Pelosi and the Dems get it wrong again

Wyldgusechaz

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Disclaimer: I am a conservative so there is transparency

The Dems have hammered thru a farm bill that will cost the taxpayers (you) $300 billion. Commodity prices for corn, soybeans and wheat are at record levels, some twice as high as only a couple years ago and farm revenues are absolutely sky rocketing as farm incomes have increased 56% in 2 years. 100s of millions of dollars will even go to farmers who have not planted in years, by virtue of their *historical planting average.* BTW a lot of gutless Republicans will vote for this rape of the taxpayer too.

I mentioned this in another post but some of these record commodities costs are due to a bad monetary policy by the Feds and some by the purely stupid *ethanol* boondoggle being rammed down our throats by the junk science dim wit do gooders who see renewable energy as our savior.

Most of this can be found in the only newspaper of journalistic honesty, the Wall Street Journal.

sparky11point5

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Well, pointing fingers at the other side is usually fun, but not often accurate.

I think this is a fairly bipartisan boondoggle, actually. The farm bill is a travesty, but it seems to be about electoral politics for both parties and the big agriculture lobby. Bill Moyers did an outstanding show on the Farm Bill. The main problem is described as the 'direct payments' which have skyrocketed under Republicans since 1994.

I read the Journal too, and I believe it is on record blaming ethanol scheme on big oil and big ag, which are the main beneficiaries. Most environmentalists don't favor ethanol, since it takes more oil to produce and distribute than simply shoving the nearest Osprey directly into the tank of your SUV.

Sparky