Penis problem

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by scratch, Jan 20, 2008.

1. scratch

scratch New Member

So... I've been lurking on here for a really, really long time. And I certainly never thought my first post would be about this. But I'm not sure where else to turn. Sex is a battlefield.

Since November, every time I ejaculate, my piss slit gets very inflamed and sore. The pink, irritated skin usually gets better after a day or two. But this irritation happens every single time I come. I haven't had sex with anyone since this started, in case it's something I might spread. But I've been to the doctor several times and been tested each time for syphilis, chlamydia, and gonorrhea -- always negative.

I did have an outbreak of genital herpes three weeks ago. I took a three-day course of Valtrex, but this other problem pre-dates the herpes outbreak and persists even after the Valtrex.

I think I'm going to go to a urologist instead of to my primary-care doctor for this. In the meantime, does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

2. Hellboy0

Gold Member

Albums:
    Hmmm...check your lube? And be sure nothing else is going IN the slit.

But it sounds like a UTI...go get it checked and stop asking us. You're wasting time.

3. B_quietguy

B_quietguy New Member

I once had a similar problem - piss slit stung a tiny bit when peeing. I finally figured out the problem - soap. Some soaps dry out the skin, so if you use that kind of soap, make sure you rinse completely. And rinse soon after you wash your cock.

Hope that helps. If that does not help, check with a doctor. Or perhaps somebody else here can provide some insights.

4. justine

justine Member

Just completed a seven day antibiotic of keflex 500 mg. for an infected toe. After jacking the other evening I woke up to a painful red penis. The head was fire red and the burning was unbearable. After a visit to the doc found out believe it or not it was a yeast infection. I questioned the doc that I thought only women get a yeast infection. He said read up on these infections in men on the net. I was told to use monistat and put the cream on the red area. This is the second day of treatment and the redness is going away and the pain is also gone. I now have a completely different opinion on why women complain so much when they have this experience.

5. ToBe

ToBe New Member

Yeah, antibiotics kill off naturally present bacteria, allowing cadida (a fungus) to overgrow.

6. scratch

scratch New Member

Hey, thanks for the advice.

I went to the urologist this week. He massaged my prostate (that's what they call it, you know -- even though it hurt like a bitch) and ran tests on my prostatic fluid. He found that the fluid was full of pus. He said it was likely a case of prostatitis, and he prescribed Ciprofloxacin, an antibiotic, which I've been taking for several days now.

So far, I notice no change. The red irritation comes and goes, but there's always a varying degree of pain. I asked the urologist if I it were a good idea to ejaculate with this condition; he said that ejaculating shouldn't pose a problem -- even though the sore always seems to worsen after I ejaculate. He also said that the tender pink spot surrounding my piss slit is "normal."

Quack. Methinks it may be wise to seek a second opinion.

Draft saved Draft deleted