Penis size v male dominance

CarolinaLiar

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Most people refer to a big penis as a penis of an alpha male, a big strong man, a man in control. I have an interesting thought for someone who believes and understands the mechanism of evolution....

Do you think the average penis size evolved to be larger from cultures where the men were less dominant, and the women were the ones to choose lovers?

Think about it, there is little correlation between a man's penis size and other genetic factors indicative of success. Sure, they are more confident, but that is due to our current society.

Gonad

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
There is a thought that penis size contributes to fertility when there is more than one man involved. If a woman has sex with several men as you might expect in the ancient world, then it seems likely that the man with the longest penis would be the one whose sperm gets to the eggs best.

I find it less likely that women would choose their mates based on penis size in the ancient world. Surely they had more important things to consider in times before technology and civilization, such as matters of life and death.

A large penis alone wouldn't be enough to make someone an alpha male, but I expect even in ancient times it would have been embarrassing to have a small penis. It was probably very hard to be an alpha male with a small penis.

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
There is a thought that penis size contributes to fertility when there is more than one man involved. If a woman has sex with several men as you might expect in the ancient world, then it seems likely that the man with the longest penis would be the one whose sperm gets to the eggs best.

I find it less likely that women would choose their mates based on penis size in the ancient world. Surely they had more important things to consider in times before technology and civilization, such as matters of life and death.

A large penis alone wouldn't be enough to make someone an alpha male, but I expect even in ancient times it would have been embarrassing to have a small penis. It was probably very hard to be an alpha male with a small penis.

Hate to dispute you Gonad, but ancient Greek/Roman society looked down on a large penis. Small penises were considered asthecticly pleasant, and large penises grotesque.

Reactions: JohnnyDanger610

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I'm glad I wasn't living in that time period.:eek:

lol...I think I'd be revered as a god back in those days. 6'5", 295 lbs, and a small flacid penis (now I'm pretty big hard, but I'm assuming that guys back in the day didn't walk around with hard-ons all the time lol).

To bad such physical characteristics are not prized now in modern times...:mad:

Gonad

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Ancient Greek/Roman society looked down on a large penis. Small penises were considered asthecticly pleasant, and large penises grotesque.
That's very interesting! Unfortunately, it's only one example of favoring a smaller penis, so it begs the question: Where the Greeks and Romans strange because they were the only ones in history to prefer small ones, or are we strange because preferring big ones is a modern invention?

It's all of history and prehistory that matters for evolution, not just one particular ancient time in one part of the world. Unfortunately, I'm sure it's very hard to find records of those sorts of preferences.

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
State College (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
Pansexual
lol...I think I'd be revered as a god back in those days. 6'5", 295 lbs, and a small flacid penis (now I'm pretty big hard, but I'm assuming that guys back in the day didn't walk around with hard-ons all the time lol).

To bad such physical characteristics are not prized now in modern times...:mad:

Cocks, though, are generally never big when completely flaccid. A lot of times when you see dudes "hanging low" in the locker rooms, they aren't completely soft. A raging hard-on is the only way to really assess a man's true size.

Gonad

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Cocks, though, are generally never big when completely flaccid.
I'm sure that I read somewhere that show-ers are more common than growers. I'm a grower personally and I've never seen anyone who wasn't a grower, but I don't have a wide enough experience to dispute the results of surveys. I suppose it depends on how big is big.

jujube

Cherished Member
Media
Do you think the average penis size evolved to be larger in cultures where the men were less dominant ... ?
Yes, absolutely. This trend may be observed not only among populations of Homo sapiens, but also among other hominoids.

As a rule, among the primates, the more dominating and aggressive the males of a species are, the smaller the average size of their penes will be.

Last edited by a moderator:

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
State College (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
Pansexual
Yes, absolutely. This trend may be observed not only among populations of Homo sapiens, but also among other hominoids.

As a rule, among the primates, the more dominating and aggressive the males of a species are, the smaller the average size of their penes will be.

