People who HATE you.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Sorry for hijacking the thread but seriously...
just come to san antonio already you whore.

But it's so far away, and I'd have to get on 35...how 'bout you meet me in San Marcos?

We can talk about people who hate us...and if there's any time left, we'll just see what comes up. :biggrin1:

Hellboy0

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I just read all of the posts on this thread...and it has gone WAY off the original target! Don't ya just love this game????

I don't hate anyone here, though I have found a few members at times to be exceedingly full of shit!

On the other hand, I am sure I am loved and adored by all.

Yeah, right.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
To address what you and Clemons are saying, I've been told that Wagner's music is good, but I really do like the sound of much of it--it's simply swaggeringly stirring; he succeeds at grandeur and nobility without getting tacky (most of the time).

I know all this is true; I'm just being a jerk.
I know bits and pieces of Wagnerian opera, and the music and orchestration are wonderful, some of the arias are among the best ever written, and the music attracts stellar performers.
I've meant to start getting start-to-finish acquaintance with the operas in the Ring cycle ... but it's such a daunting project. And so many equally valuable things compete.

Delighted I'm giving off a 'green' quality. That means my Man Custard is still clean, fresh, and eau de vie....

I like to hear that.
(I am the King of Romania, BTW.:cool:)

B_becominghorse

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I start-to-finish acquaintance with the operas in the Ring cycle ... but it's such a daunting project.

Yes, it is, and there are a couple of them on vhs and dvd from Bayreuth, one is Boulez/Chereau from 1981 and then Barenboim in the early 90s. The one I watched yesterday was the Met with Levine, didn't think it was so great. When I did it before, I watched them in order, but that's not really necessary, and as a result I can't remember very much about 'Gotterdammerung'. I think Die Walkure is the best one to start with, because 'Das Rheingold' can seem hateful (staying ON-TOPIC here, you see) even if you're already familiar with it. Or 'Siegfried' could be an okay starter, because you've got pieces of the music that is then made into the full orchestral 'Siegried Idyll' in that. Recently tried to watch an old (1973) production of 'Tristan and Isolde' with Birgit Nilsson, the big dame, but voice was very harsh, even ugly by then. I'm going to listen to CD of Flagstad doing it, which I haven't heard. I think these are better enjoyed if you do watch them at home first before seeing the live performance, because otherwise there's an inevitable struggle to enter into something not all that accessible. Most people have the hardest time with 'Parsifal', but all that Dresden Amen all over the place gives one something to hang onto if you're sitting next to a dowager and would rather hold onto yourself...

Just so you're not one of the cousins of the Ceaucescus (sp.?), the poor dears. Worse, I might not mind, which is why I'm worried if I have any morals left at all. For example, if you were Princess Anne, I'd balk, but I am far too accepting in my male recipiencies (new word, methinks. What do you think of it? I rather like Your Royal Recipiency...)

Think_Kink--I know one of those was mean to you, and 'it' is always obnoxious about trying to sabotage my posts, but I think 'it' is here to stay.:fight:

hate hate hate--I'm just soooooooooo on-topic...

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
I'll take on board those recommendations.
I prefer Flagstad's voice to Nilsson's, though Birgit probably had a bit more power and obviously benefited from superior recording technology.

Just so you're not one of the cousins of the Ceaucescus (sp.?), the poor dears. Worse, I might not mind, which is why I'm worried if I have any morals left at all. For example, if you were Princess Anne, I'd balk, but I am far too accepting in my male recipiencies (new word, methinks. What do you think of it? I rather like Your Royal Recipiency...)

Well, thank you.
(Vulgar taste here, BTW, but that's the most Ceausescu-ean thing about me.)

kalipygian

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I know all this is true; I'm just being a jerk.
I know bits and pieces of Wagnerian opera, and the music and orchestration are wonderful, some of the arias are among the best ever written, and the music attracts stellar performers.
I've meant to start getting start-to-finish acquaintance with the operas in the Ring cycle ... but it's such a daunting project. And so many equally valuable things compete.

I like to hear that.

Mihai Rubirosa von Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen?

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
A worthwhile project, though, rubi. To do it properly, though, there is quite a bit of prep work that should be done. Thorough familiarity with the story of each opera and how it relates to each of the others; familiarity with all the major characters; and an understanding of Wagner's compositional style, his use of leitmotifs, and all that symbolism, can exponentially enhance your enjoyment!

Now, who's going to hate me for being so pedantic on this subject?

(I love the Ring Cycle, it is a most incredible work!)