Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
So, I'm a bit concerned and nothing really adds up from my knowledge.

In my first year of college, I ended up gaining over 30 pounds of fat (probably more in case I lost muscle from high school, lol). During this time, I was very horny and would be able to get an erection and sustain it fairly easily. However, in the past few months I've lost about 15 pounds (although I gained 5 pounds on a 2-week vacation with the family, lol) and now it seems harder for me to even get an erection. Once I get an erection, I start going limp immediately after I stop touching it.

I would think that losing weight would give me a healthier cardiovascular system so my bloodflow should give me a healthy erection. But instead, I was able to have healthier erections while I was gaining weight and probably ruining my cardiovascular system? It doesn't make sense to me. Keep in mind I'm now in my second year of high school, so I'm only 19 years old. I don't think I should be getting erection issues at all, haha, but perhaps that's just a correlation. I also think it might be connected with how horny I get.

I used to be really horny, I would say typical for someone my age - jacked off 2-3 times a day or so. Now, I jack off once, maybe twice a week. I just recently abstained (not really by choice, but just because I wasn't horny) for about 8 days before I was incredibly horny, which seemed to have come out of nowhere - it didn't build up or anything, lol. Before that, I could go 4-5 days before I needed to jack off. It's been three days since I last masturbated and... nope, not in the mood!

And one more thing: When I was masturbating at least once per day, I seemed to be getting more shots and bigger loads. But now, while the loads are thicker, I'm hardly getting any volume. I shoot maybe three times (if I'm lucky) and then dribble - but I don't know why? Is it because the loads are actually thicker and so it becomes a heavier burden to shoot far?? I don't know, that still doesn't explain why I have lesser volume.

So, I don't know, I'm not sure if these are all just correlations or if they're really causes for each other. It might all boil down to how horny I can get, but why would I get less horny when I start losing weight? Or, again, maybe just a correlation, I don't know.

Any ideas??

D_Kitten_Kaboodle

Account Disabled
Media
So, I'm a bit concerned and nothing really adds up from my knowledge.

In my first year of college, I ended up gaining over 30 pounds of fat (probably more in case I lost muscle from high school, lol). During this time, I was very horny and would be able to get an erection and sustain it fairly easily. However, in the past few months I've lost about 15 pounds (although I gained 5 pounds on a 2-week vacation with the family, lol) and now it seems harder for me to even get an erection. Once I get an erection, I start going limp immediately after I stop touching it.

I would think that losing weight would give me a healthier cardiovascular system so my bloodflow should give me a healthy erection. But instead, I was able to have healthier erections while I was gaining weight and probably ruining my cardiovascular system? It doesn't make sense to me. Keep in mind I'm now in my second year of college (correction), so I'm only 19 years old. I don't think I should be getting erection issues at all, haha, but perhaps that's just a correlation. I also think it might be connected with how horny I get.

I used to be really horny, I would say typical for someone my age - jacked off 2-3 times a day or so. Now, I jack off once, maybe twice a week. I just recently abstained (not really by choice, but just because I wasn't horny) for about 8 days before I was incredibly horny, which seemed to have come out of nowhere - it didn't build up or anything, lol. Before that, I could go 4-5 days before I needed to jack off. It's been three days since I last masturbated and... nope, not in the mood!

And one more thing: When I was masturbating at least once per day, I seemed to be getting more shots and bigger loads. But now, while the loads are thicker, I'm hardly getting any volume. I shoot maybe three times (if I'm lucky) and then dribble - but I don't know why? Is it because the loads are actually thicker and so it becomes a heavier burden to shoot far?? I don't know, that still doesn't explain why I have lesser volume.

So, I don't know, I'm not sure if these are all just correlations or if they're really causes for each other. It might all boil down to how horny I can get, but why would I get less horny when I start losing weight? Or, again, maybe just a correlation, I don't know.

Any ideas??

I think you should spend more time with FancyPants and she if she can solve your problems.... :tongue:

Catharsis

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
hahaha oh god... yeah, I'm a sophomore in college, not high school! I promise, I didn't stay back four years :p.

And dearest FancyPants, if I didn't know any better I would think that you want to spend more time with me!

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
How are your stress levels? Depressed? Anxious? Overworked? Drinking? Caffeine? Narcotics? Getting enough sleep? Smoking? Any change in prescription medication? Are you more sedentary these days? Because unless you're swinging from morbidly obese to scarily underweight I doubt weight loss or gain is causing your loss of libido/semen volume. There are, however (and unfortunately), a whole lot of other reasons you could be experiencing those issues.

Catharsis

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hm, some pretty thoughtful questions.

I am not stressed, depressed, smoking, on any kind of medication, and I've been more active since school started, haha. I don't do drugs and I haven't drinken much in the past several months. I drink a cup of coffee every day and occasionally another cup of coffee right before work.

