Pennies in urinals

B_Lightkeeper

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
No....this isn't a song title!

I was in a public restroom the other day and noticed where someone had thrown a few pennies down in the urinal. Being as frugal as I am (sometimes), I made sure no one else was in, and flushed several times then picked them up and pocketed them.
I doubt if I would do this in a toilet...especially if it hadn't been flushed...but figured in a urinal, it would be ok after washing my hands good with soap and water before I left.

Picking up coins in parking lots is a habit although I almost got hit one time at WalMart! I doubt the few cents I got would have helped with my hospital (or morgue) bill.:tongue:

Onslow

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

I was in a public restroom the other day and noticed where someone had thrown a few pennies down in the urinal. Being as frugal as I am (sometimes), I made sure no one else was in, and flushed several times then picked them up and pocketed them.
I doubt if I would do this in a toilet...especially if it hadn't been flushed...but figured in a urinal, it would be ok after washing my hands good with soap and water before I left.

Picking up coins in parking lots is a habit although I almost got hit one time at WalMart! I doubt the few cents I got would have helped with my hospital (or morgue) bill.:tongue:
:wtf2:

And people say I'm strange--well, whaterver works for you.

To each his own. I sure wouldn't do it
Yup. And neither would I.
"Spending a penny" is a euphemism for urinating, at least in the UK. Perhaps your benefactor was a overly nostalgic Brit.
Or he was very drunk--the penny thrower that is.

I wouldn't do it for pennies or nickels or dimes. Possibly would, if sufficiently insane and they were quarters or half dollars or dollar coins. No amount of flushing and hand washing would be sufficient. The traces of urine remain in that basin and then sift under the fingernails--UGGHH!

And what if you globbed along a pubic hair as you reached in? :eek5: :eek5: :eek22: UGGHH!

For a few soiled pennies? You don't even know who all was pissing away on those coins--and you didn't even get to be a spectator.

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
:wtf2:

I wouldn't do it for pennies or nickels or dimes.
Possibly would, if sufficiently insane and they were quarters or half dollars or dollar coins.
--UGGHH!

That sounds like something a high class whore would say.:biggrin1:

I was in a public restroom the other day and noticed where someone had thrown a few pennies down in the urinal...

I think that they were using it as a wishing well.:wink:

agnslz

Loved Member
Media

Oh the joy I remember of the time when I once found a whole dollar in quarters in the parking lot at Target. They were all in a line, and I wondered afterward whether someone wasn't playing a joke on me or whether I was on some stupid hidden camera show. I was damn happy that I found them, though!

Still, I'm pretty frugal and cheap myself, but I don't know if I'd be willing to put my hand into a urinal for mere pennies. Perhaps dimes. Quarters, I would definitely consider!:biggrin:

roosevelt

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ha! I wonder if this was at a bar that I frequent...

I always drop coins in the urinal to see if anyone fishes them out before the next time I'm there :)

Always amazes me, but they never last more than a day or two....

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media

I was in a public restroom the other day and noticed where someone had thrown a few pennies down in the urinal.

I see that they took the expression "To spend a penny" literally.:wink:

Penny - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

To "spend a penny" in British idiom means to urinate. The etymology of the phrase is literal; some public toilets used to be coin-operated, with a pre-decimal penny being the charge levied. Eventually, at around the same time as the introduction of decimal coinage, British Rail gradually introduced better public toilets with the name Superloo and the much higher charge of 6d.[1] The government advised that in speech the new units should be called "pee" to distinguish them from the older "pennies" or "pence".[2] This led to the mournful complaint of "5p a pee!" at the station toilet charge.