Pelosi Considers Rewriting Ethics Rules, Dems Can't Meet High Ethical Standards

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Trinity, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Trinity

Trinity New Member

The Democrats have lost all credibility...

Too many Demcrats getting caught in the web of high ethical standards? Just water down the rules - rewrite the Rules of Ethics so Dems aren't revealed to be corrupt or unethical.

Right Wing News

It's certain you won't read anything that has Right Wing in it so:

TalkingPointsMemo

Pelosi was going to drain the swamp...have the most honest, open, ethical congress in history. :rolleyes:

Well, She'll claim to have that...you know say it, but do exactly the opposite. That is becoming the definition of the Democratic party.

The Hill.com

The unintended consequences were that Democrats were found to be unethical and corrupt.

Get rid of OCE or take the investigative teeth out and Charlie Rangel might be able to not only stay in the House but get his Chairmanship back...:rolleyes:

2. lurker37160

lurker37160 Member

Most gays, like most minorities, will NEVER find anything wrong with the Democratic party. Sad, but true.

3. B_OtterJoq

B_OtterJoq New Member

There's a LOT wrong with the Democratic party. It's just that there's a lot MORE wrong with the Republican party, especially where human rights are concerned.

It's called "the lesser of two evils."

4. fluoro

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I agree completely - and I'm not gay or a minority.

5. TomCat84

Gold Member

Albums:
    So you vote for Middle TN-area Republicans?

6. midlifebear

Gold Member

I happened across Outrage, an HBO documentary on all of the Republican christianists who eschewed (or eschew, for there are still some in office) everything evil about how bad we homosexuals are and how we're going to be exclusively responsible for the downfall of the Nation. From Larry Craig to Florida's governor Christ, it was an all star line up of "we Republicans are holier than everyone", but bunches of us are in the closet. Then, the documentary honestly and directly "outed" a bunch of upstanding men in the Republican Party who have done more to spread lies, hate, and discrimination against gays since Hitler. I was left with the clear impression that to be a Republican, one must embrace hating one's self first and deny one's true nature before running for office representing that party. I submit that the OP of this thread probably falls into a similar category, regardless of how she/he/holy ti thinks she/he/holy it is so special and above reproach. Spread that hate, honey. You're the one who has to eat it.

It was interesting that Outrage interview openly gay Democrats holding office and they seem to have no problem being honest about their lives and who they are.

7. Trinity

Trinity New Member

No one is asking for people to change parties or to start to support the other party. The point is...(and it is sad to have to actually say it)...is wrong is wrong.

What does the Democratic Party stand for anymore? Saying "but the Republicans did it and worse" is not an excuse for becoming what they claimed to most despise.

If a member of your family is wrong...you protect your good family name by coming forward and admitting the mistake and correcting the wrongdoing.

You don't change the rules to suit your bad behavior. Democratic supporters don't have to destroy the Democratic Party...people merely have to hold them accountable to the integrity of the party. If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.

8. lurker37160

lurker37160 Member

I tend to be more conservative than liberal and I vote for the person that I believe will do the best job regardless of party affiliation or sex.

9. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

Thats good news for Barny Frank. He can run his prostitution ring again.

10. midlifebear

Gold Member

Ahhh, Mr. Snakey: Are you certain it was Barney Frank who ran a prostitution ring? Maybe if you post this deluded confection enough times you'll get some folks with tea bags stapled to their sombreros to believe you. However, the facts, as I remember, do no mesh with your view of history. :smile:

11. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    Simply not true....it's best to do your homework before making a remark such as this.

12. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

Good to see you on here my friend. Here is one of many articles about Barney and the prostitution ring that went on in his own house. He first claimed to know nothing about it, other than paying Steve Gobie money for sex. He blamed Gobie for the prostitution ring. I find it very odd this went on in his own house and he knew nothing about it. He just turned a blind eye too it. Are we not responsible for what goes on in our own house? Knowing Barney, he made a good buck off of it.

washingtonpost.com: TV Movie Led to Prostitute's Disclosures

13. TomCat84

Gold Member

Albums:
    You didn't answer my question.

14. TomCat84

Gold Member

Albums:
    Right, and Congress rightly censured him for it. Why are you digging this up?

15. Trinity

Trinity New Member

He made a joke referring to a Dem being able to do the action (that got him censured) without worry because......wait for it....Pelosi is watering down the rules of ethics!

16. TomCat84

Gold Member

Albums:
    The reason that gays tend to always vote for Democrats over Republicans are the parties' respective stances over gay rights. I consider myself a pragmatic liberal, in that I will sometimes vote for a Republican if he/she is liberal enough on gay rights. I absolutely REFUSE to vote for any candidate that is not at least pro civil union/domestic partnership, and I categorically reject any notion that this stance makes me a single issue voter. However, I will concede that it is a bit of a personal litmus test- which is not the same thing as being a single issue voter. I agree with lurker in that a lot of gays (especially the establishment HRC-type gays) tend to give the Democratic Party a free pass on A LOT of things...but I think this is starting to change as a younger generation of gays is brought up. Remember- the Democrats in presidential years only get about 75% of the reported gay vote- which is less of a percentage than African Americans, and about the same as the Jewish vote. If there's ANY group that needs to re-examine its relationship with the Democrats, it's black voters- who routinely give 90% or so to the Dems. As for me- I voted for Kerry in 2004 and Obama in 2008. But I also voted for a Republican for Mayor, and the Green Party in the gubernatorial races that I have been old enough to vote for. My personal representative- Susan Davis (D), is an excellent congresswoman who is pretty liberal, so I'll vote to re-elect her. But, lurker, for a 100% gay man to vote for ANY Republican in TN just astounds me- why would you vote for someone who thinks our kind (gays) are an abomination? Hell, even the Democratic governor is anti gay marriage/civil unions. Don't lecture gays over their vote, and we won't lecture you for voting for anti gay Republicans.

17. TurkeyWithaSunburn

Gold Member

Albums:
    Hooray another anti-Democrat anti-Obama thread, who'd a thunk it?!

I wonder if Pelosi was to run for President who would be her most ardent supporter... :rolleyes:

18. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Funny how there hasn't been a single mention as to how the GOP modified the Ethics Rules back when Tom Delay was the House Majority Leader. Precisely, a rule that would have forced him to resign if he was indicted for criminal acts in his home state. But I guess when that happened, that wasn't supposed to be a sign of weakness or a sign that they couldn't "meet high ethical standards" either. Or was it? I'm not sure anymore... so many people have been spinning so much they can't even form a statement without getting dizzy.

But hey... Democrats are evil, right? That's the only thing that matters until Obama is out of office, right?! Rah, rah, sis boom-bah! Three cheers for political hypocrisy!!! :rolleyes:

Can someone put a fork in this thread already?

19. Trinity

Trinity New Member

This is about Pelosi watering down the ethics rules because of "unintended" consequences for Dems.

Why is it that when Democrats fail to live up to their principles and promises it is turned around and called an anti-Democrat / anti-Obama thread?

It is the Democrats own actions that are anti-themselves because they are destroying their own credibility. :rolleyes:

You know since the title of the thread says "Tom Delay and the Republicans"...wait - it doesn't. And Tom Delay and the Republicans are still in control in Congress...wait - they're not. And Bush is still President...wait - that's not quite right...so uh...yeah...considered it mentioned. As if saying "the Republicans did it and worse" (as I mentioned before) in ANY way absolves Democrats from maintaining their principles, their ethics and doing the right thing. :rolleyes:

20. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Silence, hypocrite. :rolleyes:

Draft saved Draft deleted