penguin suits and the package revisited

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK, Apr 21, 2005.

1. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

Awright, so I recently heard of my dear sister's engagement, and immediately thought of renewing my old tux fitting for the eventual nupts. When I went for my preliminary fitting, the tailor said she'd have to custom modify the crotch for my extra girth.

anyone else ever need to modify the crotch in their pants, penguin suits or otherwise?

2. blackwood

blackwood New Member

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK,

Anytime you are wearing "non-stretch" fabric trousers, as you would find in a quality tux, and your "rigging" as described "MASSIVE" custom work is probably necessary.

I wore tailor made uniforms (whites and blues) for years while in the "Guard".

The fittings always produced some sort of casual reference to size. Some shakey hands.

blackwood

3. Bananaman

Bananaman New Member

Only worn a tux a couple of times in my life, and rented one both times. I swore, after the second time, that if I ever had to wear one again I'd have it custom tailored. That second time the pants were a lousy fit & I spent a day being both uncomfortable & embarassed.

As to other pants, I learned a long time ago to buy 'em a bit loose. There's nothing like ballroom....

B-man

4. Awesum9

Awesum9 New Member

Albums:

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK,

Anytime you are wearing "non-stretch" fabric trousers, as you would find in a quality tux, and your "rigging" as described "MASSIVE" custom work is probably necessary.

I wore tailor made uniforms (whites and blues) for years while in the "Guard".

The fittings always produced some sort of casual reference to size. Some shakey hands.

blackwood
    [post=302869]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]

5. Awesum9

Awesum9 New Member

Albums:
    Any good tailor when fitting quality trousers or suits will almost always ask what side do you "hang on".

6. KinkGuy

Gold Member

Usually they refer to it as "dressing left" or "dressing right."

7. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

I do actually own a tux. The rentals usually have side adjustment mechanisms, in which case you can rent pants a little roomier, then cinch the waist a bit. If you own the tux, and if it is tight through the seat, there often is not much you can do. If it is not tight through the seat, it should not be much of a problem to fit/tailor it around the entire pelvic area. Any good tailor should be able to do it. One last thing - a tuxedo is properly worn with underwear that gives good support (not boxers) but is not too tight.

8. italianhunglikeastallion

italianhunglikeastallion Active Member

Albums:
    i have 3 tuxes cause bein a big italian family we always have weddins ta go to and 2 have been let out in the crotch but the other one really puts my package on display its white too so u can pretty much my dick an my nuts but i usually just wear that one ta prom

9. dickbulge

dickbulge New Member

Isn't that a scene from the Godfather ?

10. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Uh, ihlas,

Cousin, you really need to work on using the spell check, and work on your sentence structure there, dude. Because I could just barely make out the 1st line of your post.

11. bigtwin

bigtwin Member

Albums:
    The lesson is to find a tailor you like/are comfortalbe with and he'll take care of you. I have a regular guy who routinely fits my dress pants and suits. I don't own a tux but have rented them for one off affairs like weddings without much trouble. For my own wedding, the pants were dark colored and I wore a long coat.

12. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

I'm still a bit confused here. Tuxedos should never fit tightly around the waist, through the seat, or around the thighs. It is hard for me to imagine, even with some of the massively endowed fellows, that a properly sized tuxedo should be that difficult to tailor. I have owned a tuxedo since my freshman year in college (1979), have worn it regularly since that time, and replaced it once (as my body type changed in my late 20s). My current tux fits beautifully. After reading some of these posts, I did an experiment. I put on a pair of briefs, put two softballs and an 8-inch "toy" into the crotch, and tried on my tux. There was not a problem. If any of you are wondering what size tux I wear, the jacket is 46 long, the pants are 34x36. The pants were actually purchased as 36x36, and taken in a bit in the waist, so that the other areas fit properly. And yes, I did have to pay a bit extra to exchange the pants that came with the jacket, but if you are going to make that kind of investment, might as well do it right.

13. B_RoysToy

B_RoysToy New Member

Owing a tux is required for singing in the Memphis Symphony Chorus so I have had mine for 11 years, yeah, the same one. I don't enjoy wearing the pants and do wear briefs with them, showing a rounded bulge which doesn't cause me any embarrassment at all. As long as there's no length or head evident, I have no problem in any pants I wear.

14. db03

db03 Member

Why dont you just buy a new pair???

15. B_RoysToy

B_RoysToy New Member

In the 11 years, they have been worn very few times (maybe 40) and appear as they did at purchase. The need for replacement hasn't occurred to me, db, but it has now :grr:

16. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Well, as luck'd have it, i just ante upped an extra wad cash for a brand spanking new one, since the alterations would've drove me batty! hell was worth it, even tho the tailor still mentioned my slight adjustment to the crotch.

And plus, I just took the damn thing out of the old bag, and three very healthy looking moths flittered away. That was a real long time ago, when I had it last on, when I took my gf to her HS reunion.
    but it was worth it; i'll get some pics after my sis's wedding to all you. won't be for a year, but i promise to get some.

17. Chicago_Swimmer

Chicago_Swimmer New Member

Albums:
    A previous post was right. Tux pants are supposed to be loose as are all slacks. The real issue is the cut/design of the pants. I have a Hugo Boss suit that is cut very nicely and I look very discreet. Another suit I own though is downright obscene. It just drapes around my bulge leaving nothing to the imagination and no amount of tailoring seemed to help.

Again, it is the cut/design of the pant not just "is there extra room there".

Can anyone offer brands of suits or pants that are designed well for larger men?

18. BruceSter

BruceSter New Member

I have never really been a friend of suits, and thanks god, my job doesn't require any. But on the few occasions every year when I need to wear a suit, I prefer a combo of khaki or beige slacks, white/light blue shirt and blue blazer. Actually my bulge comes most decent with the light-colored pants, it's visible, but it could still be just a crease. However, don't hope anyone thinks it's just a crease (ego boy I am).

Bruce

19. B_RoysToy

B_RoysToy New Member

Spoken like a true Mikesonian. BTW, I bet you're enjoying your peace of mind on Sunday nights with your lady, since the desperate ones aren't airing now.

Luke

20. BruceSter

BruceSter New Member

Spoken like a true Mikesonian. BTW, I bet you're enjoying your peace of mind on Sunday nights with your lady, since the desperate ones aren't airing now.

Luke
    [post=320150]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]

Help me out on that one - Mikesonian?

We always enjoyed the sunday nights, since I VCRed the Desperate episodes at home and watched them when I came home later.

Bruce

Draft saved Draft deleted