Pee shy - stage feaver

Brendnj

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't have that issue at all, so I'm only speculating here...but I've seen many guys stand there for quite a period of time and shake it like they're trying to work it out. Now if they're asking for attention or suffering from stage fright, I don't know. Otherwise just hold it until you can't possibly stand it anymore? If I'm at a sporting event and have had a few (or several) beers, I'm like a pee machine.

Disco_diesel

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Theoreticly, try tickleing the top of you arse crack! goes back to when we were all monkeys and mothers lick the arse of their young to get them to urinate.... i have tried it (at home) and it did seem to help bring it on quicker!

ManTubeula

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Brosef....I To Suffer From This Ridiculous Crutch....Not Always...
And It Has Nothing To Do With Who Is Around...I'm Stopped Up Sometimes All Alone...

But It Usually Happens When I'm Stoned...
Hope That Doesn't Completely Change The Equation For You...

The Solution Is .........I dunno man...maybe you can help me

Happy Pissing

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
man.... I get so pee shy sometimes....it really pisses me off. I've been to numerous sporting events, and of course like most, enjoy a beer or two. Well, beer runs straight thru me, so I go to the restroom to the urinals, and if there are guys standing next to me I can't pee. I mean I am in pain I need to pee so bad, but I can't. So I end up standing there for like a minute or so, act like I'm peeing and then flush and leave. Have to walk around for awhile (missing the game) until the rest room clears out a bit, go back in and finally pee. I hate this. Its really embarassing when I go to events that have the trough style urinals, and I'm just letting the little guy hang out, really needing to piss, and can't. If anyone has any suggestions as to what to do about this, please do tell

B_josiah852

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I gues that I have stood in the woods or behind the tool shed pissing in front or with so many friends growing up that I have just never thought about it. Then there have been all the times I stoodup in a fishing boat and pissed over the edge into the river or lake in front of other guys, that it just comes natural. One thing to remember: not every guy is gonna look at your cock while you are pissing at the urinal and the one's that do look won't see much because they are trying to look out the corner of their eyes. If that is not what causes your being shy, then try to figure out why it is that you are so shy. It's really no big deal that you are pee shy. It's just something that some guys go through. If you have to use a stall then you have to use a stall. I use one if the line is too long at the urinal and a stall is open. I don't care what others think when I do. But if I use the urinal I stand back just enough so the guy next to me can get a good look. Guess I like other guys to see my cock. Don't worry about your shyness. It's really no big deal.

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
idk what my problem is......i don't care if someone is checking me out....usually with me when i'm at a large event and the bathrooms are full, when i'm standing at the urinals, there is usually a line of men behind me....puts all sorts of pressure on me to do my business quickly and move on

D_Jared Padalicki

Account Disabled
Media
Yes, it's the pressure. Like when I go peeing and my friends come with me, they are quickly done, but I'm not. I don't know what it is, I'm "practising" to pee with other people around and sometimes it works, but sometimes it don't. The best thing that works most of the time is (like Bendnj said before) when I drink a lot (I don't drink alcohol, so it go slower with me) and when I can't wait anymore to pee, I go. But like I said before, that doen't always help and then you have a problem.

bbristow

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i only go to urinals if no one's around.. otherwise i have to go to the stalls.. at uni, if one is unavailable and everyone is taking their time in the stalls i actually look for another restroom.. good thing my bladder's strong enough to hold it in while i go search :)

Big Swinging Dick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
What to do about being pee shy? I want to pee at the urinals, but most of the time when there are other people around, I get pee shy and didn't get to pee. What can I do, are their some tricks?

I see from your gallery pics that you're uncircumcised. That explains it.

In a predominantly circumcised society, it's no surprise that you might get nervous about getting your cock out if it looks different to most.

The only men I knew who are pee shy are also uncircumcised. None of my circumcised friends are pee shy.

squatter01

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hi guys, this is my first post since joining the board; I had planned to lurk a while before I said hello, but this is something I not only suffered from, I've (almost completely) gotten over it. Sorry it's a longish post, I'm not too good at using few words.

I'm gay and tried for 30 years to deny it. Because I wasn't attracted to women and couldn't admit I was attracted to men, what I mostly felt was flawed, or damaged somehow. That whole time I wasn't "a real man" in my mind, and one of the biggest ways that showed itself was in a public restroom.

Mostly it was "Omigod, I can't start peeing, they will all know there's something wrong with me." It wasn't just the pain of needing to go and being unable, it was the humiliation of showing it. I couldn't even go into a stall because "well, that shows them I can't go too, can't let everyone know." A public restroom was an unsafe place, unless I could find one that was empty. And then there was the fear "what if someone comes IN?!"

My point, and I do have one, is that I finally learned that it is safe after all, there are others who have the same problem, and it doesn't make me any less of a man for taking a long time, or even to stop trying for now and come back. Oddly enough, I always assumed a hung man would never have the same problem. One thing this board has done for me already is dispel a lot of the preconceived notions I had about "huge cock = no body or self-image issues". We all have demons, no one gets off free. The big thing is what we do about it.

