacity to doubt my honesty. Who the heck do you think you are?!?:mad: :confused::eek: My wife takes care of the woman's work, no need for DC to mentor. :smile: So you admit to being so lame and useless a being that you dump the education of your children on your wife. That doesn't surprise me. :rolleyes:

Using American political definitions for this topic pretty much kills any possibility of a serious discussion of the topic. My aren't we snide. :mad: He asked our opinion I gave it. I'm an American, sorry I didn't have a Canadian dictionary available.
The term pedophilia applies to those who are sexually attracted to pre-pubescent children. I am aware of that. 16-17 year olds are not pre-pubescent children, despite American laws.
True, but many are dumber than a box of rocks and have no business having sex with either the same sex or the opposite sex.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I couldn't have cared less if my kids had been gay, as a mother what I wanted for them was happiness not a certain sexuality.

When it comes to paedophilia it's an emotive subject and hard to talk about rationally, but throughout history people have had relationships which we would now consider paedophilic, in Victorian England the age at which girls could marry was 13, in Spain the age of consent for girls is 13 so despite us thinking it unnatural it's probably an entirely natural instinct which is why we need laws to stop it. We live longer now, we don't need to rush into bearing children before we're killed off by some disease, and we can afford to let our kids remain kids for longer.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
I have been sleeping on this, all be it briefly.

The male youth, let's say 16 to 21, holds a special place in our human condition, as attested through our history and art. Those who see the beauty of this special time in a young man's life are pederasts, and I can understand the attraction whether it be purely emotional or physical, whether they be a man or a woman.

They are not paedophiles, because as has been said, the strict term paedophile, refers to pre-pubescents. But with boys reaching puberty over such a wide age range, there is a very grey area when giving a specific age limit. Sixteen is the age of consent for both genders in the UK.

The term you seek is ephebophilia. Ephebophilia and pedophilia are two very different things and have very different bases for attraction.

Pedophilia is not considered normal in most of the world while ephebophilia is.

I have been sleeping on this, all be it briefly.

The male youth, let's say 16 to 21, holds a special place in our human condition, as attested through our history and art. Those who see the beauty of this special time in a young man's life are pederasts, and I can understand the attraction whether it be purely emotional or physical, whether they be a man or a woman.

They are not paedophiles, because as has been said, the strict term paedophile, refers to pre-pubescents. But with boys reaching puberty over such a wide age range, there is a very grey area when giving a specific age limit. Sixteen is the age of consent for both genders in the UK.

B_cigarbabe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Hotmilf,

I did not say anything about DC being a pedophile. I have a problem with the way he thinks and it is not limited to sex. Naturally I would not want my son to be mentored by him.

So you are telling me that you would allow your 13 y/o son to be mentored by a gay man? Do you not care if your son is gay? Do you want him to be gay? One of the goals of mentoring is in the end, the pupil will be more like the mentor. I am not saying there would be any sex involved, but certainly it will enlighten him to the options he possibly would have never considered.

I have wondered if gay men with kids want their boys to be gay when they grow up.

You really are an ignorant asshole. Because a person is gay,they might pass on something that will, make your child,also "gay"?
You obviously believe, being gay or lesbian is a choice,it's not.
Who would choose to have so much hatred and vile spewed at them day in,day out? To be picked on simply because you,look, or act,or seem different.
My family has four boys, and I would be proud to have someone like DC
mentor any one of them ,or any of my "kids". His sexuality is not something he is passing on, but his brilliant mind,love of country, service to country
and his beliefs,that's what he would be passing on. It has nothing to do with whom, he chooses to sleep with.
I would be proud to have him pass on,his beliefs to anyone I know,child and adult alike. I certainly wish, he could pass these traits on to many,especially the ignorant like you. Although you are definately undeserving of his efforts.
My mother is lesbian, and none of us turned out to be lesbian, or gay, in fact before I was informed, I thought I had influenced her,to love women. I suppose if your son was gay,you would also hate him? Truely sad.
I love you DC for all you are.
cigarbabe:saevilw:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The term you seek is ephebophilia. Ephebophilia and pedophilia are two very different things and have very different bases for attraction.

Uhm, I've only been in Georgia 4 months but I am pretty sure acting on ephebophilic feelings is still taboo and probably illegal in New York as well as the rest of the United States. It seems ephebophilic is a word mostly used these days when perverted old men want to have their sex with children & post-pubescent minors legitimized.

