People think you're gay but you're not

B_IanTheTall

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
playainda336 said:
You weren't hinting on anyone in particular were you? lol :biggrin1:

No, I would never drop hints; I spend to much time helping people put their jaws back, after they drop those.

Think of it this way, the Church of Holy Mind Fuck might not believe in Psychology, but I'll bet they believe in Artificial Insemination. :wink:

B_IanTheTall

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
sometimesomewhere said:
why does being from California make you gay? that's another question...

and i'm supprised that they didn't try to hit you with thier car. that always seems to happen to me when i ride my bicycle.

I think she was saying only Californians would ride a bicycle. He was commenting on wearing a helmet. I think he may have tried to hit me, either that or all Buick drivers are just so bad that they forget they outside mirrors because they never use them.

BTW. I've believe that all those awful Oldsmobile drivers have switched to being god awful Buick drivers. OK OK I know I'm over generalizing but I like riding a bike and Oldsmobiles and Buicks where the cars that always came the closest to mirroring me. Now it happens less with Oldsmobiles, but much more with Buicks. While I'm busily irritating people, did I forget to mention that this happened around the start of the first era defined by a mistake known as George Bush.

sometimesomewhere

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
IanTheTall said:
I think she was saying only Californians would ride a bicycle. He was commenting on wearing a helmet. I think he may have tried to hit me, either that or all Buick drivers are just so bad that they forget they outside mirrors because they never use them.

BTW. I've believe that all those awful Oldsmobile drivers have switched to being god awful Buick drivers. OK OK I know I'm over generalizing but I like riding a bike and Oldsmobiles and Buicks where the cars that always came the closest to mirroring me. Now it happens less with Oldsmobiles, but much more with Buicks. While I'm busily irritating people, did I forget to mention that this happened around the start of the first era defined by a mistake known as George Bush.

gay for wearing a helmet? that's some specious shit, right there. as if falling down and breaking your helmet in half rather than splitting your skull is homosexual.

i don't wear a helmet, not because people might think i'm gay for wearing it, for christ's sake, my old bike was purple, i just looked like a special person riding my bike with my "kid-in-the-helmet" helmet i had. if anything made me look gay it was my bike.

i've never had one particular trouble with one particular kind of car... i have trouble with the drivers... white ghetto people are the worst. then comes rednecks. and then the cell-phonies. i've had numerous things thrown at me from cars, and sometimes i feel like there's a target on my back that says "swerve at me: i'm poor and uninsured."

and yea, the political climate at the time helps breed ignorance like mushrooms in a stanky dank hamper.

hypolimnas

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think there are all kinds of hazards and opportunities if you leave the house. I have often been mistaken for someone attracted (you guessed it) to pussy. ME!

I would generally take being hit on as a compliment and an indication that people find you attractive --- as long as it is respectuful attention, otherwise ignore it. They are beautiful people too, probably a lot of them are cuter, more hung, richer and more accomplished and widely respected than you are as well.

My own experience is that all kinds of people can find one attractive. It's how they indicate it that makes the difference and possibly even more than that, their attitude. I personally find it most offensive to be hit on by drunk women (Call me a pervert!). Drunk guys are a close second though.

Yip, I've had it all, guys who want me to fuck their wives, intense guys at the gym, school friends (guys) hitting on me, bosses who want me to donate sperm, bosses who wanted me to fuck them. Gay guys and guys (who I think are basically straight) making moves as well and saying that they want to try it with a guy and I'm the one they want to do it with. And I mentioned the drunk girls....Then there are the mothers who want me to date their daughters, me! for gods sake!

How can I say "well maybe, but would they be able to appreciate this up their bottom?"

But I agree, some assumptions can be presented in an annoying way.

I always try not to be offended and say "thanks but no thanks" and maybe give them a compliment. It may be about their shoes, shirt (if it's Armani), or their eyes. But the energy of attraction is always a bit mysterious. I just want to feel that people are respectful and polite, and don't just see me a human dildo. Sexual attraction is an energy that we all need need to dance with rather than fight off or cling to.

emu

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
many people slap the gay label on me because i don't fit the sterotype of the typical jock....although i look like one, i just don't act like one.