So...getting beyond pee-shy: there actually is a concept called "systematic desensitization" used for people with phobias, perhaps you could find some ideas here. Instead of the thing that makes you most uncomfortable, say peeing into a trough with guys all around you pissing like racehorses, you start with the first thing you can do that is just outside your comfort level.

So in this case, that might be going into a stall. When I conquered THAT demon, my life improved dramatically. Do that until it enters your comfort zone, and then you can stretch to the next slightly uncomfortable thing; maybe leaving the stall door open. Or find a public restroom that has really good privacy partitions between urinals and take the one farthest away from anyone else. A bathroom with a lot of background noise disguises whether you're splashing away or not, so if "what if they know" is an issue, you can go or not, no one will know or care. Some bars and restaurants have a lot of background music, and pretty dark restrooms as well, one more thing to add to a feeling privacy in public.

You can see where this is going, can't you? As you take small steps to make the situation that is uncomfortable part of your safety zone, you gradually get to a point where it is all safe. Every success you structure for yourself leads to another success. If I find myself becoming too self-aware or tensing up at a urinal, I repeat in my head "you are safe, this is like being home," which also helps distract the mind from "omigod" (see above).

Now for me, a big part of that journey was coming into my own as an out gay man, and being proud that I am a real man after all. For you, is it ever that you feel you stand out for having a large (or small, for that matter) penis, perhaps not in a way that feels good to you? So much of happiness in life seems to have self-pride and self-acceptance as a foundation--in my pee-shy story, it was a textbook case. The other thing: other guys are really paying a LOT less attention to whether you're pissing or not that it feels like.

Bottom line, I am almost always at a point where a public restroom feels like a safe place now...even to the point that if I can't go, it's just an inconvenience, not a traumatic thing. The trough thing is the last one for me to conquer, but I have faith I will.

I hope I haven't rambled too much. Please feel free to PM me if I can share any more offline.

Don

Dave NoCal

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
As Diesel418 suggested, doing math in my head has helped me and having a resource has made me less anxious in anticipation. These days I've gotten to where it's much less of a problem. The biggest problem now is when I have co-workers that I see everyday at the next urinal. So, math and progressive desesitization could help.
Dave

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've been piss shy for most of my life. It pisses me off because I want to be able to go anywhere anytime and not be inhibited. I don't know why I've been this way, but I became aware of it in third grade. I never used the urinals in grade school. In high school, I started getting brave and used the approach below:

i only go to urinals if no one's around.. otherwise i have to go to the stalls.

I'd go to the urinal that was at the far end of the row and found that once I got the flow started at the urinal, I didn't care who was around me. The entire issue was learning to relax enough to release the flow.

When I used a toilet, I always sat down. A year ago, I decided that I wanted to switch it up a bit and pee into a toilet standing up (like most men). I live alone, so it works fine. If I have company, especially women or kids, I sit down because I don't want them to hear the noise. It's a natural process; why am I hung up or embarrassed about it?

Part of my training is to practice releasing the flow more quickly. As it becomes more automatic to release the flow, I'll experiment with using a urinal in a crowded bathroom. Even if it takes a moment to release, I look straight ahead at the wall and tune out everyone else and eventually, nature takes over. It's getting easier, but I still have a way to go.

D_Jared Padalicki

Account Disabled
Media
None of my friends are circumcised, in my country (Belgium) is it rare to do that. Sorry, I don't belive that it has to do with that.

I see from your gallery pics that you're uncircumcised. That explains it.

In a predominantly circumcised society, it's no surprise that you might get nervous about getting your cock out if it looks different to most.

The only men I knew who are pee shy are also uncircumcised. None of my circumcised friends are pee shy.

Adrian69702006

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Being pee shy is by no means uncommon, as others here will no doubt tell you, and there are plenty of guys who suffer in silence, guys for whom using a public toilet is a major sourcec of unwanted anxiety. However it's a problem which stems from the workings of the vmind rather than any pysical cause. The brain is the most powerful organ in the body and we sometimes underestimate its power. I didn't quite understand the connection you seemed to be making though between being pee shy and your sexuality. I'd have thought the two were entirely separate, unrelated issues.

Big Swinging Dick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
None of my friends are circumcised, in my country (Belgium) is it rare to do that. Sorry, I don't belive that it has to do with that.

Then it's something else psychological.

I know that uncircumcised men in a largely circumcised society are more likely to get pee shy.

You don't look under-endowed judging by your pics.

Can you think of some other reason why you would be ashamed of showing your cock? Were you raised in a very puritanical household?

VeeP

Sexy Member
Media
Thinking of something sexual often works for me whenever I'm pee shy. It doesn't involve the environment, though, as I don't find bathroom sex terribly appealing. Doubtless there's some hidden meaning in that. lol :dunno:

D_Jared Padalicki

Account Disabled
Media
It's like I said before: the pressure. I have the feeling that I don't want to be the last person that leaves the toilets. Also when other people has to go, you're in a hush and that don't work either.

Then it's something else psychological.

I know that uncircumcised men in a largely circumcised society are more likely to get pee shy.

You don't look under-endowed judging by your pics.

Can you think of some other reason why you would be ashamed of showing your cock? Were you raised in a very puritanical household?