Media
Norwalk, California, United States of America
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
hmmm i guess one with start with sounding
JT's Stockroom - Sounds, Dilators & Jewelry
For people with a fetish for bizarre old medical paraphernalia, these kits are a find. Each piece is rounded at each end, and they come in a high-quality, zippered dark brown leather case with red velvet lining on the inside.

lineok03

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Urban Dictionary: sounding
Sounding
The practice of inserting plastic or metal 'sounds' (long thin and very smooth objects) into yours or someone elses uretha. Ultimately leads to streching of the uretha so that larger objects (such as a finger) can be inserted in the penis.
Bob had sounded himself so much his girlfriend could shove a tampax IN his cock.
Urban Dictionary: sounding

Go Ask Alice!: "Cock-stuffing"
Dear Alice,

I have started "cock-stuffing" in the past year or so. I use a glass thermometer and insert it into my urethra. I know that this is wildly dangerous — as the glass could break — but I thought it safer as it is manufactured very smoothly.

I know other men who use a variety of implements — pens, markers, tubes, etc., but I have only done it a few times — and it seems that the glass — while not safe as it could break — is safer as it must surely be smoother.

I use my own saliva as a lube — as I am not sure if a personal lubricant — i.e., Wet, KY jelly, or the like, is safe. Not that putting a piece of glass into your urethra is all that safe to start with.

My question — in the end — is personal lube okay to use? Is this a common fetish — I don't do it often — and it doesn't seem to affect me adversely afterwards.

Thank you for any light you can shed on this.

Dear Reader,
Cock-stuffing, or "sounding" as it is called in the S&M community, involves inserting smooth, long, and thin surgical steel rods called "sounds" (hence the name "sounding") into a man's urethra. The two most commonly used "sounds" are the Van Buren, which has a J-shaped curve on the end, and the Dittle, which is straight. Other objects, such as thermometers, may do the trick, but metal sounds are recommended because they are easier to clean and have no chance of breaking when in use. While a glass thermometer may be readily available, the risk of breaking (and leaking harmful mercury) makes this a risky option.

Sounders use lots of lube, so the "sound" can easily slide in on its own (gentle guidance may be necessary; pushing or forcing can cause tearing of the fragile tissue). If you encounter a constriction in the urethra that the "sound" will not pass through (most likely scar tissue), do not try to drive it through. More lube and a narrower sound may be more safe and successful.

Saliva isn't generally recommended as a lubricant because it dries quickly (as you may have discovered already). Also, sugars from the mouth can be found in saliva that may cause urinary tract infections (UTIs). Sugars also can be found in some types of lube, sometimes listed as glycerin in the list of ingredients. Ultimately, a water- or silicone-based, glycerin-free lube with a thin consistency will probably work best for "sounding." Silicone-based lubes are longer lasting, but water-based lubes may have a thinner consistency. However, some people find silicone-based lubes to be a bit harder to clean up. Men find what works by experimenting.

People enjoy using "sounds" for the pleasurable sensations felt while being inserted. They are also popular in the S&M community as a form of power exchange. Some of the curved "sounds" make getting an erection extremely difficult. If a penis starts to become erect, the person inserting the sound must wait until the erection subsides before continuing. Often sounds are locked into place so that a submissive partner cannot get an erection.

The main risks with "sounding" include tearing or cutting the urethra and infection. Anything inserted into the urethra is to be cleaned to reduce the chance of infection. Some discomfort may be felt later if the sound has stretched the urethra. If that happens, people use smaller "sounds." Some men also feel burning when urinating, due to irritation. If the feeling continues for an extended period of time, the urinary tract may have become infected. If this occurs, or if there is blood in the urine, the person needs to see a health care provider. For those who use sounds, being open and honest with the provider is vital, in order to discuss alternatives for avoiding infection if they plan to continue "sounding."

Just because you "don't do it often" doesn't mean you needn't do it safely each time. Leave the thermometers, with the risk of broken glass and mercury poisoning, behind and invest in a "steel" sound. They can be found at some adult toy stores or online.
Alice
Related Q&As
S/M role-playing Ouch! Burning pee! Is this a urinary tract infection (UTI)? Urethritis, or what? Recurring UTI — what can I do? What is lube? Frequent urinary tract infections (UTIs) - Help!

lineok03

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
so how long does it take and how do you leave one in?

not sure and i dont own any. im not into sounding on myself.
;) just a ball stretching ;) ... i'll look up more info and post it on the here.

lineok03

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Urethral sounding - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sounding or urethral sounding is the medical use of probes called sounds to increase the inner diameter of the urethra and to locate obstructions in it. Sounds are also used to stretch the urethra in order to receive piercing.

Information | Stretching the Male Urethra
The best and safest way to slowly stretch the male urethra is to use sounds or dilators. Hegar sounds have been around for a long time and are perfect for the beginner. They usually come in sets and a set contains 8 or nine individual sounds, ranging from a tiny 3mm (less than an eights of an inch) to a whopping 18 mm (.7 inch).

Whichever size suits you, these Hegar sound are not long enough to reach the Prostate, as they are only 8 inches long. Pratt dilators also come usually in sets ranging from about a 1/8 inch to about 9/16 (.55 inch) and are more suitable for the more advanced, because they are 11 inches long and more curved than the Hegar sounds. The extra length and tighter curve mean that they can reach and go past the prostate gland for that extra sensation

A

AM_092

Only if there's something wrong with my bladder and a hot doctor needs to stick a pipe down my dickhole to help me pee.

Mogluver

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Urethral sounding - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sounding or urethral sounding is the medical use of probes called sounds to increase the inner diameter of the urethra and to locate obstructions in it. Sounds are also used to stretch the urethra in order to receive piercing.

Information | Stretching the Male Urethra
The best and safest way to slowly stretch the male urethra is to use sounds or dilators. Hegar sounds have been around for a long time and are perfect for the beginner. They usually come in sets and a set contains 8 or nine individual sounds, ranging from a tiny 3mm (less than an eights of an inch) to a whopping 18 mm (.7 inch).

Whichever size suits you, these Hegar sound are not long enough to reach the Prostate, as they are only 8 inches long. Pratt dilators also come usually in sets ranging from about a 1/8 inch to about 9/16 (.55 inch) and are more suitable for the more advanced, because they are 11 inches long and more curved than the Hegar sounds. The extra length and tighter curve mean that they can reach and go past the prostate gland for that extra sensation

I have a set of Pratt's and one needs to start with very clean instruments. I have a rather large pressure cooker for that purpose, 30 minutes at high pressure and they are very clean, also clean lube. Start with a small one, and let it slide right in, the J curve of the sound enables it to slide through your prostrate and into the bladder. The feeling is very intense and different. By working up to a larger sound the peehole stretches rather easily. I wear a PA and used some of the sounds to act as tapers to do some hole stretching. I have found that in one sounding session the stretching can go up three different sounds. Like a 12, 14, and 16, the next session some days later, start with the 14, then 16 and 18, making the hold larger. The orgasms from sounding are intense after working the sound for 30 minutes or so, and pulling out the sound then jacking.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I find the j shaped ones really uncomfortable unless inserted and withdrawn while soft... And since the sounding sensation makes me rock hard... that is a no go.
I prefer the Hegars, as they are two sizes on either end of the same sound, and they have a gentler curve that better matches the natural curve of my cock. They do not go as deep.

Mogluver's advice is dead on about upsizing within a given session, tho you may have to go a little slower, depending on your physiology.

Sterilization is important... If you don't have an autoclave or pressure cooker ( they push the temperature of live steam over 600 degrees ) at the least clean them in betadine and then alcohol both immediately after and prior to each use.

Denverbearmark

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Cavacide is an excellent disinfectant for sounds, should also make sure your cock and hands are clean, as well as sounds and lube. I use cavacide on my skin--although it is not made for that--but seems to work very well.

Guill

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
How long did you try sounds? It isn't something that happens overnight...think more like years. Using good sounds is probably the best and safest way to go about it since that is what they are designed for.