I seem to be very intuitive, caring, wise, a big cuddly teddy bear who actually cares about people. but at the same time i can beat you down and kick your ass with two fingers if i feel you need it to be taught a lesson.

usually when i tell people about my sexual experiences, they have a face of bewilderment. the typical response: "i thought you being gay was just a rumor, i can't believe someone like you, as masculine as you are, would do something like that." aren't judgemental hypocrits fun!

here's an interesting story to relate:
i bought the DVD brokeback mountain recently and realized i would rather have the money for other things that were pressing at the time. so i went back to return it for the cash.

there was a long line of people at this Borders i shopped at and there was a lady in her 50's with a young 12 year old girl beside her. she was quite a few feet from me but i could hear her remarks as clear as day. "that's disgusting, why would someone buy such filth," so i turned around to see she was looking at me as she made these comments in response to seeing the DVD i was returning, she had this horrible disgusted look on her face while her assumed daughter or granddaughter was distracted and looking off.

I decided to turn all the way around, i looked at the girl, then looked at the lady in the eyes and said, "i hope you're not teaching her to have that kind of an attitude in being presumptuous and judgemental." her face turned red with embarassment as the girl looked up at her glaringly, all the other people were giggling and whispering as i turned, took my cash with the cashier smiling a nod of approval and walked out.

and here i thought this was 2006, not 1956....

E

Thedrewbert

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
IanTheTall said:

Heh, on another board I use the username Oldsmoboi.... from my Oldsmobile driving tendancies...

B_Danceswithlamps

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Yesh, I've had that at times. A lot of people ask me if I'm gay. As far as I know, I'm not. But hex, what do we know? ;) I can see why i get that, because I'm rather femine... not like I walk around in heels and a dress. (well, actually... explaining in a moment) I have no problem flitting if I have to, I can close my legs over (the female cross legs, the tight one) and it doesn't hurt, I can sing high, and because of my theatre backround, I can tell my friends which eye shadow is her color, and how much is too much. But at the same time, I'm not attracted to men, like the steriotype would be. Who knows? :D

(Explaination) There aren't many boys in theatre. Much less are boys who aren't afraid to cross-dress on stage. I'm one of the boys who aren't afraid to crossdress for the character. (Monty Python! I get all the kewl roles! :D) And I've had to wear a bra and heels before big deal... :D

But don't worry. If you keep getting hit on by gay guys, then you must sure got it goin on! :D Dont' worry about it.

PS: You can really freak people out by telling them that you want to hook up, but warn them that you are a member of some 7day witchcraft human sacrifice cult! They won't ask you again!!! :D

Greekdick69

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I have had this "problem" forever. (Lately a little more) but I think that's because I live in a highly gay populated area. Anyway I think all the metrosexual, mixed with the jock, mixed witht the "I'm old and experienced enough to be scared by minor events" puts you in the eyes of some people as gay.

At least that's what I think happens to me, if anything I'd be bi, but mostly I like girls. I think at this point in my life I wouldn't have a problem labeling myself as gay, but why do so if I don't feel gay.

Anyway in my experience it has to do with a lot of people being more open to hit on, to ask, to "investigate" and be curious about those who are around them from time to time.

For my part I've started to let people believe whatever they want, there was a time when I was worrying all day about it. F**k it. :biggrin1:

As for the gaydar thing, mine is faulty, but I have some self claiming str8 friends whose gaydar is on the money, but I don't think they are gay....now I've started to reconsider :eek:

two-fister

Cherished Member
Media
Baker Island (U.S. Minor Outlying Islands)
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This happens to every once in a while, what's funny is that it's usually not guys who think I'm gay, it's girls...the last few times it's happended I've been at work(bartender), and a girl has come up to me and asked if I was gay. I'm not sure why. It's only been happening to me for about the last 3 years. I'm always curious as to why people feel that they can just walk up to a complete stranger and ask that.

D

deleted12830

It happens the same to me all the time. Not only some people think I'm gay, but I get hit a lot by guys... I wish I got hit by girls, so I could really see if I'm gay or not!!! I've even been grabbed by the back by a guy one night while I was pissing and he was supposedly doing the same thing in the stall next to me, though that night I was going Green Day with a black shirt, a red tie and my eyes painted.... I got hit by a lot of guys that night...:biggrin1: The problem is I still don't know what I am sexually, and having people think I'm gay makes it even more difficult for me to find a girl to find it out with :confused:

ChuckRich

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Look on the bright side guys. There's some of us who've never been hit on by anyone. EVER! I'd rather get hit on by a million people I have no interest in so I'd at least know somebody thinks I'm attractive.

