"Penis enlargement emails, emails, emails, emails.."

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Imported, May 8, 2003.

1. Imported

Gold Member

norseman: Ever since I signed on to LPSG I seem to be getting a huge number of emails to my private email address offering me techniques to enlarge my penis. Anyone else notice this happening ?

Most of this spam gets automatically routed to a "junk mail" folder, but I still have to got through it to make sure that I'm not throwing the good out with the bad.

At first I found it amusing. Kinda like "sending coals to Newcastle" as the old adage goes, but if someone is using the LPSG email list to reach the "wannabe's" among us, it's actually quite clever..or nefarious.

Anyone else been experiencing this sort of email in any sort of volume?

2. Imported

Gold Member

Finedessert: Yup...every F**king day.

Grandpa

3. Imported

Gold Member

hung: I have no screens on my incoming E-mails and have been hit with as many as twenty enlargement messages in a day. Apparently this stuff works. Additionally I have received many, many messages concerning new mortgages or second loans on my home. This spam must draw business or are there that many dumb marketers out there. I do not think so.

4. ericbear

Gold Member

Albums:
    [quote author=hung link=board=meetgreet;num=1052397549;start=0#2 date=05/08/03 at 07:22:49]This spam must draw business or are there that many dumb marketers out there.  [/quote]

From the statistics I have heard, spam doesn't really work in the sense of conventional advertising. However, it is so cheap to send mass email messages, that even if only one person in every 10,000 responds it is worthwhile. The problem is that the other 9,999 get annoyed to generate one lousy lead. I have long maintained that all spam could be eliminated by imposing a tax of just one cent to send an email message, which I would gladly pay.

It is also possible for some spam senders to make money even if no one at all responds to the messages. This is becuase the senders are service houses, that sell their emailing services to businesses trying to advertise a product. They collect a fee for sending out the spam. If there are few responses, that business will not longer be a client of the spammer. But that doesn't matter, the spammer just has to convince another sucker business to be a client. With lots of people believing the internet is some untapped gold mine, that isn't hard to do.

5. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

B_DoubleMeatWhopper New Member

Don't you wish you could do what was suggested we do with junk mail? I'd love to send the Penis Enlargement spam to the people who send me the Home Equity Loan spam. And then send the Earn your Degree at Home to the Penis Enlargement spammers! ;D

6. Imported

Gold Member

mindseye: Every time I get an e-mail promising me another 1-2", I sign up. I'm up to sixteen feet now!

*ba-dum ching!*

By default your e-mail address is hidden when you join LPSG, so spammers shouldn't have access to it through this group unless you make it visible.

I recommend Spamgourmet as a really easy-to-use and effective tool for reducing spam.

7. jonb

Gold Member

[quote author=DoubleMeatWhopper link=board=meetgreet;num=1052397549;start=0#4 date=05/08/03 at 09:34:18]Don't you wish you could do what was suggested we do with junk mail? I'd love to send the Penis Enlargement spam to the people who send me the Home Equity Loan spam. And then send the Earn your Degree at Home to the Penis Enlargement spammers! ;D [/quote]

::does rim shot::

This is where I recommend the newsgroup news.admin.net-abuse.email Nothing is more fun than taking away spammers' connections.

8. Imported

Gold Member

rainfletcher: Yeah, I get a several every day...but what's interesting to me is the advertising verbaige...

I'm no expert in marketing, but they all seem to prey on men's inate insecurity regarding their penis size and how women do (or don't) feel about large dicks. Doesn't 10 e-mails a day telling men that their women want 2 more inches (which is ALOT when you think about it), just solidify in mens minds that they are inadequate without an 8 or 9 inch dick?

That was a run on sentence...the point is, these e-mails can't help but make the average man MORE insecure. Of course this is the point, as it makes men think they need these products or services. But the end result is so evil, seems like someone should get prosecuted for the damage that must be done.

9. Imported

Gold Member

Donk: Yes, I get several of these a day too. (Also some making the undesirable promise to increase my bust size and one yesterday promising to "Build Muscle & Build Fat." More muscle I will take, but I need more fat like I need another inch on my penis!)

The ones that really crack me up are the ones that say something like "Your woman wants you make your penis bigger." Whoever sends those obviously has not talked to my gf!

Anyway, I think this spam really has NO CONNECTION to LPSG membership. Apparently, everyone gets them and I receive them on additional e-mail accounts I have that are different than the one I registered for LPSG with.

I have noticed that this problem just gets worse and worse. A couple years ago I would get about one penis enlargement spam a day. These days I get several (plus mortgage, make money licking envelopes at home, etc.)

Here is one tip I have learned: NEVER reply to a spam e-mail or click on a "remove me from this list" link in the e-mail. When you do this, you just confirm that your e-mail address is valid and it winds up being sold to more spam lists. (I used to think it was cute to reply to penis enlargement e-mails with "No thanks. I already have 11"." But I learned that is just asking for more spam.)

10. Imported

Gold Member

norseman: Hey Donk, I agree about not replying to any of the spam. All you do is confirm they have an active email address. My experience is different from yours, though in that I don't get any of the "enlarge your dick" emails on my other email account. Mortgage offers, drug offers and requests to launder large sums of money from deposed or departed dictators, yes, but no penis enlargement emails. That's what got me curious and prompted this thread.

