Penis Help!!!

Discussion in 'Sex With a Large Penis' started by peet74, Jun 15, 2007.

1. peet74

peet74 New Member

I have a freaky and weird confesison to make. Please take it seriously since it is a problem for me. I like to masturbate alot, but I can not do it with unclean hands. I will have to clean my hands completely with water and soap before even taking my penis out of my pants. I just think since the skin of the head is so sencitive and thin that germs and vacterias could easily get through the skin. I think I could get an infection in my favorite place of my body. The same thing goes when peeing or just touching my penis. I also do not like sleeping naked if the bed sheets have not been changed or washed for a while. I do not like to masturbate rubbing my penis against any surface or thing, unless is clean clothes. This have been hunting me for years and I would like to change and forget about germs in my hands and clothes. Please if someone has an idea how to stop this freaky behavior, please help me. How protective is penis head skin really? Can I forget about those germs and just masturbate freely?
    If I'm not been clear enough I can explain more later. You can also send me private messages if you think your answer is too personal.
    I would appresiate your answers, but please take it seriously. This is not a jocke and I think LPSG members are here to offer support.
    Thanks

2. rivenoriven

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Could be Obssesive Compulsive (personality) disorder. Are you a clean freak with other thigns as well or just your penis?

3. peet74

peet74 New Member

Are you a clean freak with other thigns as well or just your penis?
    The answer is yes, but I think I could resolve this problem with some honest and true answers? To be more specific I would add some more questions:
    Does your hands have to be clean for you to masturbate,or you do not care? Do you like to rub your penis against other things that are not "clean"? How resistant against germs and bacterias is the penis and penis' head? What hygienic methods do you use when masturbating?
    I would appreciate your answers

4. D_Al_K_Celtzah

D_Al_K_Celtzah Account Disabled

This is not based on any scientifical research (but you can look it up yourself) but I would say that the penis and penis head is very resistant against germns and bacterias.
    Remember we weren't born clothed nor did our ancesters walk around clothed. We aren't naturally supposed to be protected by clothes against germs. Think about some of the so called primitive tribes we have in our world. They walk around almost, if not completely, naked and they don't seem to suffer from any kinds of infections in the genital area any more than we do.
    Plus (and keep in mind that I am only writing this out of thinking, I haven't checked for any scientific proof for this), I believe that the genital tissue is very, very, very similar to our oral organs, namely the lips. For instance, the only areas of our body that don't have any hair on them are the lips, glans and vaginal labia, if I'm not mistaken - and this I have read somewhere, it's a scientific fact ;o). Also, when you get aroused, your lips will swallow, as happens with the penis and the pussy labia. So, if you think along thses lines, do you ever get infections on your lips? You probably don't, and they are much more exposed than your penis.

It's just a thought. I don't know if it can be backed up, I hope it can. Anyway, keeping a good hygene is always good ;o)

I hope this has helped.

5. snoozan

Gold Member

You're much more likely to transmit germs to your body via touching your face with your hands than your penis. Washing your hands is something you should do regularly and often, especially if you've been out in public. The head of your penis is skin, and therefore not as likely to get germs into your body as a mucous membrane is (like your eyes, mouth or nose). The urethral opening, which is a mucous membrane, is very small compared to those that are on your face which is why that's the place you should be most careful about touching with dirty hands.

Also... germs are a fact of life. At this moment you have bacteria all over your skin and inside your gut. Your immune system is there to take care of germs that make you sick. This doesn't negate the need to keep your hands and body washed, but the idea that germs and bacteria are somehow evil and fearsome is a relatively new phenomenon. Keep up basic hygeine, try not to get sick by staying healthy otherwise, but don't obsess about it. You can't sterilize yourself or the world.

If you play with toys, put them in the diswasher or clean them with hot, soapy water. And, of course, use a condom when having sex.

Finally, if this is an obsession that is impairing you from functioning in one or more areas of your life, you need to talk to a therapist about it. It could be OCD.

6. Freddie53

Gold Member

Too much cleaning and such can actually lower your resistance to germs. I've read that the penis has a cleansing mechanism. It has a certain oder but the body is designed to fight germs.

I've never thought about washing my hands before I touch my penis. And I have never had any problems with the skin of my penis.

You may have a case of compulsive disorder, especially if you needed to piss very badly, but would seat in pain because while there is a place to pee, there is no place to wash your hands.

If it is a case where you would just rather wash your hands first, then you probably don't relaly have a compulsive disorder.

7. Matthew

Gold Member

Touching your dick doesn't require any extra cleanliness.

Based on your response, my honest opinion is that the true resolution to your problem is to talk to a therapist about your obsessive-compulsive disorder. Plenty of people have this condition. You may feel much more at ease after it's treated.