Steve26

1st LPSG Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
rabudo said:
Not only some people think I'm gay, but I get hit a lot by guys... I wish I got hit by girls, so I could really see if I'm gay or not!!!
Men are SOOOO much more blatant than women when conveying their interest. I would say that for every woman who's hit on me over the years there have probably been five men. Maybe in part it's the vibe I send out, or something about how I look, but I think it is probably much more that the guys are so much more forward about it -- it's really impossible to miss -- whereas women tend to be much more subtle. Men and women are on absolutely different wavelengths when it comes to expressing their interest in each other.

I used to worry a helluva lot more about what people thought of my sexual orientation than I do now. Back when I was a teenager being called "gay" was the worst epithet imaginable. As a guy who is happily married and who has spurned the various male advances described above, I'm confident in my own sexuality and just don't care what random strangers may think.

Steve

Cannibal Lecter

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yeah I found out recently that a girl I know (I wouldn't really call her a friend, more like an associate) thought I was gay when we first met. I thought it was pretty annoying because knowing her this meant that she probably talked to other girls I know about it and it made me wonder how many girls I know possibly think I'm gay.

So I asked her why she thought that and she said because of the way I talk (I have a very good vocabulary and am a pretty intelligent guy when it comes to conversation- that is I talk about more than getting trashed, sports, the weather, cars and "fucking bitches") plus she mentioned the way I dress. I am a total metrosexual and I freely admit it. Its not a bad thing. I always dress very well and tend to be the best dressed person wherever I go. Plus I wear a lot of Banana Republic (its my favorite store to shop at) and a long time ago I learned from a gay friend of mine that it had a reputation for being patroned by gay men. GOD I hate stereotypes.

Anyways you know I wouldn't really care if people thought I was gay if it didn't mean that it could mess up my sex life. Girls gossip and I would hate to have some girl I dig not be interested in me simply because she thinks I'm gay. Honestly I find all the attention I get from men quite flattering.

headbang8

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Steve26 said:
I would say that for every woman who's hit on me over the years there have probably been five men. Steve
Not me. Women meet me and see a babymaker (or maybe a pamperer and house-provider). Now THAT really pisses me off. Maybe I just give off heavy pheremones.

emu

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
agrees with cannibal.

sucks when women gossip about your sexuality becuase it either does 2 things: ruins your chances with the hot chick who gets your attention, or it starts bringing the fat chicks out of the woodwork who think they may have a chance to "turn" you.

i think mostly, it's because i am very good looking, almost model material and too much of a nice guy that makes people get that impression. "oh he is too nice and way too hot to be straight."

that's usually been the remark of friends when i ask why a particular girl i am not interested in is attracted to me. "well are you gay?" as if the only reason a chick being interested in me is because i'm gay....? ugh.

E

TripodMillenium

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I was bugged into getting a Myspace account.... I got my page how I like it.... and then I get hit on.....

I have it three or more times in my account that I'm gay.... but what happens? At least three chicks PM me and hit on me.... seriously.... lol

Every time I asked if they really looked at my profile, because one of the places it says I'm gay is RIGHT BELOW MY NAME.....

So... I get the opposite problem.... people think I'm straight.... :rolleyes:

So I have a firm gait, sometimes a grimace, I can't afford to shop at the mall all the time, and I think most straight guys I meet are pussies.... this makes me straight? :rolleyes::tongue:

And, yeah... I think many gay guys who hit on a lot of you guys think you're hot and are testing the waters.... ((and there are also an unfortunately high number of gay guys who will hit on you BECAUSE you're straight and they have a bit of a fetish for that... -_-() ))

morethan10

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes - guys follow me in the mall, had a run in with a store security guy - it never stops.
Get it online too.
I find it flattering that guys like to look, but they are too easily pleased, and they just want cock.
I love the game with women, their standards are higher.
sorry guys-

chillWEguy81

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Since I like to crossdress, I get mistaken for being gay or bi all the time when I'm out dressed up. However, when I'm in regular clothes, this doesn't happen. Goes to show that people still have a lot of prejudices about sex and gender. I've had my share of guys hit on me both when I'm dressed up and in regular guy clothes, but it doesn't do anything for me whatsoever. I don't care if a guy tries to hit on me, cuz he's going to get shot down. However, if their hands try to wander anywhere towards my body, they are going to be in for being thrown up against the wall. I've also fumed a few people, namely ignorant girls who fall into the fag hag category, because they couldn't handle a straight guy who's a crossdresser.