People afraid to show their cock..what is the deal?

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by pdxman, Feb 7, 2010.

1. pdxman

pdxman New Member

Witness in the locker room..guys who go to the only shower stall thats curtained and slam the curtain across like someone is gonna spy their weiner..or dudes that have a towel wrapped around them and put their underwear on while the towel is still wrapped around them,,too funny. Some of these guys are sporting pretty big dicks too. Dont understand the modesty.

2. D_Andreas Sukov

D_Andreas Sukov Account Disabled

Maybe they dont want people perving on them?
    Maybe they were told something horrible by a person and they dont want other people seeing it?
    Maybe they are massive homophobes?
    Maybe they are afraid they will get hard, so try and hide it?

Maybe, Just maybe, they are simply uncomfortable being naked infront of people

3. pdxman

pdxman New Member

Right yeah, but are they so "afraid" that they have to struggle and manuever the underwear on under their towel and make a big production out of it? Fuck dude,,just whip the towel off and put your underwear on,,it takes 1 second lol

4. Dikpig

Dikpig New Member

Albums:
    agree with u whole heartedly pdxman. I always thought that was one of the things that set us apart from women, was our ability to be naked in front of each other. It many cultures men hang naked with each other quite often. It must be the affects of growing up in a repressed society or the affects of being raised by repressed parents (usually the mother) who find nudity shameful. I know I grew in a family like that but was able to shake free of it. Now I can whip it out anywhere!

5. D_Cateryke Cheesysmell

There's always a time and place to whip it out. I don't understand people who think that 'in the lockerroom after a workout' isn't the time or place. I mean, come on, nobody really cares if you get hard in the shower, just don't poke anybody with it....

6. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    Why do you care what someone else is or is not showing in the locker room? It's a free country and they can do what they want. Same as you are free to judge them and I am free to think you are wasting your mental energy by doing so.

7. beretta8

Gold Member

Albums:
    Bunch of teasers..

8. invisibleman

Gold Member

The reason why I do it. I have Bath and Body Works AROMATHERAPY soaps and shower gel. I ain't sharing them with every man in the gym. I will shank a fool over my B+BW products.:rolleyes:

9. B_mitchymo

B_mitchymo New Member

I agree.

If someone cares so much it suggests that they WANT to see what's being hidden.

10. LuvMensCocks

LuvMensCocks New Member

Maybe a lifetime of teasing about a small cock makes a person so modestly shy it actually makes going to the bathroom in a public place really stressful.

Those of you that stand back and proudly display your cocks at the urinal have no idea the effect it has on someone who is so shy about it it makes them seek out the safety of an enclosed stall.

To be humiliated as a youngster and on into high school has ever lasting effects on someone. Yes, I have this fear. Before any of you jump on me about my phobia, You will have no idea what I have gone through. I also know that everyone will say "What do you give a fuck about what people think" Walk a mile in my shoes and you will know. Insecurity carries throughout your entire life.

I am for sure more of a grower, NOT at all a shower. I am this big guy with a small cock. Until it gets hard then I have been called "The Girth" and told I bottom out. After a lifetime of teasing and ridicule it tends to make me cynical and think that I am just being told this because we are together. However I have never failed to make him cum hands free while pounding his ass. So even though I was given the equipment I have, I was blessed with the talent to use it and use it well.

Don't suggest therapy, Been there and done that. The next time you want to be an ass about it and see a guy who ditches the open urinal next to you and heads to the stall, Give him a break and don't judge him.

11. Pecker Check

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I understand what Lemon and Vince are saying - individuals have every right to do what makes them comfortable and avoid what doesn't. What baffles me about all of this is the TREND. Forty (plus) years ago when I was in high school and college, this sort of modesty would have called great attention to itself as the exception. Now it's pretty much the norm. What has happened? I live in the town where I attended college, so I have access to the school's fitness center. The only men who use the (open) shower facilities are the ones in their forties or older. The young guys all go through any contortion possible to avoid being seen naked, not only by us old farts but by each other. I'm not talking about one or two; I mean the whole lot of them. It simply makes me wonder what has happened.

12. D_Cateryke Cheesysmell

Try growing up in an environment where you've been bombarded with the message that every older guy is a pervert and the slightest misplaced glance or gesture makes you an insta-homo...you'd be paranoid too.

13. B_mitchymo

B_mitchymo New Member

The change is probably due to the recognition that nowadays it is not just women that have sexual value. Letting it all hang out could be uncomfortable to those not wanting to be leered at or alternatively perhaps they don't want interest solely on their package size.

14. Wish-4-8

Gold Member

Do you guys leave the door open in the stall when you take a shit? Do you want to see other guys look at you when you wipe yourself? Whats the differance?, (if you see a differance.)

Its a privacy issue. Some guys dont like to share their nakedness. I dont. I want to be in and out of the changing room ASAP.

15. RalDudeHangin

RalDudeHangin Member

^^^^^
    This.

Today, you can't even compliment someone on looking nice because it could be sexual harassment.

Spanking and yelling at a child is child abuse.

There have been news blurbs about 6 year little boys getting suspended because they kissed a girl.

Is it any wonder people are twisted about something so natural as nudity?

Throw in the fact that the Internet almost emphasizes socialization without face to face contact, is it any wonder people are twisted about something so natural as nudity?

And to top it off, I agree with those that have said there can also be lots of long lasting psychological issues from childhood that might be in play. I can say for myself, growing up "husky", I was always at the mean end of a joke. Even today, that's still with me in some ways . . . even tho I'm fit, gl, and much to my spiteful pleasure :)~ look 10 - 15 years younger than my class mates. Indeed I look like I did in senior year HS and college. (Knock on wood . . . heh heh ... "wood")

But I still tend to be a bit shy in the locker rooms. I'll drop my drawers and change but I also don't see anything wrong with pulling up underwear under a towel.

To each their own.

Besides, if others were more modest, it would keep my eyes from roaming. :biggrin1:

16. Pecker Check

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    And again, I say I'm curious about the trend. The fact that the pendulum has swung so far toward privacy might suggest that there were a lot more very unhappy participants in the high school/college experience in my youth. My family moved when I was about to go into the 9th grade. I had been in a small school system before that and there were no real gym facilities. One day I had to go to a larger school and take off my clothes in a locker room. I was terrified, but it didn't really take all that long (since the climate was that "guys just do this") before I grew comfortable with it. I guess that particular dynamic doesn't happen now. (By the way, my eyesight without glasses is so miserable that nobody need worry about my seeing much anyway.)

17. cltpilot

Gold Member

I understand that some men may be private and not like to show, but come on. Some of these guys practically fall over themselves to get their underwear on under the towel they have wrapped around them. To each their own, but I think it is freakin hilarious to watch the towel dancers.

It did used to bother me but the older I get I just don't care...if you want to look, look. If you want to admire, admire just don't touch ;)

18. cwboy22

cwboy22 New Member

Albums:
    I find the opposite is true. The towel dancers are the ones perving on me or looking down because I shower naked. I do what I need to do and then I am out of there.

19. mattsrod7

Gold Member

Albums:
    doing the towel dance isn't like a major burden. people always thinks it must take "forever" and "greatly inconveniences" us. Its not like we're sacrificing a limb to not be seen. Its taking like 4 extra seconds to pull up underwear with a towel on. it's no big deal. obviously there's a reason like to keep other people from looking at it and avoid oncommings by that person.

20. mr_unattractive

mr_unattractive New Member

Personally, I don't care about it unless I see someone gawking about trying to get a view. Then I will turn away or cover up or find a booth. Not into giving free jollies to pervs.

Draft saved Draft deleted