Pelosi says birth control will help economy

Discussion in 'Politics' started by faceking, Jan 26, 2009.

1. faceking

faceking Active Member

Albums:
    What a crackpot. Actually, what this is ... is sneaking in a moral agenda under the guise of economic recovery. Unreal. Regardless of WHERE YOU STAND ON THE ISSUE OF birth control... you'd have to agree that there are probably, oh 637 more effective ways to stimulate the economy than to give it to states for birth control?!

She really just destroys her party's image. So many good Democrats stuck with her (and Harry Reid) as their party heads. Imagine if Obama, or Bill Clinton where speaker of the house.... I can't imagine this sorta drivel coming out.

Curious how much Pfizer or whomever donated to her campaign.... that's the only reason I can think of...

PELOSI SAYS BIRTH CONTROL WILL HELP ECONOMY

Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi boldly defended a move to add birth control funding to the new economic "stimulus" package, claiming "contraception will reduce costs to the states and to the federal government."

Pelosi, the mother of 5 children and 6 grandchildren, who once said, "Nothing in my life will ever, ever compare to being a mom," seemed to imply babies are somehow a burden on the treasury.

The revelation came during an exchange Sunday morning on ABC's THIS WEEK.

2. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    Contraception.......the right-wingnut Boogey man..................just tell poor people not to have sex...

3. beretta8

Gold Member

Albums:
    That's right...Just Say No.....it worked with drugs it should work with sex....screw education cuz no one can force you to get educated.....

Will there be instructions with these contraceptives I wonder...?

4. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Faceking: Did you just hear this news on CNN? They just mentioned it 5 minutes ago!

If you don't want to look at the obvious, then how about we tie this news into one of your other pet peeves... Welfare. You, as well as many other people, complain about how a large portion of Americans on Welfare do nothing but sit on their butts, make babies and milk the system out of funds. Well, if adequate Birth Control was available to these people, the amount of baby making could go down significantly. Cutting our nation's needed expenses on Welfare in the process.

I do realize that you're not going to put two and two together and just resort to your typical "libertard" rhetoric. But please, shock the forum and be objective.

5. D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

This country has too many people.

New Rule! - 2 kids per family. Anyone breaking this new law, do not pass go, do not collect $200, GO DIRECTLY TO JAIL. The U.S. population is almost at 306 million. Enough is enough.

Hand out the birth control. In supermarkets, in schools, in airports. Throw condoms around like confetti. I don't want to see this country become like China (which now has almost 1.4 billion residents).

Large populations = Less Social and Political Freedoms

#5 D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse, Jan 26, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2009
  6. faceking

faceking Active Member

Albums:
    Haha, have your laugh... but do you agree that this is one of the best way to use the $$$ to stimulate the economy?

Come on (to borrow from VB) and shock the forum to actually provide productive counterpoint vs. the "drive by" sophomoric quips you seem to only be capable of these days...

It's "libtard" for the record :smile: Want to be clear on the petty namecalling.

Seriously, I see your logic here... but as a stimulus? No way... something like this (for what you state) is for one, so long-term, and more importantly, somewhat subjective. Hell, the conservative pro-counterpoint would be that it reduces single parent children, and restore the family structure... blah blah blah.

My point was more around it being the best use of $$$ for a stimulus package. Short-term it puts some money into the coffers of big-pharma, and that's about it. This pretty much comes down to being a "social earmark"... which will have almost ZERO ripple effect in the economy, providing no magnitude in it's effect.

Pushing it through as a social agenda... is a different matter. I'm pro-birth control anyways. How much the gov't should sponsor it is another debate. But for F'ing Pelosi to have the gumption to slide this into the stimulus package... one of her collegues on her own side of the isle needs to back slap her. Curious if BO will call her out on it.... she probably knows he's too busy to give her the cerebral cock slapping and thusly allowing for some cronyism during such an urgent time.

#6 faceking, Jan 26, 2009
  7. mindseye

Gold Member

Aw, boohoo, boohoo. The party that won 28 governorships, 27 state legislatures, 59 Senate seats, 257 House seats, and 365 electoral votes is in charge.

8. B_24065

B_24065 New Member

This is just another wonderful example as to how mindless and zombie-like kool-aid libs are when it comes to following the swine off the cliff. It doesnt matter if they were gonna spend money on purple underwear as part of the economic stimulus package, you Olbmermites would just go right along, nodding your heads. The fact that you all represent the majority power is scary as shit. The fact is, Obama and the dems are using this as nothing more than a prime opportunity to slam through the agenda they've been wanting for years. And man is it gonna blow up in their face in 2010 and 2012. I cant wait!!!!

9. mindseye

Gold Member

Zombies eat brains, which might explain the quality of your response...

