Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
gives Marley a Chamomile IV

thankyou madem. just made me mad cuz my friend noel had epilepsy and seizures are no joke. PS i have beef with you, with your writing style you should've contributed to the national poetry month thread. do you write or journal at all?? ever thought about writing erotic poetry??

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I used to get all sorts of accolades for poetry...then i got a mortgage. The rest is history.

Every once in a while i run across some of my old writings. I wish i still had the impulse to write. I think i get typed out here and have no energy left.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I used to get all sorts of accolades for poetry...then i got a mortgage. The rest is history.

Every once in a while i run across some of my old writings. I wish i still had the impulse to write. I think i get typed out here and have no energy left.

i know whatcha mean. i'm moving into my first house in a few weeks and writing is serving as a good distraction for all the packing i'm going to do at the last minute. if you ever find a free (however long it takes you to write) post something in your blog, few people articulate their sexuality the way you do, making it sound more poetic than the usual innuendo associated with sex.

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

Experimental Member
Media
Oh, son of a FUCK NO! My fiancee has epilepsy, and they don't yet have the technology to home in on the exact source of her seizures, since either there's multiple focal points or it's starting too far below the surface of the brain. We're counting on the work of the epilepsy foundation to either keep her healthcare affordable or to make the technological progress needed to make surgical treatment possible for her.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Oh, son of a FUCK NO! My fiancee has epilepsy, and they don't yet have the technology to home in on the exact source of her seizures, since either there's multiple focal points or it's starting too far below the surface of the brain. We're counting on the work of the epilepsy foundation to either keep her healthcare affordable or to make the technological progress needed to make surgical treatment possible for her.

you're a good man for sticking with her, some people hold a stigma against it, i'd be lying if i said i wasn't weirded out when i first saw someone have a seizure. many people don't understand it and shy away from it. i'm gonna say two prayers about that affordable healthcare cuz, for our generation, anything being affordable is becoming a fantasy. hopefully this work the EF will be able to continue UNINTERRUPTED. the fbi is investigating and hopefully we'll be hearing about some convictions soon, with technology these thugs can't be impossible to trace (though if they can pull this off they probably know their way around a computer)

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

Experimental Member
Media
Thanks, man. I knew nothing about it before I got with her, but I gotta say I've learned a lot in the 2 1/2 years since then, some for her benefit and some for my own curiosity. One thing is certain, the nature of her case is extremely rare. Aside from the deep and/or multiple focal points, nobody knows why she has epilepsy at all or exactly what triggers her seizures. Anxiety and panic seem to play an integral role in them, but that's all we really know. As for how it started, it just sort of happened one day when she was a child. No family history hinted at it, there was no injury, no drug exposure, nothing. It just... happened.

They may have the technology now, what with the advent of epidural and subdural nodes for the EEG scans. But we want to wait a couple more years for those to develop further. Last time she went in for surgery (before we met), it was absolutely fruitless and a lot of trouble for no results. So she wants to be quite certain that she'll be able to come out of it treated before she goes under the knife again.

And I really fucking hope they get these guys, just on principle alone. If there's a class action suit or any such, she'll have no part in it for having not gone on their website. But still, they deserve to suffer either way.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Thanks, man. I knew nothing about it before I got with her, but I gotta say I've learned a lot in the 2 1/2 years since then, some for her benefit and some for my own curiosity. One thing is certain, the nature of her case is extremely rare. Aside from the deep and/or multiple focal points, nobody knows why she has epilepsy at all or exactly what triggers her seizures. Anxiety and panic seem to play an integral role in them, but that's all we really know. As for how it started, it just sort of happened one day when she was a child. No family history hinted at it, there was no injury, no drug exposure, nothing. It just... happened.

They may have the technology now, what with the advent of epidural and subdural nodes for the EEG scans. But we want to wait a couple more years for those to develop further. Last time she went in for surgery (before we met), it was absolutely fruitless and a lot of trouble for no results. So she wants to be quite certain that she'll be able to come out of it treated before she goes under the knife again.

And I really fucking hope they get these guys, just on principle alone. If there's a class action suit or any such, she'll have no part in it for having not gone on their website. But still, they deserve to suffer either way.

thank god that, so far, there were no cases reported of anyone actually suffering seizures, just a few close calls, but that's like shooting at someone with intent to kill and missing, the intent alone is enough to get you in prison. i consider it a victory that no one suffered more than temporary discomfort, their sick experiment was a bust. i pray that they're NOT smarter than the fbi. i know squat about computers but i'd hope this is easy to track, and the fact that there were no victims is irrelevant because of the nature of their intentions.

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

Experimental Member
Media
I'm sure (or atleast optimistic) that they have substantial IP tracking software on their website. If these schmucks have gone to the trouble of ducking that radar, that's just a sign of the intent of further malice as far as I'm concerned. After all, that would equate to consciously leaving themselves the opportunity to try again, perhaps attacking those of a different malady.
Also, what some of these people consider a close call could have been petty-mal seizures. Some people with epilepsy only ever have grand-mals, so that could very well be the case with them. And that's still enough to cause minor brain damage. Very very minor, but still nothing to joke about.