Penile cyst

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by 95LSv, Apr 7, 2009.

1. 95LSv

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I recently discovered a cyst about halfway down on my penis shaft. It's only slightly noticeable when hard. From what I've been reading, supposedly these are pretty common among males... So if thats the case how come I haven't heard anyone else talk about it? Does anyone else have on here have them?

2. karldergrosse

Gold Member

It's hard to tell just what you're referring to, 95. Do you mean a sebaceous cyst--i.e., a clogged oil pore?...if so, they are harmless and easily removed surgically. Solid? Filled with fluid? Color? Shape? Texture? Size? A very small white "grain" in the skin itself? (though those usually come in larger numbers). On the flesh of the shaft underneath the skin? Stationary or moveable? Such information would be necessary to diagnose your problem--but I doubt that a layman could make an accurate diagnosis, or should be trusted to do so. If you're in doubt, consult a good urologist. Not good to take unnecessary chances.

#2 karldergrosse, Apr 7, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2009
  3. 95LSv

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    It's like a small grain of rice underneath the skin and its moveable... Since its under the skin I can't tell the color, and it causes no pain or discomfort...

4. herkimer snow

herkimer snow New Member

I have had a very small one for years that is felt only when I have an erection. It has caused no trouble.

5. karldergrosse

Gold Member

...It does, then, sound like a harmless sebaceous cyst. But 95 and HS, guys: being a perhaps overcautious Scorpio, I personally would not rest until I had a doctor's opinion. If a sebaceous cyst, it could be removed quickly and painlessly, with practically no healing time, on an outpatient basis. --Good vibes to you both (Jeez! I didn't know the hippie period was returning!).

Draft saved Draft deleted