11. Max

Max New Member

[quote author=Donk link=board=meetgreet;num=1052397549;start=0#8 date=05/08/03 at 18:25:45]Here is one tip I have learned: NEVER reply to a spam e-mail or click on a "remove me from this list" link in the e-mail. When you do this, you just confirm that your e-mail address is valid and it winds up being sold to more spam lists. [/quote]

Donk,

Thanks for this. Now I know what I have been doing wrong. Or at least I know one of the things I have been doing wrong ;)

12. Imported

Gold Member

H8Monga: [quote author=rainfletcher link=board=meetgreet;num=1052397549;start=0#7 date=05/08/03 at 16:37:08]Yeah, I get a several every day...but what's interesting to me is the advertising verbaige...

I'm no expert in marketing, but they all seem to prey on men's inate insecurity regarding their penis size and how women do (or don't) feel about large dicks.  Doesn't 10 e-mails a day telling men that their women want 2 more inches (which is ALOT when you think about it), just solidify in mens minds that they are inadequate without an 8 or 9 inch dick?

That was a run on sentence...the point is, these e-mails can't help but make the average man MORE insecure.  Of course this is the point, as it makes men think they need these products or services.  But the end result is so evil, seems like someone should get prosecuted for the damage that must be done.[/quote]

Actually, being on AOL and when I was a regular in the chats (where it seems the spambots pick up your screen names), I used to get tons of those e-mails.  There would be a bot in the chat also saying something like "Want a bigger penis click here!" Well, I easily deleted the e-mails and if I was in the room and saw one of those bots sending a link, I and some others would send "*click*" or I'd ask "How did they know?"  But now, I have another screen name and I don't chat with it and I rarely get any spam on that name.

The spam I hate the most are those seeming to be from people who know you.  I know I have friends who change screen names and would send me an e-mails saying "Hey it's Kate, new screen name," but the spammers do that too and it can be anything, penis enhancement, breast enhancement, "Look what puberty did to these teens!" etc...

*best Garfield imitation*
    Whoever invented spam e-mails should be drug out in the street and shot.

Dr. Whopper, I like your idea.

13. Imported

Gold Member

aussiechick63: I get shitloads of it too... how to make my penis bigger.
    I would like to see that!!!! :D

14. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

B_DoubleMeatWhopper New Member

I've also gotten the spam that says that my woman wishes my cock was bigger? My woman? Why didn't I know about her existence? OMG ... am I heterosexual and living a lie?

One of my favourite anecdotes about penis enlargement spams involves a friend of mine at the university. He said, "Those penis enlargement sites are so bogus. I got a spam that said 'Click her for a larger penis.' I clicked it, but my dick didn't get any bigger. What a rip-off!" :D

I do have to say this: I have not received any penis enlargement spam at the address under which I signed up at LPSG. I think that says something positive about this board.

15. jonb

Gold Member

[quote author=Max link=board=meetgreet;num=1052397549;start=0#10 date=05/08/03 at 20:44:04]

Donk,

Thanks for this.  Now I know what I have been doing wrong.  Or at least I know one of the things I have been doing wrong  ;)[/quote]

Yep. Also, hit ctrl+H or apple+H or something similar to view full headers. If it traces back to an email service, then forward it to abuse@foo (Replace foo with the URL of the service.) If not, that's what kill files are for.

16. jonb

Gold Member

One of my favorites: "Click here for larger erections!" I clicked on it, but I was still limp. LOL Is that a sign of impotence?

I actually wrote a parody of it a while ago called MAKE PENIS FAST!!!!!!! It was also a parody of the six-dollar pyramid scheme.

[quote author=DoubleMeatWhopper link=board=meetgreet;num=1052397549;start=12#13 date=05/09/03 at 00:33:18]I've also gotten the spam that says that my woman wishes my cock was bigger? My woman? Why didn't I know about her existence? OMG ... am I heterosexual and living a lie?

One of my favourite anecdotes about penis enlargement spams involves a friend of mine at the university. He said, "Those penis enlargement sites are so bogus. I got a spam that said 'Click her for a larger penis.' I clicked it, but my dick didn't get any bigger. What a rip-off!" :D

I do have to say this: I have not received any penis enlargement spam at the address under which I signed up at LPSG. I think that says something positive about this board.[/quote]

17. Imported

Gold Member

flipper40: [quote author=aussiechick63 link=board=meetgreet;num=1052397549;start=12#12 date=05/09/03 at 00:30:17]I get shitloads of it too... how to make my penis bigger.
    I would like to see that!!!!   :D[/quote]

My thought exactly!! :D ;D

18. Imported

Gold Member

sammygirly: Spam - the email friend of the lonely person...

I got mail from Brittney Spears the other day....I didn't know she was into animal sex, but whoa I've been informed now.

I amuse myself with it, laugh and delete. It's like TV ads in the middle of my favourite show, seemingly a necessary evil. I dont fret - but I certainly forward the good ones to my 'friends' LOL I have a person who has annoyed me to no end...and my fun, is forwarding allll my spam to his address. Wonder when he'll change his email addy....mwahahahahaha!!!

Let this be a lesson - dont piss off sammy

19. Imported

Gold Member

Finedessert: "Let this be a lesson - dont piss off sammy"

Or any of the other women that come on this board. ;) ;) ;)

Grandpa

20. Imported

Gold Member

sammygirly: Grandpa, you are a smart man ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted