Pee shy - stage feaver

titanium2x8

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I'm still suffering from bashful bladder syndrome. I agree that it's "pressure to perform" for me, and knowing ahead of time that I won't be able to pee if someone's next to me, it makes it worse. Luckily, I have great bladder capacity. I find that if I wait till I'm almost bursting, I can easily release my bladder and once it's "running", then I'm all set.

Any others out there who routinely will pick a seat in a restaurant in view of the men's room area so that I can figure out when it's empty? Then I will quickly walk to the men's room and quickly start peeing. If someone enters, it usually doesn't matter since I've already "calmed down" and am successfully relieving myself!

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I ride my bike back and forth to work. Thursday night I was about 3 miles from home and knew that I had to make a stop to pee. There was a baseball field coming up and I decided to use the restroom there. There were 2 different games in progress, so I knew that I wouldn't be alone in the mens room. I had to bring my bike into the bathroom, and the only way I could watch it was to use the urinal with the bike right beside me. A guy came in right after me and washed his hands at the sink 2 feet away. I was happily surprised that I was able to release the flow after only 10 seconds with him standing right there.

Pee shyness is something that we can condition ourselves to get over. In my case, I had to convince myself that there was no logical reason for having a problem. It's just a matter of relaxing enough to release the flow.

lowteg

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have to admit I some times have this problem at urinals...nothing to do with size or any thing in my case or been ashamed...

I never have this problem when I am in the corner of the urinal but in the middle with guys next to me..

its pretty awkward when you go up for a piss nothing comes out and you just stand their waiting..waiting...waiting then go and wash your hands and act like you have pissed haha....a few times smart ass guys have even say stuff lol I remember one guy goes bit dry their brother...I was like why are you looking or something along those lines shut him up pretty quick haha

It is defiantly something with you brain thinking it up...usually the best approach is to piss when i am bursting to go that usually works even if their are guys basically squashing into the urinal for space...

B_circin867

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I was very pee shy in Middle and High school. I could not pass a drop even when my bladder was bursting by late afternoon. I used to hold for 9 hours until I got home. I have know a number of high school kids as well as university men who could not piss when anyone was near by, in school, at work, and even at home.

It should be pointed out that an equal number of girls and women are also paruretics. In the ladies rooms, they could not start their peeing if anyone was in the next stall or when other women are waiting to get into their stall.

I suggest that you go to the forum on www.paruresis.org in the UK,
united kingdom paruresis trust and in Australia www.paruresis.org.au/forum
Other forums are in Germany, Italy, and elsewhere.

A definitive book to read is: Steven Soifer, Shy Bladder Syndrome, Your Step-by-Step Guide to Overcoming Paruresis. It is available from www.paruresis.org or from amazon.com

wilseb

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I'm pee shy. I could cry, I really, really hate it.

I read one trick from another thread once, to try and pick a word and spell it backwards. That sometimes helps for me to get the flow going in a stall with a packed room.

By myself, no problem. Drunk / heavily buzzed, I can go to the urinal with no problem. It's when I'm sober. :disappointed:

In high school, I never even tried to use the urinal - always used the stall. I'm 35 and still use the stall (again, unless I'm drunk and have no inhibitions).

It's not a shyness problem, per se. It's like what several others have written, it's a pressure issue. I'm too conscience of people behind me waiting, people around me able to whip it out, pee, and go. Meanwhile I'm looking down at it and in my head, I'm yelling "DAMNIT, PEE!!!!! GO!!! HURRY UP AND PEE!!!" (sigh)

A couple of months ago, I was traveling and was in the Orlando airport. I decided, then and there, I'm going to conquer my fear damn it! So, I guzzled a bottle of water as I was leaving the hotel for the airport. And after I got through security, downed another bottle. That bladder is gonna be full and ready to explode. I figured if I can get near to doing the 'pee pee dance', I could go more easily at the urinal. Nope. I walked in, walked up to the urinal (place was empty, and there were no dividers) and couldn't go. Just me, holding it in my hand, staring at it. After people started coming in, and by that point I've been standing for about two minutes, I'd zip up and walk out. Go to the other side of the concourse and try another bathroom. Did this about three times until I got so *****'ing frustrated that I walked over to a stall, with the door open, and only THEN could I go.

