Pelosi uses Ted Kennedy's death to promote agenda

Discussion in 'Politics' started by B_starinvestor, Feb 7, 2010.

1. B_starinvestor

B_starinvestor New Member

Nancy Pelosi has once again outdone herself by reincarnating Ted Kennedy with a message from beyond the grave in which the spirit of Ted Kennedy is pleading with Americans to pass the healthcare bill.

Pelosi: ‘We Will Pass Health Insurance Reform’ - Prescriptions Blog - NYTimes.com

Pelosi has crossed the line many times. She has used lies, fabrications, and outright deceptions to promote anything and everything on the Democratic Agenda. Trying to resurrect a deceased senator with a message from above is, sadly, not outside of her arsenal of trickery.

Why is it that this sniveling bitch can't address the reasons for the failure of the healthcare bill? Why can't she acknowledge that the bill was an overporked handjob to the insurance companies that actually would cost most Americans more money than present costs, and with a bloated, ineffective government run pile of excrement?

Pelosi is the most embarrassing product of the U.S. election system in my lifetime - without question. If she would actually do her job and work on getting a decent, workable healthcare bill instead of blathering to the masses with tales of ghosts, something might get accomplished.

But that will never happen.

For all of us that are frustrated with the failure of healthcare reform, we need look no further than Nancy Pelosi - who I believe is personally responsible for the failure of healthcare reform - and it will go down in history as such.

She is 100% responsible for the failure of healthcare reform; and her twisted, lying publicity circus will continue to alienate the American public in a way that will make it impossible to pass anything.

2. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

3. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    what she said:
    “In a letter to President Obama, Senator Ted Kennedy wrote about the need for health care reform,” Ms. Pelosi said. “He said what we face is, above all, a moral issue. At stake are not just the principles, the details of the policy, but the fundamental principles of social justice and the character of our country. With Senator Kennedy as our inspiration, with the leadership of President Barack Obama and with your help, we will pass health insurance reform this year.”

I didn't realize you couldn't quote deceased politicians from your own party. How long did it take you to think up this post. It's title is about Ted Kennedy which you mention and link in the first 2 lines. The rest is a senseless rant about Nancy Pelosi.

4. Onslow

Gold Member

First, she is not 100% responsible for the collapse of the healthcare reform, there's plenty of blame to go around and on both sides of the aisle and in both the houses.

Second I see nothing wrong in referencing the late Senator. He was a fighter to the end for healthcare reform and his hand was involved in many of the positive things which led to the crafting of what the Democrats are pushing forward and will be a part of whatever system we end up with. To ignore a man dead less than a year would be wrong and it is only fitting and proper to be reminded of how much this issue meant to Senator Kennedy~~~and at least at one time, to all Americans.

5. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

What Onslow said...
    Besides, last time I checked, the House passed a version of the Health Care bill that was more popular with the American people and also included a public option. The people to blame for the most recent problems are the obstructionists in the Senate. The bill has yet to fail as it looks as if Obama is considering reconciliation to combine the bills, and 5 Democrats are already pushing to add the Public Option back.

Please tell me you don't know who's who in each Legislative Branch starimposter? Then again, I wouldn't expect a blind neoconservitard to know anything beyond ones and zeros. :rolleyes:

6. B_starinvestor

Haha. Good one.

I guess you inferred from the OP that no one is ever allowed to mention a dead person for any reason.

You would.

Pelosi is attempting to hoodwink the nation by using misleading data and propoganda from a dead senator to pass a bill that does anything but reform healthcare.

Why can't you just address the issue of Pelosi and/or healthcare? You just like to throw stones and bicker from the peanut gallery and make everything a partisan fight.

I know that you love Pelosi and are proud of her and Harry Reid. I apologize for condemning one of your heroes, but its about time you starting acting like an adult and looking at the issues instead of playing childish games day in and day out.

These are serious times with long-ranging consequences for us as well as future generations. While you are parading around, beating your chest for Nancy Pelosi, some of us are trying to get things done and move society in a positive direction.

