Penis Healthy Supplements

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by kickstand, Oct 20, 2010.

1. kickstand

kickstand New Member

This is a very interesting abstract about a 2003 study using two NO-producing supplements that hasn't been discussed in this forum yet.

Abstract

Penile erection requires the relaxation of the cavernous smooth muscle, which is triggered by nitric oxide (NO). We investigated the possibility of overcoming erectile dysfunction (ED) by increasing the amounts of endogenous NO. For this purpose, we orally administered Pycnogenol, because it is known to increase production of NO by nitric oxide syntase together with L-arginine as substrate for this enzyme. The study included 40 men, aged 25-45 years, without confirmed organic erectile dysfunction. Throughout the 3-month trial period, patients received 3 ampoules Sargenor a day, a drinkable solution of the dipeptide arginyl aspartate (equivalent to 1.7 g L-arginine per day). During the second month, patients were additionally supplemented with 40 mg Pycnogenol two times per day; during the third month, the daily dosage was increased to three 40-mg Pycnogenol tablets. We obtained a sexual function questionnaire and a sexual activity diary from each patient. After 1 month of treatment with L-arginine, a statistically nonsignificant number of 2 patients (5%) experienced a normal erection. Treatment with a combination of L-arginine and Pycnogenol for the following month increased the number of men with restored sexual ability to 80%. Finally, after the third month of treatment, 92.5% of the men experienced a normal erection. We conclude that oral administration of L-arginine in combination with Pycnogenol causes a significant improvement in sexual function in men with ED without any side effects.

This is the link: Treatment of erectile dysfunction with pycnogenol ... [J Sex Marital Ther. 2003 May-Jun] - PubMed result

I am using these, but did not phase in like the abstract describes. I take 1500mg of L-arginine and 120mg of Pycnogenol -- both found in pill form. From the first day I felt stimulation during the evening and woodies in the morning. From what I read about both, particularly abot pycnogenol, both are healthy for your whole body, not just your penis.

Where to get them? L-arginine is avaiable almost everywhere. I got pycogenol at a health vitamin store, but also ordered online.

Anyone else try this formula?

2. rrambo

rrambo New Member

Albums:
    I use L-arginine everyday but hadn't heard of Pycnogenol.. Thanks!!! will be trying now!

3. kickstand

kickstand New Member

I was taking all the pills right after lunch, but after rereading the abstract I changed protocol to 1000 mg l-arginine plus 60 mg pycnogenol after breakfast and 500 mg l-arginine plus 60 mg pycnogenol around 9 PM. I'm getting good nighttime and morning wood, which I attribute to these pills.

Again, besides the penile benefits, pycnogenol is good for many other health reasons. Here is a link as an example.
    Pycnogenol: MedlinePlus Supplements

4. PerfectlySexy

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Hey kickstand, I'm curious as to your results at this point. I'm also wondering if you had taken Arginine before. I've been taking EST NO Xtreme for a while and want to cycle off for a bit. Trying to figure out if Pycnogenol has any NO effects without Arginine or if its effects are only synergistic with Arginine. Sounds like a good supplement but then so many products these days claim to be "the best anti-oxidant ever".

5. B_625girth

B_625girth New Member

I see the gov't released their study of pine bark a few days ago. they concluded pine bark does nothing for you.

so kickstand what are your results so far??

6. bigsmile

bigsmile New Member

tryin to tell yall peanuts. Raw unsalted.

7. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    Tis the season for them too. Good gift ideas, and you can find them in the big containers for the holidays.

I've been on the Tribulus as a supplement and it has greatly improved my energy levels as well as libido. Granted, im still not where I need to be for my age, but it has really helped in my day to day activities.

8. bigsmile

bigsmile New Member

Maca is very good as well.

9. JMeister

JMeister Member

Pussy is very healthy supplement for the penis!

Muira Puama works well too.

10. PerfectlySexy

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    You have a link for that? I know a recent study showed no cardiovascular benefit but if there's something newer that would be worth reading.

I'm also holding off on pycnogenol due to the price. It's a lot more expensive than many other common supplements recommended for penis health (arginine, lecithin, zinc).

I'm not sold on maca yet. Giving it another try as I lay off the arginine for a while, powder instead of capsules, but I noticed that the recommended dose gave me headaches.

Agreed. Pussy may be the best supplement for penis health, especially the very tight and wet ones.

11. bigcrush

bigcrush New Member

I have been using nitrox infusion (sci-fit) right before bedtime. It is a grape liquid that contains a fast acting arginine. It has really helped my firmness and recovery time. My wife has commented on the difference. At my age (50) most nights I go twice with my wife. I also jack 3 -4 times a week. It costs about $20 a bottle (20 doses) online.

12. kickstand

kickstand New Member

According to the abstract I quoted, pycnogenol has NO effects and is a NO booster to L-arginine. I am still taking both, but not sure of any benefits other than two: 1) more morning wood and 2) tinnitus seems to be lessened. Since Pycnogenol is expensive, I'll give it a couple months to prove itself. I'll report laters when done.

13. kickstand

kickstand New Member

I noticed that you had no URL attached, so I did Google search on "study of pine bark" and found several more recent studies on Pycnogenol. Although I am dissapointed in that it is not proven for some things for which it was advertised to aid, but my main reason for trying it is for the NO boost in cooperation with L-arginine that is promised. See my earlier reply to how I am doing. I know it doesn't help with blood pressure, because my recent doc visit showed no improvement on that front. I am going to give it two or three months before I judge its effectiveness. Problem with decision at that point, however, is what do I compare to? I don't know what I would feel like if I didn't take the pills (no double blind test with one person, you see). So, this will be a highly subjective decision, one that may be no more than a placibo effect. Later.

14. str8nine9

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Things you should be taking to make sure your running good.

1st level. B-Vitamins, Zinc, Calcium, Magnesium.

2nd level. Then if needed combinations of arginine, maca, tribulus, horny goat weed, yohimbe.

And you dont need to take the lvl 2 stuff everyday, infact the more often you take them you less effective they get.

And don't take yohimbe with other stimulants, you will really feel like crap.

Plus you dont need to take them e

15. JMeister

JMeister Member

Extra Vitamin D has been working for me.

16. CobraLover

CobraLover Member

Albums:
    Diamana will stimulate sex drive and make you hard and horny, just like some of the other supplements listed here, but Yohimbe can be dangerous if you have hypertension.

Draft saved Draft deleted