People and accountability/doesn't exist

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by D_Marazion Analdouche, Nov 24, 2008.

1. D_Marazion Analdouche

I've always kinda hated people, ok maybe not hated, but heavily disliked, however this stuff pushes me over the edge. What ever happened to being accountable for your own lives? I mean seriously, if in this day and age you don't understand that certain things are harmful to you and should be avoided, maybe it is time to find a big island and start dropping people off via boat.

I'll take the first load over and start with the "Hollywood makes me feel fat so I need to starve myself" people, that way I can fit more and don't have to worry about provide a mid-cruise meal.

These people have made it on the "get on the boat" list so far.

People eat at fast food joints because they make well.......tasty food with lots of fat in it and then sue them.

Airlines cannot charge people for their fat asses taking up an entire row or they get sued.

Mcdonalds has hot coffee that burns people, gets sued because people are too stupid to use a cupholder.

Smokers kill people and the evil marketing of big tobacco targets kids so it must be their fault let's sue them too.

Bartenders need to babysit their customers so they don’t drive off and kill someone and then end up getting sued.

Heavy Metal music seems to be ok for the rest of us in the general population, but a couple strung out kids blow their heads off and the parents don't want to see or look at how they fucked up, so they sue.

#1 D_Marazion Analdouche, Nov 24, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2008
  2. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

I think it's a Boston thing.

3. nudeyorker

Gold Member

I think the system has made it easier to blame someone else than take any responsibility for your decisions and mistakes.

4. Domisoldo

Gold Member

Albums:

Here is a chance to found that clamored "third party": The Party of Individual Responsibility.

The GOP used to stand for individual responsibility, but one only has to look at how well those CEO failures are faring today (yes, even today) to understand that both political parties have deviated from this fundamental principle.

5. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

When a society gets so good at providing its members with a good, safe, healthy and entertaining life....

You end up with generations being born who imagine that a long, safe, healthy and entertaining life is their god given right...

And when anything happens to fuck that up... they want someone to be held responsible.

Its also what comes of giving EVERY kid a trophy... and culture wide efforts to improve children's "self esteem" without that self esteem be associated with any kind of merit or accomplishment.

People think THEY should live rich because everyone they see on TV lives rich.

People are not enraged over the Iraq war because the government has made it against the law to publish PICTURES of Iraqi women and children blown to pieces...
    And in our media savvy- "let US imagine it FOR you" world, the people have lost the ability to imagine or understand anything they have not been SHOWN.

6. earllogjam

Gold Member

What about CEO's of failing companies that are getting BONUSES this Christmas on top of their $20 million yearly salary!

What about overpaid government employees getting 14 days of paid Holiday a year, on top of 3 weeks vacation, lifetime pension, and lifetime healthcare benefits being financed by the private sector who toil to pay for all this excess when we ourselves become desolate wage slaves (French Revolution anyone)?

What happened to all the ENRON traders and crooks who go unpunished and kept all their ill gotten loot without even a slap on the wrist?

What about you eating up 25% of the world's energy and denying that global warming is a reality?

What about the crack addicted mother who can't raise her child?

What about telling little Johnny that he shouldn't work hard in school because he has ADD, childhood diabetes, dyslexia and can't help but be second rate? Hell, it's not his fault. He was born that way. It's genetic. Why even try?

Personal accountability only prevails when there are whistle blowers like journalists, or leaders who insist on justice and retribution and personal conviction. Sadly it seems that it's much easier to shift the blame on anything or whomever other than yourself - not very encouraging for character development and on the macro scale the society and world.

#6 earllogjam, Nov 24, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2008
  7. Drifterwood

Gold Member

But have we got to the point where some have no concept of being seriously f'ing dumb and there are those :rolleyes: who will advocate in their favour for a handsome :smile: fee?

8. Gillette

Gold Member

Albums:
    It would be one thing if that were all there was to it. Fleecing the truly stupid seems like a worthy enterprise.

The horror of it is that sometimes the system finds in their favour.:eek:

Steaming coffee is hot and can scald you!? Who'd have thunk it?

9. nudeyorker

Gold Member

Don't roll your eyes at me mister! Or I'll sue you!

10. Drifterwood

Gold Member

Smart people supply the demand - seriously smart people create the demand.

I remember that one - A boy named Sue? :biggrin1:

Sue, my arse! I'll whoop yours. :tongue:

11. nudeyorker

Gold Member

Oh yeah? You and how many girls are you going to get to try and help you?

12. Drifterwood

Gold Member

Trust me - I know girls that would have us both running :wink:

13. nudeyorker

Gold Member

I have no doubt:wink:

14. Drifterwood

Gold Member

I reckon they'd show a gay guy more mercy - sad you're so macho. :biggrin1:

15. D_Marazion Analdouche

I want to be chased by a flock of women that can beat my ass:frown1:

16. D_Fiona_Farvel

D_Fiona_Farvel Account Disabled

Shit, where do I sign up?

17. D_Marazion Analdouche

Stands by with clipboard in hand.....

18. Gillette

Gold Member

Albums:
    *Beats Wartrac's ass while back is turned*

19. B_starinvestor

B_starinvestor New Member

Everything you list here points at the legal community/lawsuits. I'm sure John Edwards is particularly admirable on your list. Edwards and his ilk need a little of this: :smashfreakB:

20. nudeyorker

Gold Member

If only it was that simple!

Draft saved Draft deleted