Penis Measuring - The final say

whato1986: I think this whole idea of penis measuring has reached a stage where a few think measuring underneath is best, a few prefer the side, and others say measure from the top. My 0.02 cents wud be to say that measuring from the end of the pubic bone top-side to the tip of your cock is the way to go. This is because this is the only length that will enter your partner's orrofices, the part that will be enjoyed. By measuring from the side or beneath, you might as well count the part of your cock held in by the suspensory ligaments! :wacko:

People lets lay this age-old topic to rest, please! ;)

Cheers guys,

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by whato1986@Jun 5 2004, 06:29 PM
People lets lay this age-old topic to rest, please! ;)

It is laid to rest. It was agreed at LPSG that top-side measurement should be considered the standard some time ago. What was not determined was whether or not it should be a bone pressed measurement.

benderten2001

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by DoubleMeatWhopper@Jun 5 2004, 08:10 PM

"It is laid to rest. It was agreed at LPSG that top-side measurement should be considered the standard some time ago. What was not determined was whether or not it should be a bone pressed measurement."
[/quote]
I believe you're absolutely correct DMW !

I've read it more than once that the medical profession really seems to measure towards "bone pressed". The preferred way to measure goes something like this:

"a measurement from the tip of the glans along the (top side) of the shaft to the pubic area, (ruler slightly pushed inward to where it stops), and with the erection itself then pushed slightly downward." !

Whoa! --Doing all THAT would certainly account for every fraction of an inch possible to be measured! (for ANY of us!) :D

(And, it takes into account that "fat pad" some of us have near the pubes!)

And, notice that business of pushing the erect penis downward which would also provides a stiffer, harder quality to the erection; thus yielding an even more accurate measurement of the TRUE optimum length it would seem. (These medical guys seem to have it ALL figured out, don't they?)

Whether one would ever "use" all that observed length actually isn't apparently the issue in measuring. It's considering whatever penile tissue is actually visible / available as it extends outward from the body itself. --Kinda makes sense.

HORSEHUNGshowoff: That is simply not true for a cock that curves up like a banana get a Banana then measure the inside where the curve is then measure the outside of the curve , then swallow the banana , OK Have you swallowed the first measurement or the second one ?

The REAL deal
HORSE

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
I usually swallow a banana in small bites.

Go ahead and measure however you're most comfortable, HHSO, just don't get pissed if a doctor does it along the top.

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Your post gives a clear, step-by-step instruction for penis measuring, benderten2001. I can only imagine the number of guys who will follow your suggestions after reading them, or perhaps orally give the directions as they get measured by a helpful individual. It would be helpful to know that our reported dick measurements are all calculated from the same type of measuring. I can't iomagine a boy/man not putting a measuring device to his erection more than once during his growth period. The desire to know his cock's size is just a natural part of being male.

HORSEHUNGshowoff: I suggest using a tape measure instead of a ruler on the upturned erection. Make sure the tape is against the total length of the curve to get an accurate reading. This might take a little longer time, but what's the rush when you're having fun?

HORSEHUNGshowoff: Doesnt matter depending on the severity of the curve there is Always a DIfference of an inch or more and I only use a tape measure naturally lol

The REAL deal
HORSE

benderten2001

Experimental Member
Media
Our friend HORSEHUNG has a valid point about the curvature factor.
A flexible ruler (i.e. cloth tape) would certainly have be used and then follow along the curve.... TOP side of the shaft. (Persistant aren't I?)

I can understand though, what's been said regarding "allowing for the curve".
One easily would think something beneficial gets lost staying with measuring only along the top! However...in the interest of using some kind of "known" standard to measure...the medical profession seems to be the one to consider. And, it's always going to be a TOP side measure and nothing else.

And, anyway---we may as well fess up to it right now--
when it comes to us guys "measuring what's so important to us"....there probably always will be (some) cause to do it our OWN way! :D

I'm also willing to venture a guess that all of our collected stats reported around here--are achieved forty-'leven different ways of measuring, too! We needn't fall out with one another....just accept all this discussion as somewhat amusing!
(It really is in many ways!)

Think of it! Of all the things to concern ourselves with in today's crazy world and we're worrying about how to measure our......(well--you know.)

nursejudy

Experimental Member
Media
I always measure from the top using a cloth tape measure, but only after asking permission first & saying 'please' & 'thank you'. Manners are important! ;)

lellelind

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
The correct way to measure penis length is from the top. If the penis is straight like a nail you measure with a ruler. If the penis is curved use a cloth tape measure. Start measuring from the pubic bone and all the way to the tip of the glans.

thirdlegmeat

Sexy Member
Media
I have to agree with HorseHung...

My cock bows upward like a bananna. Measuring from the top cheats me by nearly an inch...its hard to say exactly how much. This is obvious and is basic geometry.

thirdlegmeat

Sexy Member
Media
I have to agree with HorseHung...

My cock bows upward like a bananna. Measuring from the top cheats me by nearly an inch...its hard to say exactly how much. This is obvious and is basic geometry.

This is why, when I talk about me length, I always say 8-9". If I cheat myself and measure along the to and try to "straighten" out my bananna cock, it's 8". But I know that this is not doing my penis justice. It is at it's largest when it is fully erect, thus curved.

