Penis Size Debate

dude_007

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
also, that is untrue that none of my opinions are backed by real studies and I am just making this all up. I am just lazy. I'll post a few even though they are so prevalent this should not be necessary.

http://dfred.bol.ucla.edu/LeverFrederickPeplau-2006PMM-PenisSizeSatisfaction.pdf

BMC Women's Health | Full text | Penis size: Survey of female perceptions of sexual satisfaction

If you want further information on the penis size and race myth, I suggest you read Black Skin, White Mask by Julien Frantz

I will point out that the second of your two studies, apparently listed to support your claim that science is clearly on the side of people who claim size doesn't matter, does in fact state: " it may be that Masters and Johnson were wrong about penis size having little or no physiological effect on women's sexual satisfaction...The results reflect either a psychological preference or a true physiological reality, but we cannot say which, with the present method that was employed"

Also, if size didn't matter, why are you spending so much time on the subject?

pete543

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I will point out that the second of your two studies, apparently listed to support your claim that science is clearly on the side of people who claim size doesn't matter, does in fact state: " it may be that Masters and Johnson were wrong about penis size having little or no physiological effect on women's sexual satisfaction...The results reflect either a psychological preference or a true physiological reality, but we cannot say which, with the present method that was employed"

Yeah, I already said this.

pete543

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Also, if size didn't matter, why are you spending so much time on the subject?[/QUOTE]

there is a difference in believing its untrue that bigger is better, and believing the debate over size preference isn't worth talking or reading about.

pete543

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
i admit the debate does get a bit silly though, since many men refuse to accept that size isn't important even though almost all women think this idea is ridiculous. Perhaps more focus should be paid on something that has been absolutely conclusively demonstrated by sexologists. such as the fact that male physical attractiveness (particularly facial semetricality) has the highest correlation with prevalence of female sexual orgasm. Guess uglies with big dicks who think they're women are satisfied are mistaken....

pete543

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
True, but it leaves it entirely open.
Which means that there is no implication that you don't like a cock of any size up your ass.

I mean this in the nicest way possible, but I have the feeling you didn't do so hot on standardized reading tests.

pete543

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
No, I did outstandingly well, pete.
You are arguing in the loosest manner possible.
I suspect you don't see that.

Not going to continue responding to you. I don't mean this to be offensive, but it just seems to me you don't have the level of education required to follow me.

ConanTheBarber

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Not going to continue responding to you. I don't mean this to be offensive, but it just seems to me you don't have the level of education required to follow me.
I can't follow you because you make less sense than you think.
There is only minimal connection between your premises and your conclusions -- not always, but frequently.
My level of education might surprise you were I inclined to discuss it.
But I'm not.
That's not the topic.

Last edited:

dude_007

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
"Regarding the second study you cited, you might have noted this conclusion drawn by the authors and stated in the abstract:
"Implications are discussed, including the fact that the data seem to contradict Masters and Johnson about penis size having no physiological effect on female sexual satisfaction". In other words, the authors are saying that their findings support the notion that penis size does have a physiological effect on female sexual satisfaction."

Lets read the abstract and conclusion a little more carefully: they state the findings of their psychological study show women's opinions are contrary to the physiological findings of the Masters and Johnson. They make no claim about the notion that penis size has a physiological effect.

This is false. They claim "The results reflect either a psychological preference or a true physiological reality, but we cannot say which"

Your own "proof" negates your claim.

However, given your haughty argumentation and personal attacks, I see no need to continue. Not worth it.

ConanTheBarber

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Wasn't making an attack against you, just the level of discourse.
Which you linked to my apparently inadequate education.
You are a very self-deceived lad.
Do you know that?
Now let us agree to each turn our attention to people we find more worthy of encounter.

pete543

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Even stated I didn't mean it to be taken personally. I simply prefer to carry out my conversations with other Phd students and the discussion gets tedious. Your statement that i dont stand tall, actually is an ad-hominem, but I don't care, because you are mistaken.

ShannonH

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
This whole thread is based on a really weak starting point.
Of course size matters. You'll never penetrate anything if it's 1cm long, and you'll probably die a virgin if it's as big as your head. Just asking whether or not something 'matters' or not is a waste of energy.
Better questions would be:
- How are preferences for different dick sizes distributed among the population you're interested in having sex with?
- How important are empirical qualities of a penis to those people in the first place? Posters here love saying 'all other things being equal', but when it comes to human beings, things are never equal. If choosing between two guys, one who's 5"x4" and another who's 6"x5", how common is it that more people would choose the guy with one inch less on his dick if he stood one inch taller? How many would prefer the guy with the smaller dick if he baked pancakes with blueberries in them? How many would prefer the smaller dicked guy just because he has a smaller dick?

The one thing I am fairly certain of, is that a dick's owner cares way, way more how big it is than anybody else ever will.

pete543

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
agree with all of this. and the only reason I started with the sentences I did, is because usually the question if size matters is referring to if bigger is better.

1kmb1

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
It's clear that science is on the side of those who say penis size doesn't matter. How can the opposition possibly respond to that?

science is clearly on the "penis size does matter" side.

this is why we have the largest penis (in both absolute size and proportional size) of all primates.

we evolved a large penis because our females actively choose their partners; as compared to the gorilla which controls a harem of females, and has a tiny penis.

ie large penises are desirable to human females.

(obviously simplified for convenience)

pete543

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
science is clearly on the "penis size does matter" side.

this is why we have the largest penis (in both absolute size and proportional size) of all primates.

we evolved a large penis because our females actively choose their partners; as compared to the gorilla which controls a harem of females, and has a tiny penis.

ie large penises are desirable to human females.

(obviously simplified for convenience)

how does the fact that humans as a species have a larger penis than a gorilla entail that human females use penis size as a criterion for selecting other human males? Even, if you manage to connect these ideas somehow, seems like it would be a pretty tenuous connection.

also what on earth makes you think gorillas do not participate in sexual selection???????