Pelosi condemns GOP to room of innocent children

Discussion in 'Politics' started by B_starinvestor, Apr 27, 2009.

1. B_starinvestor

B_starinvestor New Member

In her efforts to sequester future votes for the Democratic Party, Speaker Nancy Pelosi performs political indoctrination on small children by slamming Republicans.

Pelosi takes Q's from kids, hits GOP - First Read - msnbc.com

This is inappropriate and typical of Pelosi. She should stick with discussing her bent and jaded political opinions with other adults.

Engaging in heated political debates with young children is a little over the top.:rolleyes:

2. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

yup -- Pelosi as part of the problem

Dems should be ashamed

more proof, if any be needed, that the left poses the greatest threat to our democratic ideals

3. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    1. This is news?
    2. You guys are grasping at straws.

This is the exact Q&A, without any editing or paraphrasing.

A young boy asked Pelosi: “Why did you join them and not us, and by them I mean the Democrats, and by us I mean the Republicans?” Pelosi responded in good humor. “I am delighted you associate yourself with a political party. I wish more people would and I hope the next generation will take back the Republican Party for the grand old party that it used to be,” she said.

What is wrong with that answer? Should she have gone into greater detail?

Children Control Pelosi Press Conference - Talk Radio News Service

4. Trinity

Trinity New Member

:Thinkingof_:
    Well, she could have answered the question actually posed to her without taking the opportunity to slam the Republican Party in front of children while masquerading her comment as inspiration. :wink:

5. dreamer20

Gold Member

There was no heated political debate. starinvestor how you love to fantasize.:rolleyes:

6. midlifebear

Gold Member

The heat is only the smoldering embers in star's universe where he can't accept the reality that the GOP isn't in power. Yeah, Pelosi really ripped a new one in the GOP, using language that would embarrass a merchant marine. I can hardly wait for his nest "fun fact" of expanded gas.

7. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    "I hope the next generation takes back” what used to really be the “Grand Ol' Party," Pelosi said, turning toward the cameras with a smile.

Yeah, really, star. What a horrible, slanderous thing to say. :rolleyes: As opposed to discussing with all the little children what the Republicans have become: the party of polarization, fear-mongering and the religious right.

8. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

What's with the rug burns on her chin ?

9. Calboner

Gold Member

Albums:
    Anyone who takes that event to "prove" such a conclusion obviously has no use for "proof" in the first place.

10. bdmagee

bdmagee New Member

I've been a registered Republican for just over 22 years now. Usually the first sign that Nancy Pelosi is saying something I disagree with is that her lips are moving...

and I liked her answer. She encouraged participation in the political process. I find myself hoping along with her that the GOP refocuses on many of the reasons why I still indentify myself as a member. I'm agreeing with Nancy Pelosi...the world is about to collapse into a wormhole.:biggrin1:

11. Cowabanga

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I think she hinting of nuking the GOP, she didn't say that, but if you examine the way she blinks and twitches as she speak, it all clearly there, and I think Starvinvestorgator would agree with me! I think this calls for republican policy of premeptive strike, as we know she intend to debate the children on the GOP very soon, and we don't want the molehill story to become a mountain!

12. Cowabanga

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I think it's healthy that Meghan McCain is opening the dialogue of moderate Republican. I don't agree with her 100%, but I respect her and seems smarter than people twice her age in her party! Kudos for breaking into the cast mold and trying to make some badly needed changes.

13. javyn

javyn New Member

Albums:
    Correct me if I'm wrong...but wasn't a keynote speaker at this year's CPAK an 11 year old kid?

I don't recall any outrage about his indoctrination over to the right...

I don't recall any outrage over the long term practice of shoving microphones in childrens' faces at ages as young as 2 trying to turn them into televangelists....

There are plenty of worthwhile issues a conservative should be fuming about. This one is bullshit. Pick a better battle.

#13 javyn, Apr 27, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2009
  14. mikeyh9in

mikeyh9in Active Member

Albums:
    It must be the same kind of "proof" as those weapons of mass destruction Cheney promised we would find... he even tortured people to find that proof.

15. D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

Trinity writes:

Well, she could have answered the question actually posed to her without taking the opportunity to slam the Republican Party in front of children while masquerading her comment as inspiration. :wink:

--------------------

Little boy: Why did you join them and not us?

Nancy: Well, little boy, I could never join a party that has Rush Limbaugh spreading all his vitriolic hate and false facts across the airwaves. Plus, there was that "pre-emptive invasion" thing in 2003 that the last president got us into -- while presenting us congresspersons with carefully-selected, cherry-picked facts - and squashing all criticisms to get us dems to go along.

Little boy: My daddy likes Rush.

Nancy: I'm sure he does, sweetheart. I'm sure he got teabagged at one of the tea parties, too.

Little boy: My daddy says you use too much botox. Daddy says your face doesn't move. My daddy says it's God's Laws before the Constitution.

Nancy: I see Karl Rove is still working his magic and helping to churn out 3rd rate minds for the future GOP.

Little boy: Sarah Palin visited our state in North Carolina in October and we bought the book "Obama Nation".

Nancy: Isn't it a shame your lovely state turned blue this time?

Little boy: My daddy has three guns and we watch Fox News. Bill O'Reilly called you a pinhead.

Nancy: Was this before or after he sexually harassed the girl at Fox and talked about phone sex and vibrators and threesomes and masterbation?

Little boy: Sean Hannity says you're wasting taxpayer money with your 42-seat plane with the stateroom and entertainment center and private bed. We went to his "Let Freedom Ring" concert. He's a great american.

Nancy: It's too bad the morning-after pill wasn't available in your mother's day.

Little boy: We don't believe in birth control.

Nanct: I'm sure you don't.

--------------------

(p.s. I think this would qualify as a more heated exchange than that flimsy little quote you quoted, starman)

16. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

You poor misguided bastards really do have to try and cut this attack shit out.

Haven't your falling polling numbers and membership been enough to convince you that Americans are no longer moved by these irrational hate-fests that you guys keep fostering?

You are only further marginalizing your own party by focusing on the idiocy of your most extreme and fearful members as your 'base'.

I would hate to have a one party system, but you guys are turning the GOP into the equivalent of Ralph Nader or Ross Perot. The fear mongering fringe.

Pelosi doesn't have to say anything but the truth to make your side look like unpatriotic amoral skinflint jackasses.

She just has to accurately list your actions...
    Opposition without any ideas.
    Budgets without any numbers.
    Tacit support of criminal actions and torture.
    Failure to recognize Republican policy has having failed spectacularly.
    Refusal to cooperate with the solutions that have a prayer of helping.

That is not hate speech, fellas...
    That the GOP's Curriculum Vitae

You really ought to sit up and take note of just how badly your shit is playing across the country.

Or relegate yourselves to political insignificance.

17. Calboner

Gold Member

Albums:
    :rofl:

By the way, when I saw the title of this thread, I could make no sense of it. A "room of innocent children" struck me as a bizarre punishment to condemn anyone to.

18. B_starinvestor

B_starinvestor New Member

If you watch the video she coyly smiles and gives the camara a sinister, Madussa-type evil grin.

19. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    How dare she smile in front of children? Has she no decency at all?

20. mikeyh9in

mikeyh9in Active Member

Albums:
    Bbucko...
    But *you* don't understand... it was the way she smiled. Very evil and you can just tell that she wants to fully fund early childhood healthcare ... evil I tell you evil.

Draft saved Draft deleted