7. maxcok

Gold Member

At least you didn't say down below. You must be softening.

8. maxcok

Gold Member

Maybe we could give it one of them cvics illetteracy tests?

9. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Politicians refer to the dead all of the time. Even you do it with your constant referendum to our Founding Fathers when you wanted the panty bomber to be tried as an enemy combatant instead in civilian court.

If you're going to get on Pelosi, also get on Scott Brown as well. If not, admit that you're a hypocrite or shut up.

Already did... check out my response to Onslow. :rolleyes:
    Thank you for letting us know that you can't read. :rolleyes:

It's time you stopped making blind assumptions and learn how to read. Never once did I mention Pelosi or Reid. YOU did. Eat a dick.

You're trying to tell me this, meanwhile you're sitting here, as the fuckin' hypocrite that you are, trying to make another attack thread on Nancy Pelosi for referring to Ted Kennedy when Republicans Scott Brown, John McCain and many other Republicans have made public statements that referred to either Ted Kennedy or even John F Kennedy within the last year. Where was your outrage there? Or are you excusing them because they're Republican? Yeah, we know you are. STFU.

You're already calling Health Care a "failed bill" when it's on the cusp of entering reconciliation. If you're truly uneducated on the process, be an adult and ask questions before opening your hole. Keep spreading your distorted, partisan nonsense and I'll be here to point out your bullshit.

A waste of paper, my friend... He'd probably fill out the multiple choice in a pattern that looks like a Confederate Flag. :biggrin:

#9 B_VinylBoy, Feb 7, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2010
  10. B_starinvestor

Is this your backhanded way of defending Pelosi, too?

Let's get to the point. She is a reckless, disruptive force of government that has inflicted great damage to the Democratic agenda and crippled many hopes of the President.

What are your thoughts on Pelosi, Max??

You can run; but you can't hide.:cool:

11. midlifebear

Gold Member

Stardepression: Get's some help. Please! You're making up non issues. That's a sign of madness.

12. maxcok

Gold Member

I think she's a ball busting bitch who keeps her cool, and I love her for that. And she blinks too much.

Now that's ironic, coming from you. And you know how much I love irony. Please wake me up when you say anything of substance, or anything that isn't completely insane.

13. ZOS23xy

Gold Member

Albums:
    So Pelosi uses Ted Kennedy's name to promote health care...?

So what's the problem? TK was trying to do the same before he died.

Another non issue from Star Investor.

14. maxcok

Gold Member

Well, at least it's getting the attention it so desperately craves. Probly dreaming up its next crazy thread right now. Maybe one about secret Reptublinazitards in the Democratic party.

15. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

probably because the American electorate was outbid by the health insurers

16. B_starinvestor

that's sad. Truly. You love Nancy Pelosi - that is embarrassing to mankind. It is indisputable that she is a nutcase, and you love her. Says a lot. And somehow you have the audacity/hypocrisy to speak poorly of Sarah Palin. They are no different - only that Palin isn't in a position to create/design legislation.

Oh, the healthcare bill issue isn't of any substance?

Interesting. You and the rest of the libs on this site should all hold hands and sing Kumbaya together.

Be in complete agreement.

17. ZOS23xy

Gold Member

Albums:
    Palin would be in some sort of position to create health care--if she had not resigned as governor of Alaska.

18. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

:biglaugh: :yup:

19. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Wouldn't you like for that to be the case?
    Then, all of your sweeping generalizations about "libs" would have some kind of substance. Too bad they don't because the liberals & progressives on this board know how to think for themselves.

But hey, at least NickySixxy agrees with you. Perhaps you can move in with him and be very close chums? I mean, I know it must be very lonely for a closeted homosexual who's only out in numerical form on a penis site under strict anonymity. You'd be a perfect match!

#19 B_VinylBoy, Feb 7, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2010
  20. B_starinvestor

Really? Governors can now shape federal legislation?

That would be a neat trick.

Draft saved Draft deleted