Because, after all, purple underwear was on the national agenda right after ... right after ... darn, where was it again?

Democrats campaigned for reproductive choice, and we're keeping our campaign promises. We didn't exactly campaign for purple underwear.

Olbmermites?

'Cause that last Democratic president, you know, was an economic disaster.

10. SilverTrain

Gold Member

Albums:
    Birth control reduces financial expenditures by government agencies and private institutions (medical care, hospital care, food stamps, etc., etc., etc.). So there would be less of the "spending on the poor people" that certain folks are always carrying on about. Which, I would imagine, at least some people would think is a good thing.

And as to the other point, there's a lot of spending that non-republicans find wasteful, misapplied, unfair, foolish, and/or outrageous. E.g., subsidies to giant corporations, pork to cronies, a healthy portion of the defense budget, the Iraq War.

Perhaps we could let up on the "liberals love to spend" thing, in light of the fact that Reagan and the Bushes have spent the country into unmatched debt over and over again.

11. mindseye

Gold Member

Zero. (source is a PDF)

12. ripsrips

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    And the dumbass amoeba brained peon's come to her defense.

Nice!

Such bitter people are you...

and a PDF is the final word...you "people" are a joke.

I can site a source and you'll say it's wrong ...but when you site one...the seas part..STFU

#12 ripsrips, Jan 26, 2009
  13. mindseye

Gold Member

Did you read the PDF? It's Pfizer's own political disclosure report.

You want to pick a battle over the quality of sources, fine, but your chose poorly where to plant your flag.

14. ripsrips

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    :usa:

Planted it in your ASS...now go live and breath under freedom that it has given you. YPWOS.

#14 ripsrips, Jan 26, 2009
  15. B_starinvestor

B_starinvestor New Member

The inherent problem with this proposition by Pelosi is that those that pro-create, and lean on the system, do so willingly. Birth control - state funded or not - will not alleviate this problem even by 1%.

This is a cultural and psychological phenomenon and there isn't a gov't remedy to fix it.

Throwing birth control pills at this problem would be as effective as throwing budgeting worksheets out to most Americans. Nada. Zilch. Won't do shit.

16. Wyldgusechaz

Wyldgusechaz New Member

You libs are hilarious. More and more, I think you actually never really talk to people face to face, you just text and IM and email and hide yourselves at Starbucks, but never really talk to live human beings.

Birth control is a total smoke screen, pandering to the liberal secularists who are owed favors. Ask any teenager how to prevent pregnancy and they know how to do it. They just don't use it. Their lives are not organized enough to think b/4 fucking. I employ about 15 women and I have as we speak 6 women with fatherless children. (They had sperm donors). I asked point blank did you know about birth control? The answer was 100% yes. They just did not use it. Did they have access to it? Yes. I know you can buy 3 condoms for $2. I see 10-15 people on Medicaid every day. They all have expensive cell phones, Ipods, Iphones, portable playstations you name it. And we are talking the children not the moms. The kids have these toys. Money ain't the issue, personal responsibility is.

The only sure fire way to insure these idiots don't reproduce is to sterilize them.

17. mindseye

Gold Member

Except this isn't about mere pills. Had you quoted a broader excerpt of Speaker Pelosi's remarks, the economic stimulus package includes funding for state Medicaid family planning services currently covered only under a 1115 waiver.

These services also include things like HIV, STD, and cervical cancer screenings, family planning counseling, and neonatal nutritional counseling.

I think it's pretty clear that poor people delivering healthy babies does save money to the state over poor people delivering sickly, malnourished babies. It's just easier for you to oversimplify her position into an easy strawman.

You're asking your employees about their birth control practices? I sure hope you have a good lawyer, you compassionate role model, you.

18. lucky8

Gold Member

Well, if you want to be illiberal about it, statistically, if aimed at the right market segment, it could help the economy a few years down the road, but I'll leave it at that before I get myself banned

19. D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

Wyldgusechaz: "The only sure fire way to insure these idiots don't reproduce is to sterilize them."

------------------------------

Wyldgusechaz, keep talking smack like that and the social conservatives in your party - the ones who hijacked the republican platform - are going to forcibly. bodily kick you out of that "Big Tent" you guys brag about - and slap you into conformity.

Birth control is not part of "God's Plan". Forced sterilization will interfer with God's dictum of going forth, being fruitful and "multiplying".

You're treading on very thin ice, mister! James Dobson from "Focus on the Family" and Tony Perkins from "Family Research Council" are going to have to pay you a little visit. They have ways of dealing with atheists, feminists, gays and dissidents.

20. faceking

faceking Active Member

Albums:

Are you serious? Or are you really 13 yrs old? This has nothing to do with party control...

Draft saved Draft deleted