Is that why real butch men often have small penises (car mechanics, toughnecks, etc):eek:

Lady_Aerayma

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
As for dominance and penis relation i don't really think there is a big correlation. My boyfriend is dominant and consequently we know a lot of people in the life style. and i find on average most of them are not really that well hung. i think the dominance comes from brain chemicals. if you think about it its all in what turns on the man about being dominant. sitting there and telling a woman that she is a dirty little slut and that she should get on her knee's and suck your cock has nothing to do with your cock size. it is all mental stimulation.
As far as women weeding out the big penis' as far as i have read the national average has grown, not decreased. suggesting that even in earlier society perhaps size has a lot more to do with a mans over all confidence. after all if your all bathing in the stream and one of you realizes at a young age you have a bigger dick. your probably going to get the courage up to go hit on the hot young woman a lot sooner than your smaller counter parts. and with such ambitions in mind you would prepare for it sooner as well by working harder, trying to come up with some thing to please her parents that you can provide for her. and staying in better form just to try and catch the womans eye. there are a lot of places in a males life where penis size can affect his efforts.

SR_Blarney_Frank

Experimental Member
Media
Do you think the average penis size evolved to be larger from cultures where the men were less dominant, and the women were the ones to choose lovers?

Shorter answer - no.

Cultures come and go in the span of hundreds of years. Physiological evolution in humans takes on the order of tens of thousands of years.

Last edited by a moderator:

hung4hair

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I'm sure that I read somewhere that show-ers are more common than growers. I'm a grower personally and I've never seen anyone who wasn't a grower, but I don't have a wide enough experience to dispute the results of surveys. I suppose it depends on how big is big.

Pardon my ignorance... Could someone explain who is a "Shower" and who is a "grower"

Lady_Aerayma

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Pardon my ignorance... Could someone explain who is a "Shower" and who is a "grower"
A shower is some one that hangs big, but doesn't really grow much more than an inch or so from that when they become erect. a grower as you might from that statement guesse is some one who hangs at usually half, or less of there actual size when they are flaccid. :cool:

mexdude

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
As for dominance and penis relation i don't really think there is a big correlation. My boyfriend is dominant and consequently we know a lot of people in the life style. and i find on average most of them are not really that well hung. i think the dominance comes from brain chemicals. if you think about it its all in what turns on the man about being dominant. sitting there and telling a woman that she is a dirty little slut and that she should get on her knee's and suck your cock has nothing to do with your cock size. it is all mental stimulation.
As far as women weeding out the big penis' as far as i have read the national average has grown, not decreased. suggesting that even in earlier society perhaps size has a lot more to do with a mans over all confidence. after all if your all bathing in the stream and one of you realizes at a young age you have a bigger dick. your probably going to get the courage up to go hit on the hot young woman a lot sooner than your smaller counter parts. and with such ambitions in mind you would prepare for it sooner as well by working harder, trying to come up with some thing to please her parents that you can provide for her. and staying in better form just to try and catch the womans eye. there are a lot of places in a males life where penis size can affect his efforts.
The averages in men and women grow, not because a special selection, but because people today eat more, so they are taller, bigger and heavier...

TheRob

Legendary Member
Media

in fact in some cultures small penis was prefered
I believe it was the ancient Greeks specifically that felt a large penis was unappealing, then again ancient Greeks were very into analsex and that might be why
who can say

Reactions: JohnnyDanger610

kazooplayer

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
People disregard how substantially life has changed in our short stay here on Earth. I think people in Ancient times were much more concerned with not being skewered by a guard, or whether or not they and their families would starve to death if the crops failed that season, or the ever-present fear of an invading neighbor coming and razing their city to the ground.

Sure, a big dick has pretty much always been seen and used in art as a symbol of fertility, but I would wager it was way down on the list of attributes that would help you mate. A powerful man could probably fuck a few times as many women as a guy who simply had a big dick, and I would bet that more small-dicked dudes - if the society saw it as a shortcoming at all - would be motivated to work harder at improving their status, making small-dick dudes at the top of the power structure more likely.

Either way, I don't think dick size has very much to do with selection.

hung4hair

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
A shower is some one that hangs big, but doesn't really grow much more than an inch or so from that when they become erect. a grower as you might from that statement guesse is some one who hangs at usually half, or less of there actual size when they are flaccid. :cool:

Thanks Lady_Aerayam for the response. Very interesting and I am definitely learning a lot here at LPSG...:wink:

I am guessing there probably were multiple threads on this specific subject "Shower vs. Grower...:redface:

B_625girth

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hate to dispute you Gonad, but ancient Greek/Roman society looked down on a large penis. Small penises were considered asthecticly pleasant, and large penises grotesque.

that was just the public image, behind close doors or curtains, big cocks were in big demand