8. davidjh7

Gold Member

It definately sounds like you have a mild phobia about germs. This likelycame from something that happened, or you heard, at a very impressionable time in your life, and it planted deep roots in your brain. The fact is that your skin is very good at protecting your body from germs, as long as it is intact. As long as you stay reasobaly clean, and wash your hands regularly,(not compulsively, which can cause the skin to become raw and open wounds, leading to infection) you are pretty safe. I don't know if the reasurances of others will help you or not. Do some personal research in medical sites onthe net--find expert opinions you will believe, and maybe you can convince yourself that the mild phobia is unfounded. If you can;t get past it on your own, definately seek a therapists help, but only if you really WANT the help and want to overcome this--otherwise, you won't do it, and will be wasting time and money. A therapist can;t help you if you don;t want to be helped, period. GOod luck!

9. B_dxjnorto

B_dxjnorto New Member

I often wash my hands before I go to the bathroom rather than vice versa. This is because my dick is in my pants where it is protected from dirt while my hands are not. I don't think your idea is so unusual.

10. Principessa

Gold Member

I agree with Snoozan. If this is not disrupting or adversly affecting other parts of your life, then I wouldn't worry about it.

11. crescendo69

Gold Member

So far my dick has not caught a cold from unwashed hands.

12. STYLYUNG

STYLYUNG New Member

When I began to consider being circumcised, the doctor told me that a benefit to being cut was that the the lack of the foreskin covering of the glans would toughen the tissue (skin) of the glans. Evidently, that was one of the ancient reasons for circumcision. It would make the glans skin impervious to the syphilis spirochetti being able to bore through the toughened tissue covering the glans. Syphilis is spread usually by intercourse with a diseased person, not by unclean hands. But that is one example that the glans is open to disease through contact. Another is gonorrhea that infects the urethra through the "slit " opening. Good reasons for using condoms.

13. visceraltuning

visceraltuning New Member

I'm with you on this one DX. I firmly believe that my penis is much cleaner than the sink and door knob in a bathroom.

Peet, I think that problem is your level of distress about germs, not your actual hygiene habits.

It's good to wash ones hand regularly to prevent the transfer of germs to yourself, others, and from one location to another, especially if you are going to be coming into contact with a mucus membrane lined orifous like a urethra, the inner lining of an intact foreskin, vagina, mouth, and anus.

What is not good is dwelling on the presence of germs in general because microbes exist everywhere and only a very small percentage of microbes actually cause illness. For example, a clinical lab scientist in a hospital will often run cultures that are considered "no findings" or "negative findings" not because they did not grow anything but because the culture grew "normal skin flora", that is microbes that are expected to be present and do not cause illness.

Typically microbes only cause illness in humans (and other living organisms, in general) when they are transfered from an environment where the body cells are well adapted to their presence and growth is controlled by the environmental conditions, such Ph (Acid-Base) level, to an environment where the body cells are not well adapted to their presence and the conditions do not control growth. For instance, there are bacteria in the lower digestive tract that are needed for proper digestion and should be in the intestine, rectum, and anus. However, they also grow very well in the urinary tract if they are allowed to be transfered by let's say a woman wiping back to front when going to the bathroom or when a man penetrates a woman's anus with his penis then immediately penetrates her labia. The difference is that the bacteria causes no symptoms of illness when in the rectum but will cause a urinary tract infection when the bacteria reaches the urethra, with the symptoms being burning painful urination, fouls smelling urine, and bloody urine.

So in short, wash your hands regularly but don't be overly worried about the existence of germs or the ritual of washing your hands. If you find you are overly worried about germs, in general, then you might have a phobia. If find that you are overly concerned with the ritual of washing your hands then you may have OCD. There are very effective psychological and/or medication treatments for both.

14. D_Cunningham Cumshipper

Sounds like OCD rather than OCPD, which is an Axis II diagnosis. I'm not up to date on the latest psych literature since it's been a while since I dabbled in that stuff but treatment is mostly based on CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy) with possible adjuvant treatment with a SSRI. If it is really affecting your life, you can go talk to a psychiatrist about it and they can help you out with it.

15. visceraltuning

visceraltuning New Member

I thought all personality disorders were Axis II . . . although besides the point. Both are treatable.

16. D_Cunningham Cumshipper

Personality disorders and mental retardation are Axis II. However, OCD is different than OCPD.

17. B_dxjnorto

B_dxjnorto New Member

That's a benefit?

Visceraltuning has it right. Normally regular skin bacteria outpopulate harmful bacteria and keep them in check. There is research underway about inoculating with friendly bacteria now that so many bad bacteria have developed drug resistance.

18. SteveHd

Gold Member

:bsflag:

19. D_Vita_Mee_Tavegamin

D_Vita_Mee_Tavegamin Account Disabled

Therapy might be a good way to find more about yourself and why you feel this way. Are you ashamed of masturbation or view sex as dirty (as many people do or have). There are also treatment modalities that can help with the phobia/obcessions.

Washing too often has also been linked to INCREASED infection -- as the oils on our skin are our body's own way of protection too!

Good luck man.

20. perthjames

perthjames Member

Maybe it's broader than masturbation? If it's related to some other aspect of your life, that might be the issue to address...

Draft saved Draft deleted