Penile bacteria and circumcision

Big Al

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Courtesy of Altpenis

Circumcision, which substantially lowers HIV risk in men, also dramatically changes the bacterial communities of the penis, according to a new study in the journal PLoS ONE. The findings could lead to new non-surgical HIV preventative strategies for the estimated 70 percent of men worldwide who, because of religious, cultural or financial barriers, are not likely to become circumcised.

Article continued here

(As per the forum rules)

gymfresh

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

Obvious tipoff that the story comes from the same loony fringe that brought us the African studies and all the hand-wringing about Medicaid:

"the estimated 70 percent of men worldwide who, because of religious, cultural or financial barriers, are not likely to become circumcised."

Who but the circumfetishists imagines a world where everyone would be circumcised but for "barriers"? These guys have been steeped in their own fantasy shit for too long.

By the way, as per the forum rules the original post above adds nothing new to the thread that's already being discussed here. It wouldn't take much of a search to have found it; it's still current. Time to close this thread.

Sergeant_Torpedo

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
the research and the scientists which produced this paper have long been exposed as a right wing fundamentalist Christian sext. No learned medical journal touched it with a bargepole. Keep your dick clean and there will be no harmful bacteria; indeed foreskin does protect the delicat glans penis in many ways.
Circumcision is a cultural tradition or body modification choice.

mandoman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Sorry to disillusion, but the piece was picked up by Scientific American, of all journals!
When they invent a vagina without bacteria, I'll consider circumcision. Yeah, right.
Man, how do all those Europeans, South Americans, Australians, Asians, and Canadians manage to live healthy lives?

Big Al

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Obvious tipoff that the story comes from the same loony fringe that brought us the African studies and all the hand-wringing about Medicaid...

I'm not a part of any "fringe"- I thought it would be interesting to show this author's opinion. It wasn't my intention to invoke attacks, nor am I a part of any of the organizations you're mentioning.

gymfresh

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Big Al, the comment wasn't directed at you. It referred to the brainwashed nutjob(s) that wrote about "barriers" to circumcision. There is a whole cadre of circumcised, middle-aged researchers and journalists who are pushing a circumcision agenda for all they're worth. It's the same old tired crew over and over again. They use expressions in their studies (sic) like "boys and men who lack circumcision", "parents who fail to have their sons circumcised" and the "stigma of having a foreskin". What unscientific, judgmental crap.

Personally, I think no one with a personal or vested interest should be passing themselves off as an unbiased scientific or journalistic source about circumcision (again, not referring to you). If your religion demands circumcision or you're missing half your dickskin yourself, married to a circumcised man, or half-crazy about being uncut because you grew up in a circumcising (usually English-speaking) culture, then please recuse yourself from opining in a professional journal. At the very minimum, such personal connections to this controversial body mod surgery should have to be disclosed right up front.

Sergeant_Torpedo

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No one has attacked you; they have (quite rightly) challenged you. I respect the opinions of people of goodwill, but it is a duty of all to expose spurious research.

bav4

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Peoples mouths are full of more bacteria than their foreskinss. I suggest every pathogenphobe quit skicking their tongues or dicks into other people mouths.

And lets not forget about the anus .....

Reg

Superior Member
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
For 10’s of thousands of years men were not circumcised. Now it is fairly common, either by religious reasons or parental choice. Many times later in life due to health issues. If you want to restore then restore, but enough of this thread over and over and over again....