As I'm peeing, I just wanted to cry. I really hate this. :1zhelp:

I'll check out the Paruresis website and see what they have.

Last edited:

carlgordon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I am glad that I am not alone. Going to the restrroom and having to use the unrinals is awful for me. One summer in college, a group of us went on a roadtrip. When we hit the first rest stop, we all went in and I headed into the stall. One of them asked what was up and I just blurted it out over the stall wall. I could pee standing in there talking to them, but I couldn't pee right next to them. One of the other guys said he had the same problem and was using another stall. I felt so much better knowing I wasn't the only one who had this problem.

I still do. But not quite so bad. I can get it to start most times if I just "tune" everyone out. But if it is at a game and there is a line, I don't even bother trying. I can never get the flow to start in that situation.

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This thread resurfaced and I looked back on where I was 2 1/2 years ago. I've made progress. I can piss easily now just about anywhere I go. It's a mind over matter issue. Often I'll leave home with a full bladder just so I'm forced to pee in a public restroom. It's great to be able to start peeing no matter who else might be there. You can beat this. The big challenge will be a trough urinal at a stadium with people waiting. Next time I go to a ball game, I'll check it out.

PreppyPunkRocker

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I see from your gallery pics that you're uncircumcised. That explains it.

In a predominantly circumcised society, it's no surprise that you might get nervous about getting your cock out if it looks different to most.

The only men I knew who are pee shy are also uncircumcised. None of my circumcised friends are pee shy.

Totally not true, I am circumcised and I can NOT pee in front of others. It's always been this way. Circumcision has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with it.

Ionto

Sexy Member
Media
Yes, I was surprised to see that Pieterjoke had a problem there - perhaps it's been solved in the two years passed. Hope so!

I used to have it as a teenager. I solved it by closing my eyes whenever I went to a urinal so I couldn't see anyone beside me, and that worked - on and off for a while, but finally permanently, so I have no problem at all at any urinal.

yatri

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I have this problem of pee shy especially when there is no partition between the urinals. Deespite the fact I desire that someone see my cock.
Over the time, I have realised it is easier for me looking straight and chant some abusive language fast. IT WORKS for me, guys..

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm cut and I still have a problem pissing in public....especially if there are people standing behind me.
That used to be a tough one for me, too. It would happen most often when I went out for Happy Hour. Never failed - I unzip at the urinal and seconds later, some dude would get right behind me all anxious and impatient. It used to make me unable to go, but eventually I ignored any guy behind me and figured that he has to take his turn like everyone else. When I'm done, I'll leave, and he can move up. Fortunately, it doesn't bother me anymore and I pee before I leave the urinal every time.

luvmycock

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
What to do about being pee shy? I want to pee at the urinals, but most of the time when there are other people around, I get pee shy and didn't get to pee. What can I do, are their some tricks?

Pieter I have the same problem. For a while I thought it was only me. The only I could use a urinal was if I was literally about to blow. Otherwise I have to use the stall. I don't know why but I will try some of the tips and tricks and report back

thad

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Being pee shy:
has nothing to do if you are hung, average, or small cock size
has nothing to do if you are gay, str8, or bi
has nothing to do if you are cut or uncut
has nothing to do if you go naked whenever you can or do the towel dance at the gym

International Paruresis Association Home Page to learn more.

Last edited:

CommandoInTheBuff

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
This happens to me a lot, especially if I can hear the next guy peeing.
There are 2 things I do, either clear my mind and whistle (not out loud, just blow out).
OR count out the amount of seconds I've been standing there then zip up and leave (pee later), 7 secs is a good count, but this only works for stalls, not toilets (obviously).

gacody1062

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
What to do about being pee shy? I want to pee at the urinals, but most of the time when there are other people around, I get pee shy and didn't get to pee. What can I do, are their some tricks?

if i looked like you i would not be shy at all. i would show the world and get lucky