Damn my conservative protestant upbringing! I tried to keep an open mind, I really did; but I get the feeling the OP is misleading us and perhaps leaving out pertinent information. It sounds to me like he wants confirmation that it's A-OK to have a sexual & emotional relationship with a young boy. It's not, he is wrong.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media

Absolutely Jason, and given that sixteen is the age of consent here in the UK, being a pederast or ephebophiliac is not illegal, yet we retain dirty conotations with the words. Perhaps this is a case of institutional homophobia.

There is this grey area around puberty, which is not an overnight process. My conclusion thus far is that if they still have acne, it's paedophilia :eek:. I am sure though that parents should still be concerned about the age of their children's partners well after sixteen.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
Damn my conservative protestant upbringing! I tried to keep an open mind, I really did; but I get the feeling the OP is misleading us and perhaps leaving out pertinent information. It sounds to me like he wants confirmation that it's A-OK to have a sexual & emotional relationship with a young boy. It's not, he is wrong.

Absolutely not NJ. I have never had a physical homosexual encounter in my life. I have had an emotional encounter which is the subject of the thread and at the time I was below the then age of consent in my country, so had he done anything, it would have been illegal.

Our culture idolises youth. As a non gay man, I am happy to say why male youths are special. I am sure that many of the gay men here think so too, but it is clearly very taboo to say so, particularly as your age of consent for homosexual sex is at least 18 ? I don't know.

Had my encounter involved any form of sexual connection, I would have a very different attitude to it, as that would have been manipulated in some way against my will as I was already at that time a happily practicing heterosexual.

EDIT - I'd like to add NJ, that a lot more of my friend's mothers showed more than a passing interest in me between 16 and 21 than did gay men.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This would appear to violate the Terms of Service :eek:
You do it repeatedly, then squeal when anyone calls you on it.

Why does your racist, homophobic self stay on this site, other than to troll? I doubt you can point out even one thread you've posted on where you were not trolling in some form or fashion.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
NJQT, The OP wasn't talking about ephebophillia, or pedophilia. He was talking about close, platonic friendships between adolecent boys and grown men. I think the inclusion of the other two things in the discussion 9which were not brought up by the OP) have confused you, and are causing you to read too much into things. I think you have to re-read the thread, particularly the OP's posts.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
rexcasual, snoozan, HazelGod, njqt466, AlteredEgo, and cigarbabe:

Thank you all for your comments, support, and ego strokes! I love ya all! Honestly, I never joined this site trying to get people to like me, and I still really don't care if I'm well-liked or not... but to see that I am respected by such a respectable crew really does me some good! Having the respect of any one of you is worth more than the scorn of a dozen trolls or lunatic fundies.

And back on the subject of pederasty-in-the-non-sexual-sense, mentoring, and the public schools: I taught in public schools for two years. It was a grueling schedule for pitiful pay. Two small districts had a co-op agreement, and I taught 1/2 day (three classes) in each district. None of the classes were duplicates, so I had 6 lesson plans per day.

Even at that, I still made it very clear to all my students (and even some who weren't in my classes) that if they made the effort to show up before school or after school, I would tutor them. I only had 6 take me up on the offer over two years, but it was worth it for me. One of them came up to me near the end of the year and told me she would not have passed algebra without my help. (I was teaching music and fine arts...) So, yeah, I put in a full 9 or 10 hours, every day, in the work place, then went home and graded papers and worked on lesson plans for another 2 to 4 hours.

I wasn't exactly what you would call a mentor, but I tried to make a positive difference in the life of every single student in the school.

Oh... P. S. What a pity my number one fan got banned!

Male Bonding etc

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Except for the baiting and the unfortunate reactions to the baiting, I think this is an important thread, and the posts have been thoughtful and thought provoking.

Perhaps, we should think about how insidious the fear of being perceived as "too interested" in young people has become. In healthy societies the adults are actively and regularly engaged in nurturing the youth. Our fear of that engagement becoming sexual or manifesting itself sexually has curtailed a very natural and necessary aspect of the development of our young people.

Thus, the fear is damaging our society. "The only thing we need fear is fear itself." FDR's quote applies to more than the fear of invaders and facist regimes.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You know, so many people made fun of Ms Clinton regarding her "It Takes A Village," but there really is so much truth to that. And MaleBonding, you are so right about the fear factor.

People like all4show assume that any non-relative who has an interest in our youth has an unhealthy interest. That just is not the case. And with their twisted view of the world, it makes people who just genuinely like helping people reluctant to do so.

The children suffer because of it.

Oh, and the confusion between "pederasty" and "pedophilia" sounds like something from an Emily Litella skit.

What's all this nonsense I keep hearing about violins on TV?