The issue might be being overworked, lacking sleep, and overall probably just not having the time to get horny, haha. I wouldn't really say "overworked," but usually I have classes/labs from 8am-4pm and then work from 6-9pm on three nights of the week. On the other two days, I just have classes 9am-12pm, but these days along with my weekends seem to be filled with assignments! So, while I'm not really overworked, I just find myself not really have too much free time and I find myself sleeping 6-7 hours a night - not too bad for my age, but it might add up to something.

Thanks for the insightful post! Really gave me something to think about :p.

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

I am not stressed, depressed, smoking, on any kind of medication, and I've been more active since school started, haha. I don't do drugs and I haven't drinken much in the past several months. I drink a cup of coffee every day and occasionally another cup of coffee right before work.

Shit, man, congratulations on being so healthy :)

The issue might be being overworked, lacking sleep, and overall probably just not having the time to get horny, haha. I wouldn't really say "overworked," but usually I have classes/labs from 8am-4pm and then work from 6-9pm on three nights of the week. On the other two days, I just have classes 9am-12pm, but these days along with my weekends seem to be filled with assignments! So, while I'm not really overworked, I just find myself not really have too much free time and I find myself sleeping 6-7 hours a night - not too bad for my age, but it might add up to something.

Yeah, that's a lot of your day, every day, taken up right there. For three days a week you're going from 8am-9pm - thirteen hours - with only a two hour break. Ouch. The rest of the week you have classes and assignments...no wonder you feel a little overworked.

It sounds to me like your dick is telling you that you're tired. I know that I usually think of my dick as the less-intelligent of my two heads, but sometimes it's just more in-tune with my body than the rest of me is. In my first couple of years of university I learned I had to build time into my schedule for relaxation. Well, I learned a lot more than that, but 99.99% of it is totally not important in this context.

Haha, just what someone in college needs: More shit to think about.

Good luck, guy.

hung

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I would suggest that eratic has given you much needed information and guidance.

Always take care of yourself first and then the rest will fall into place.

I wish you well in University.

The overworked thing might be something to think about. If you're having to focus on academic work all the time, and not really able to get in much physical activity - that may be something to do with it; also the pressure of a lot of assignments?

Good luck anyway dude - and mebbe see a Doc for a second opinion?

In my first couple of years of university I learned I had to build time into my schedule for relaxation.
This! Even if it's just popping outside for 5 mins for some fresh air and a walk. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

I23

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
From a personal point of view, sleep is/was a big factor for me. Maybe not 1 or 2 night's missed sleep, that doesn't matter so much, but when you are talking weeks and months of 5-6 hrs sleep a night vs the 8 or so you actually need, the effect can be marked. With me it was less a physical manifestation and more like a suppressed libido and lack of interest though.

I recommend you set yourself up with a couple of days with no work in, so you have nothing to rush to wake up for. Go to sleep at a decent hour the night before, after a full normal day, no napping, beer or whatever that might skew the results. Notice what time you go to bed and don't set any alarm. Then note what time you naturally wake up of your body's own accord.

After doing this a couple of times you will get an idea of the preferred time your body likes to have to sleep in. I found for myself that this was closer to 9 hrs than the 7 I thought I needed, and thus it was a bigger deficit from the 5-6 I was getting than I thought I was incurring. Try to plan your day to allow yourself this amount of time from going to bed to getting up again. With the right amount of sleep you should reap the benefits pretty soon. This may not work for you, and this is just how I went about figuring my own need for rest out, not some approved method, but I found it useful.

Best of luck,
I

German Stallion

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
follow the advice of "123" but add this: Testosterone is the big key here, in my opinion. It is the key for erection and erection quality as well as ejaculation. At your age your testosterone should be high, but if you are not active and not producing "T" then it is going to be down. The long muscles produce the most "T" and you gain testosterone when you run, or are active in anything. Walking is good, running, lifting weights etc. Also watch your diet. ANY sugar will lower erection quality. People who have high blood sugar or are diabetic have trouble in this area. So, cut the sugars of all kinds, get your body going and see that doens't help boost all the factors involved.

Catharsis

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hmm, I'll try out the sleep-thing one of these weekends. :) That's really the only time I'll be able to sleep in, haha.

German Stallion: Well, it makes sense, but I can rule out testosterone being the issue at hand. I have body hair, and more of it than (it seems) most other guys my age, lol.

I was pretty active and very healthy through high school, but I could see issues arising in my first year of college where I ate very bad food and was much more sedant (I relied heavily on the shuttle buses on campus). This year, I'm eating much better and I say that I'm more active because I'm doing a lot more walking. I did some exercise over the summer, too, but only an hour or so of biking as many days of the week as possible whenever it wasn't raining.

Sugar? I'm not really sure what is "too much" haha. The only superficial sugar I have is the spoonful that I add to my coffee each morning. Other than that, I eat a lot of meats and veggies - and I try to limit my carbs. I don't leave out a dessert but that's usually fruit and occasionally chocolate, but usually dark chocolate (which I've always preferred, anyway).

Like I implied in my first post, it seems like when I was in my most unhealthy condition that I had a high libido and semen volume, lol. Now that I'm healthier and busier... It seems to be going backward, and I honestly would have expected the opposite.