Pelosi to run for minority leader

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
She has been one of the most effective speaker in generations.

You are joking, right?

Nope. Remember, it was the Senate that demonstrated the massive failures in Congress. Which is why everyone assumed Harry Reid would lose his seat and not vice versa. As for the House, Pelosi was very effective in her role for trying to get legislation passed. She knew how to rally up the votes among her base and keep the party in line. I'd say that's grounds for calling her an effective speaker.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Jesus tapdancing Christ... :no:

The OP could be used as a case study in cognitive dissonance. There's nothing unbelievable about Pelosi running for, nor expecting to be installed as, House Minority Leader. His readily-evident incredulity is a product of his ignorance. All he knows of Pelosi likely comes from whatever media sound bites he's heard...either directly or regurgitated wholesale from those he associates with. The likelihood that he's at all familiar with Pelosi's work through his own analysis is slim to none.

This is the difference between people who know what the fuck they're talking about and those who don't.

For people who are knowledgeable about her work and achievements...such as the members of her Congressional caucus who will be voting on a Minority Leader...I assure you this aspiration is wholly expected and her probability of success is high.

hsarge

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think it is best for the Democrats to put a new face on their House members. The Republicans successfully used Pelosi as a polarizing ultra liberal image. Unfair? Yes. But the perception becomes the reality.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I think it is best for the Democrats to put a new face on their House members. The Republicans successfully used Pelosi as a polarizing ultra liberal image. Unfair? Yes. But the perception becomes the reality.

That could be counteracted if Democrats had some balls and defended their own based on what they actually achieved. Of course, the current batch of Democrats have none (and they lost Feingold & Grayson who definitely had the bigger sets among the party) so I won't hold my breath here. :rolleyes:

HUNGHUGE11X7

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Earth/USA/GA! DEEP IN YOUR THROAT,See vid TO SEE H
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Has this woman lost her mind!?!

Quite the opposite, compared to 90% of the incoming freshmen Congressional Representatives, she's INCREDIBLY SANE !

Why shouldn't she run. Her caucus is far more liberal now, like her, now that the "blue dogs" have been purged. She has been one of the most effective speaker in generations.

Precisely. HALF of the Conservadems are GONE ! Very few progressives got the axe. Actually when you dig deeper into the reality of the House elections, the Gop DID NOT have such a wave as they have proclaimed.

You are joking, right?

FACTS don't lie and if someone watched REAL news outlets they would know the validity in that statement.

Why the fuck is everyone so praising of a STRONG MAN but want to kick a STRONG WOMAN anyway they possibly can ?
You really don't know , then I will educate you !

Men are threatened by them and women are jealous of them.

CLASS OVER !!!

~HH~

D_Sir Fitzwilly Wankheimer III

Experimental Member
Media
Nope. Remember, it was the Senate that demonstrated the massive failures in Congress. Which is why everyone assumed Harry Reid would lose his seat and not vice versa. As for the House, Pelosi was very effective in her role for trying to get legislation passed. She knew how to rally up the votes among her base and keep the party in line. I'd say that's grounds for calling her an effective speaker.

yeah very effective in getting legislation passed that the people didn't want.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

So, are you suggesting that The Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act, Credit Card Reform Bill, The Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act, Hate Crimes Bill, Children's Health Insurance Bill, Student Loan Reform, Edward M. Kennedy Serve America Act, Cash For Clunkers, Veterans Health Care Budget Reform & Transparency Act, Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2010, Caregivers & Veterans Omnibus Health Services Act were not wanted by anyone? Or are you talking out of your rear again because you do that a lot around here?

And to think... I didn't even have to mention the Stimulus, Wall Street Reform or that damned Health Care Reform to discredit you. Oops! :rolleyes:

swordfishME

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight

This is whqt I meant by asking if the woman has lost her mind. If the democrats should have learned anything from this electoral defeat is that they need to move to the center to appeal to the more centrist and independent voters. Keeping their ultra-liberal leader in charge does not send that message.

Clinton was so successful because he learned to govern the country from the center. Obama needs to do the same if he wants to be re-elected. Congressional democrats need to move to the center to make themselves more viable in 2012. Being the polar-opposite of the tea party is not going to win them any majorities.

B_RedDude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The Speaker is my congresswoman (and she's really not THAT liberal).

But the disdainful used nickname "Pearls Pelosi" cracks me up.

I've also seen her referred to as the Wicked Witch of the West and Cruella DeVille.

hey, and doesn't she have a cool name

"Nancy Pelosi" - sounds like a 20s horror film star.

Last edited:

SpeedoMike

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The Speaker is my congresswoman (and she's really not THAT liberal).

But the disdainful used nickname "Pearls Pelosi" cracks me up.

I've also seen her referred to as the Wicked Witch of the West and Cruella DeVille.
how about Madam, as in the madam of the whore house?

regardless of anything else, she's gotta be pissed that her personal-use military Boeing 757 won't be hauling her ass for free to San Francisco any longer. now she'll start having to buy tickets like everybody else. :nana:

HUNGHUGE11X7

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Earth/USA/GA! DEEP IN YOUR THROAT,See vid TO SEE H
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight

You are joking, right?

I DO HOPE you're not allergic to facts, cause I have some for ya !

She has passed under her leadership over 400 bills in the HOR that the Senate has not taken up.

Among the ones she did pass to the Senate and later became law are :

The Lily Ledbetter fair pay act
Credit Card reform
Student loan reform
Stimulus (saved or created 2M+ jobs)
Wall Street reform (FIN-REG)
Consumer Financial Protection Agency
Cash for clunkers
CHIP expansion ( Children's Health insurance)
Auto Industry Bail out - SAVING BIG AUTO
Expanding VA benefits
Land Conservation act
HATE CRIMES prevention Act
TAX CUTS (biggest in 50 yrs)
HEALTH CARE REFORM .

There is much more too but these are the monumental accomplishments ALL b/c of Speaker Pelosi and her incredible leadership

#Scratching Yet# ?

So in your assessment ALL these things she did should be thrown out and you think everyone agrees with you ?

~HH~

Last edited:

D_kkv06awr

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I am ecstatic over Nancy Pelosi continuing in her role as the leader of the Democrats- we will save so much money on ads because we won't have to recreate them! She is incredibly effective in advancing liberal policies- which is great if you are a liberal Democrat. But to moderates and independents, like those in my home state of Florida, she is reviled and hated. Recent history has held that after an electoral defeat you step aside and allow your party to "rebrand" itself with a new leader. She is way too egotistical to do this, and doing so will cost the Democrats a majority because of her polarization of moderates. They would be much better off with Steny Hoyer as leader.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Actually, despite the"quaint" and "old fashioned" ways of Florida, Pelosi will be an excellent minority leader of the House. She has been the most effective House leader in decades. Even the Newt Who Stole Christmas wasn't even marginally close to getting shit done during his stewardship, that is: getting things passed, and keeping his party on track as successfully as Pelosi has.

It's obvious that we don't have Republicans or real Conservatives commenting in the politics forum. Instead, we just have FAUX Not The News acolytes and Plush Rush worshippers. Oh, and then there's that one guy who posts who, (despite insisting he has an "MBA"), cannot spell his way out of Candyland. I've long given up extending him the charity that maybe his cognitive impairments are due to too many years of steroids. He's just plain poorly educated to the point of being way stupid.

Thanks, Hazelgod, for calling out the weak-minded dull sheep.

Last edited: