People abandoning pets due to bad economy

dickman45885

Sexy Member
Media
My wife has adopted Scotties, at this point 7. Two she adopted have died. All of the dogs she has adopted were rescues. A couple were mill dogs, one, Norma, a breeding bitch who was to be put down because she could not produce. Norma was the sweetest girl...just wanted to love you up and be loved. Another mill dog Clancy just loves to play. The Big Boys were also rescues. They cost her a lot of money, I help with the costs. They are her company when I am gone. I could not imagine life for her without them. and theirs without her. Sometimes I think she thinks more of them then she does me and our daughters.

TwasBrillig

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Maybe you think too much. If only someone else thought the way you do there might not be so many suffering animals. Or, is else, making them less alive?

Charles Finn

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
yes most dollar stores do carry pet food just not a huge selection
and I feed my cats Dads cat food or the cheap stuff with scraps in between
it is the cat litter that i am having trouble affording

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I agree that it's horrible to just abandon pets, and that there are some scumbags who dump them just because they become "inconvenient."
Those are the people who should be tarred and feathered.

But if you have not lived in one of the areas with such volatile and dangerous employment & housing markets, it's much easier to look down your nose at someone whose house just got foreclosed.
Most of these people are not lazy, and they are not choosing cable TV over the mortgage payment. Most of them are hardworking people who, due to a complex set of circumstances beyond their control, suddenly find themselves homeless.
That's all I'm saying.
*SNIP*
I love animals, but there's a reason I don't have any pets at this time. And while it would be ideal if everyone who found themselves unable to care for a pet would find it a good home, I can also understand how a family worried about their next meal could make that a lower priority.
Thank you for understanding what I was trying to say! :smile: I'm not saying that pet care shouldn't be a priority. I am saying that sometimes things get desperate.

I'd take out a loan to get vet care if I couldn't afford it out of my pocket...
:lmao: If you're in foreclosure you aren't eligible for a loan. The only place you might get some money is from Larry the Loan Shark and even he would consider you a poor risk. :tongue:

B_cigarbabe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Does this thread have to do with pets or politics? Most of the working poor in this country arent helpless, they have acryllic nails, cell phones and car payments.People should be given a prison sentence for purposely leaving their animals to starve...i don't see honest homeowners doing this. Usually they are renters who skip on rent and leave their apartment in shambles so the landlord can call me to clean it up.

I We all get flat tires, or medical bills. Hell i've had the collectors after me for them recently, but hard times does not equate starving your animals. We don't live in a 3rd world country.

*snip

I don't know where you got this "info" from Rouge but it is not
only the renters who abandon their pets.
I have seen plenty of homeowners not in financial trouble
dump their pets at a shelter,or tie them to a tree, or just leave them out in the street because they didn't take the time to train the poor animals
to be housebroken. This is far from a "poor folks in the city" problem.
As far as living in a "third world country" goes, we don't live in a third world nation but we sure act like we do! Why we don't even take care of the people who need care the most like the disabled, the elderly, the mentally disabled, or the hungry.
What about taking care of our people and the animals for a change in the U.S.? Stop blaming stereotypes of the "poor" for the messes we get ourselves into.
Jaysus!
cigarbabe:saevil: