pee size lump on my ball

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by rachetspanner, Oct 11, 2011.

1. rachetspanner

rachetspanner New Member

hi i just want some advice i found a pee size lump at the bottom of my right ball a few months ago and have just plucked up the courage to do anything about it , went to my gp last week about it and had my first genital examination since i was a 11 which was better than i thought my gp who is female said she was 99percent sure it was cyst due to me having 2 undecened testicle repair surgury when i was a child ! she put me in to get a testicle scan in my local hospital , i just wondering if anybody knows what is involved in a scan ? thanks

2. randomed

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    just some lube and a device taking pictures. is it really pea size?

3. D_LouisaMayAllcocks

D_LouisaMayAllcocks New Member

More than likely it is an ultrasound using a wand to scan the area which produces an immediate image. Best to rule out anything other than a benign lump. Good for you for getting it checked out.

4. rachetspanner

rachetspanner New Member

about the size of a pee

5. Dave NoCal

Gold Member

Albums:
    Glad you are getting it checked. Don't flake out on the ultrasound appointment as a history of undescended testicle is a risk factor for testicular cancer. In the unlikely event, you want to get on this ASAP!

6. mandoman

Gold Member

I found a lump. It doubled in size in a week. They had the testicle out within 8 days.
    2 days of chemo, and I was fine after. I feel like I dodged a bullet, and forget I am missing one often. No effect on my sex life, or anything.

7. B_Hornaplenty

B_Hornaplenty New Member

I hope the result of your scan confirms that the lump on your testicle is benign, and can be eliminated with simple treatment. Any growth formation on a testicle is serious and is bound to give a man concern.

Four years ago I found a peanut-size lump on my left testicle and I didn't waste any time getting to my urologist for an exam. By the time I got to him the lump had gotten larger. Upon manual examination he told me it was a cyst of the type that collects fluid, and that it should be drained before it gets any larger. I asked how that's done and he said, "I'll penetrate it with a syringe and draw the fluid out." That gave me a shudder, but knowing it had to be done I agreed and my doctor proceeded. At first the pain was minimal but it became excruciating, and my doctor stopped, saying he didn't want to put me through such pain, and he had gotten almost all the fluid out. He suggested I rest there for a while, but the testicle pain remained for a half hour after I left. Anyone who thinks a cystoscopy is painful, I hope you never have to experience what I had.

Good luck with your scan, rachetspanner.

8. I23

I23 New Member

Just to offer a slightly different perspective, I found a slightly smaller than pea size lump on one ball a few years back and got it checked out. The doc couldnt feel it manually but accepted I knew when something had changed in my own balls and so she sent me for an ultrasound. Turned out to be a small varicocele, no biggie apparently. Occasionally it gives me a bit of an ache (it did yesterday for sure!) but that's about it. So don't make yourself sick with worry automatically imagining the worst case scenario like I did. Good on you for getting it checked out.

9. hung

Gold Member

Albums:
    You did right by having a Doctor check it out. The scan should be no problem.

Post the results here if you care to.

Best Wishes for a no problem situation.

10. rachetspanner

rachetspanner New Member

had my ultrasound scan today was nothing to worry about when i seen wot it was like !
    doc said it was just a small cyst nothing that need any action done to it ! talk about relieve !

11. Riven650

Gold Member

Albums:
    Glad to read that. But well done for getting it checked.

12. Mr Ed in Mass

Gold Member

Massachusetts,The most corrupt of the 57 states.
    I'm glad every thing was fine !

13. D_Ukraine_Muhdik

D_Ukraine_Muhdik Account Disabled

Get to urologist. I had the same thing, left nut tho. Had it removed.

14. Riven650

Gold Member

Albums:
    The lump or the testicle?

Draft saved Draft deleted