I think perhaps measuring along the side would be right.

Donkdick: Yeah sure a doctor will measure you from the top but who care what a doctor's going to do? You want to know that when your girlfriend or whoever goes down there with a tape measure she won't be dissapointed by the way you've lied about how big you are!

Playboy magazine says, and this is Hugh Hefner talking boys(FEb. 2001 w/Anna Nicole Smith on the cover) and I quote:

"Measure from the bottom. When scientists measure they measure from the top. This isn't science(making your penis look bigger) so place the ruler on the underside against your balls. Presto-the extra inch you thought you never had."

Playboy approved. When I measure myself this way I have 13 inches!

HORSEHUNGshowoff: LOL very good point Yes the best way to measure a cock that Curves up is underneath ( more accurate too) However if the cock bends down same rule applies with THAT curve and the dude should measure ON top someone with a str8 cock well doesnt matter which way they measure will be about the same :)
As you said who gives a fuck what way a DR measures lol , I measure just over 10" on top and underneaath way over 11" so I take the happy medium and say 11" sooooooooooooo Now lets Argue about Where to measure Girth shall we ? lol
I say at the base cause that is where I am thickest just a little over 7" and the rest about 6'5

the REAL deal
HORSE

HORSEHUNGshowoff: I have to agree with HorseHung...

Why couldn't I be rich instead of HUNG...

Heehee Thx bro just curious WHY would you rather be rich instead of HUNG ? if you have some convoluted notion that MONEY brings automatic happiness you could not be wronger , just like Bieng HUNG doesnt make one happy I grew up as a spoiled only child always being handed everything and never learning the value of money but even though I was indulged I was Never happy till in my 20s (very long therapy ridden sessions, fyi) so all you have to do is believe in yourself and work hard ( or not in my case) and you can be rich , I think it was TONY ROBBINS or some other guru who said "You're only as rich as you perceive yourself to be"

I discovered the measuring thing quite by accident after hearing everyone tell me DAMN that looks more then 10" , I happen to measure a banana on both sides and noticed the discrepancy , of course it depends on the curve but it can be quite a bit you cheat yourself measuring the Scientific way .

the REAL deal

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Originally posted by HORSEHUNGshowoff@Jun 11 2004, 07:20 AM
just curious WHY would you rather be rich instead of HUNG ?
Look at that guy over there.

He's homeless, unemployed, divorced, owes a whole lot of child support, keeps all his belongings in a single grocery cart, gets arrested almost every day for loitering, eats out of dumpsters, gets called all sorts of names and his beard has vermin in it.

But that's okay.

He's hung like a horse! :wub:

HORSEHUNGshowoff: Well for 1 he Wouldnt have a PC so Him posting would be a moot point and 2 How imbecilic of you to take what I said OUT OF CONTEXT, I was merely making a queery to the poster

the REAL deal
HORSE

an8x7

Just Browsing
Media
i agree with the medical approach on the length but on the old board i posted that the "gold standard" for measurement should be VOLUME. afterall isn't that the ultimate objective--to most fully fill a hole with the most mass of meat? :D

the formula for volume is: (circumference divided by 6.2832)squared times 3.1416 times height. for example i'm 8x7 so my calculation is 7 divided by 6.2832 =1.114 squared = 1.241 times 3.1416 = 3.899 times 8 = 31.2 cubic inches of meat.

to get your circumference just get a throbbing hard-on, take a string and wrap around the widest part of the shaft, and then measure the string.

what is interesting is that circumference plays a more important factor than length in this method. for example a 10x5 cock--obviously more impressive than mine-- has 19.9 cubic inches but that is 36% less meat than mine. or stated another way the hole is 36% less full! and that assumes that the hole can accept the full length which in some situations is not the case. i happen to believe that when it gets over 9" in length some have a problem while most "holes"--of either sex--are capable of expanding in circumference to accomodate any known record circumferences--given enough patience and preparation.

in fact the comprehensive lpsg statistics analysis underway from the old board will plot all length and circumference measurements on a scatter diagram which should be quite interesting. i believe that it will show that the combination of long length plus wide girth is rare. in a previous "definitive penis survey" results i found that my length put me in the top 10%, my circumference was in the top 5%, but on volume i was in the top 1%. i look forward to seeing the lpsg results.

any comments?

an8x7

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by bilbobagginsx+Jun 11 2004, 03:55 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bilbobagginsx @ Jun 11 2004, 03:55 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-HORSEHUNGshowoff@Jun 11 2004, 07:20 AM
just curious WHY would you rather be rich instead of HUNG ?
Look at that guy over there.

He&#39;s homeless, unemployed, divorced, owes a whole lot of child support, keeps all his belongings in a single grocery cart, gets arrested almost every day for loitering, eats out of dumpsters, gets called all sorts of names and his beard has vermin in it.

But that&#39;s okay.

He&#39;s hung like a horse&#33; :wub: [/b][/quote]
And let&#39;s do a quick thought experiment: Take monozygotic (so-called identical) twins and put one in Beverly Hills and give the other to a couple street bums. The Beverly Hills kid will likely be more hung. He&#39;ll also be taller, stronger, have a higher IQ, and have a longer lifespan.