Pelosi's $500 billion stimulus package

Discussion in 'Politics' started by B_starinvestor, Nov 12, 2008.

1. B_starinvestor

B_starinvestor New Member

Merry Christmas liberal Democrats!! Nancy Pelosi's $500 billion pre-Christmas stimulus package is just the medicine we need! Pork includes Santa in a Learjet and official U.S. bankruptcy paperwork compliments of Pelosi and friends.

Stock up on food, supplies and propane. That's my advice.

2. D_Fiona_Farvel

D_Fiona_Farvel Account Disabled

Following the same stale tack?

3. B_starinvestor

4. lucky8

Gold Member

I'll take my handout. If only Bush's would have been bigger, it may have actually made an impact...

5. Garth33

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I could use a paid deluxo SPA-WEEKEND/"business meeting" like the AIG douchebags took at taxpayer expense...WHY NOT?

WAIT - Here's a thought...The new administration should just give EVERY US Citizen a Million Dollars (yes 1 MMIIILLLIONNN DOLLARS!) - seriously! what would that cost? 300 MILLION instead of 500-700 BILLION? I'd guess that would stimulate the economy AND help legitimate companies out of a slump and the greedy CEO bastards that took advantage of Republican de-regulation and expect to get a 50 million dollars for driving their Company into the ground can go to hell!*

(* - sorry guys - I really hate the "politics" forum yet like a gruesome traffic accident - I can NOT look away...anyway...RANT OVER!)

6. uniqueusername

Nice try, but that would cost 300 TRILLION dollars.

7. Garth33

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    sorry - I flunked math...but isn't that about what we'll end up spending in Iraq and Afghanistan before it's all over? (REALLY OVER!) What did the average US citizen get out of that mess...minimal security but really it was mostly about enriching corrupt US contractors who had no problem raping their own country for pure profit...Halliburton...Blackwater...they're no better in my estimation than the Wall Street douchebags who took advantage and are now asking to be "bailed" out by the same system they took advantage of. IT HAS TO STOP SOMEWHERE! (just saying)

8. B_Morning_Glory

B_Morning_Glory New Member

yeah he was kind of small i hear lol. but seriously what could the $300. buy with $4.16 a gall. gas and food prices the way they are. also when most got them they probably had $ 200 or $ 300. past due electric or heating bill to pay so how was that helping the economy? bush was just trying to buy votes for McSAINE. hubby said he [ bushy boy ] wasn't going to get many votes for republicans so he wasn't going to give a very big stimulus. and he was right . so far i have heard that OBAMA will be $ 1200 for the elderly and $ 2400 for family's. i fall in the 2400 category tax wise so guess we shall see what happens. if it takes as long to get to my mail box as the last check did i will be retired and get beat out of $1200 LOL. i am like most, so far behind in bills and such $2400 would be like trying to pay everything with $2.40 cents LOL. but yes i will take it just the same if offered.

#8 B_Morning_Glory, Nov 13, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2008
  9. houtx48

Gold Member

what happened to we're spending out grandchildrens money......barrow and spend repbs and tax and spend demos what's the difference?

10. D_Marazion Analdouche

Minimal security? Really?

I try to stay as level headed as possible in these forums. However blind statements like that when people really do not know what they are talking about gets me pissed off.

If you think that Afghanistan got us nothing I suggest you go down to your local recruiter, raise your right hand, sign up and go look for yourself. I'm tired of people thinking that it hasn't done anything. 9/11 happened, there are bad people out there that don't like us.

Let me ask you this, after 9/11 do you think we should have done nothing? Maybe sent them a letter asking why they were upset? Or perhaps just blow it off to a bunch of people being cranky because they live caves and have sand in uncomfortable places?

Iraq I agree with, the timing was horrible. However, there are tactical reasons for going into Iraq, that go beyond "making companies rich".

11. slurper_la

Gold Member

Albums:
    this is not Pelosi's $500 billion plan it's the Bush Administration's $700 billion dollar plan.

And don't try to pull the wool over anyone's eyes, the Bush robber gang tried to get at our money with No oversight, No questions and NO recourse.

The democrats said NO! They approved a bailout plan but only if it is doled out slowly ($250 billion at a time) with an oversight panel to approve each stage.

The republicans voted against this because they wanted their pal Paulsen to get his way.

This is the worst October surprise ever. If Bush hasn't ruined this country enough, he's now pulled off the worst bank heist in history.

12. B_starinvestor

:welcome:

Ah, Pelosi is proposing a $500 billion stimulus package. That's over and above the $700 billion bailout.

13. houtx48

Gold Member

i dislike Nancy almost as much as i dislike W................the sooner they are both out of there the better and Harry needs to hitch a ride with one of them.

14. 1BiGG1

Gold Member

It would have done nothing in the form of averting the current situation.

15. faceking

faceking Active Member

Albums:

dude... have you bought a newspaper more recent than a month old? seriously. this a Democrat union-backing move. you can't have it both ways.

course my guess is you will blame Bush for anything/everything Obama sucks at. so not sure the point of you bother replying.

and PLEASE... I'm dying to hear, how Bush ruined the Union-choking major US automakers. THIS i HAVE to hear....

16. faceking

faceking Active Member

Albums:
    Too phucking funny... typical pillow-biting liberal Orwellian fucking spin...

remove free speech = fairness doctrine
    bailout/subsidized auto-maker unions = stimulus
    shit on christianity = equal rights for all
    disposing of unborn children = women's right to choose

When will they call a spade a spade? (don't answer that)

Draft saved Draft deleted