People who have zero talent

Dr. Dilznick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The worst is people who have zero talent in the field they're trying to pursue (i.e., actors who can't act). Yet, they try so hard and practice without rest only to suck worse. Those motherfuckers need a bullet and a proper burial.

fredlet

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by Dr. Dilznick@Oct 13 2005, 02:44 PM
The worst is people who have zero talent in the field they're trying to pursue (i.e., actors who can't act). Yet, they try so hard and practice without rest only to suck worse. Those motherfuckers need a bullet and a proper burial.
[post=351363]Quoted post[/post]​

Or perhaps they can simply be ignored, to be appreciated by others with a different take on the concept of 'talent'.

Albert Einstein couldn't find the academic career he sought after graduation. He ended up as a technical expert 2nd class in the Swiss patent office.

The guy who actually invented television was a farmer. He didn't get recognition until sometime in the 1950's.

A recording studio rejected Bob Dylan, saying that they "don't record freaks."

I, for one, am glad that these individuals persevered, trying so hard and practicing without rest as they have.

You buy the bullets. Me, I'll reserve not only my judgement but my killing instincts.

Not everyone in life can be as intelligent, sophisticated, infallible, anointed, perfect and inviolable as you.

Dr. Dilznick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by fredlet
Or perhaps they can simply be ignored, to be appreciated by others with a different take on the concept of 'talent'.

Albert Einstein couldn't find the academic career he sought after graduation. He ended up as a technical expert 2nd class in the Swiss patent office.

The guy who actually invented television was a farmer. He didn't get recognition until sometime in the 1950's.

A recording studio rejected Bob Dylan, saying that they "don't record freaks."

I, for one, am glad that these individuals persevered, trying so hard and practicing without rest as they have.
I'm assuming these are the much needed words of encouragement you mutter to yourself daily when the neighborhood children gawk and mock your ass.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by absinthium@Oct 13 2005, 08:10 PM
"Paris Hilton to block." -Future contestant on Hollywood Squares
[post=351454]Quoted post[/post]​
"Ooooh, I get to answer a question now? That's so HOT!"

fredlet

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by Dr. Dilznick+Oct 13 2005, 04:06 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dr. Dilznick &#064; Oct 13 2005, 04:06 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-fredlet
Or perhaps they can simply be ignored, to be appreciated by others with a different take on the concept of &#39;talent&#39;.

Albert Einstein couldn&#39;t find the academic career he sought after graduation.  He ended up as a technical expert 2nd class in the Swiss patent office.

The guy who actually invented television was a farmer.  He didn&#39;t get recognition until sometime in the 1950&#39;s.

A recording studio rejected Bob Dylan, saying that they "don&#39;t record freaks."

I&#39;m assuming these are the much needed words of encouragement you mutter to yourself daily when the neighborhood children gawk and mock your ass.
[post=351389]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

*My* ass? *You* are the one who uses an ass as an avatar. Projection, anyone? :hi:

"Neighborhood children gawk and mock"? Is that what you&#39;re secretly afraid of, Doktor Dil.. or is that what turns you on?

No field of artistic endeavor is undeserving of respect. For those risk everything to chase down their dreams, you should either help or get out of the way. Don&#39;t mock talent or ambition unless you have some. Now, if you want to go after Paris Hilton..I&#39;m with you.

Dr. Dilznick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by SUMYUNGUY
*mental picture of child at eye level with someones ass, gawking at and mocking it*
Reminds me of that A Bit Of Fry And Laurie bit.

My Ass

Stephen [Fry] is seated at a large desk in American military uniform, smoking a huge cigar: a Stars and Stripes flag hangs behind him.

Stephen: Jacobson&#33; Get your ass in here right now&#33;

Hugh [Laurie] enters, also in uniform, carrying a holdall.

Hugh: Sir&#33;

Stephen: Jacobson, what the hell am I going to do with your ass?

Hugh: My ass, sir?

Stephen: Can you think of one goddamn reason why I shouldn&#39;t kick your ass all the way back to New Mexico?

Hugh: Well, sir if this concerns ...

Stephen: You know what the hell it concerns, Jacobson. It concerns your ass&#33; What does it concern?

Hugh: My ass, sir.

Stephen: Do you recall what it was I said to you the last time you were in here?

Hugh: Well sir. You told me to move my ass, and haul my ass, and not to sit on my ass, because if I did, you would personally rearrange my ass.

Stephen: Uh uh. Wrong, Mr Jacobson. I was not going to rearrange your ass - I was going to boil your ass in a bag, and have your ass for breakfast.

Hugh: That&#39;s it, sir. Have my ass for breakfast.

Stephen: Read that sign, Jacobson.

Hugh looks at a sign on Stephen&#39;s desk.

Hugh: "The buck stops at my ass."

Stephen: See, that&#39;s why I have this star Jacobson. Because my ass is on the line.

Hugh: The bottom line ... ?

Stephen: The bottom line.

Hugh: I understand.

Stephen: Well, I am glad you got your ass straight on that one. Now Jacobson, I&#39;ve got myself a problem.

Hugh: A problem, sir?

Stephen: Yup. Seems that some goddamn college boy on the fifth floor wants a piece of my ass ...

Hugh: Your ass, sir?

Stephen: You bet your ass, my ass. If I could just get my hands on this guy&#39;s ass, his ass is history.

Hugh: Whose ass would that be sir?

Stephen: The guy who&#39;s got his ass in my face, Jacobson.

Hugh: Sir?

Stephen: Yes, Jacobson?

Hugh: How does my ass fit into all of this?

Stephen: It&#39;s very simple, Jacobson. You are aware that your ass is mine?

Hugh: It is sir?

Stephen: Oh yes, your ass is mine, mister. The day you joined the army, you signed your ass over to me.

Hugh: I get it, sir.

Stephen: Oh you do, do you?

Hugh: This guy wants a piece of your ass, so you&#39;re thinking that, being as my ass is yours, maybe you could give him a piece of my ass as a way of saving your ass.

Stephen: Shut your ass, Jacobson. Nobody likes a smart Alec. Now boy ...

Hugh: Sir?

Stephen: Got your ass with you?

Hugh: Yes sir.

Hugh plops the bag on the desk. Stephen looks into the bag.

Hugh: With respect, sir, don&#39;t jerk my ass around.

Stephen: Mm. Nice piece of ass.

Dr. Dilznick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by fredlet
*My* ass? *You* are the one who uses an ass as an avatar. Projection, anyone?
Shut your ass.

"Neighborhood children gawk and mock"? Is that what you&#39;re secretly afraid of, Doktor Dil.. or is that what turns you on?
Little girls turn me on. Nothing like the firm texture of a blossoming 11 year old. The vagina is like a vice grip on the penis. The "Hello Kitty" propaganda adorning the walls furthers the thrill.

No field of artistic endeavor is undeserving of respect. For those risk everything to chase down their dreams, you should either help or get out of the way. Don&#39;t mock talent or ambition unless you have some.
Congratulations, you&#39;ve replaced "people who have zero talent" with "don&#39;t mock talent." You either didn&#39;t read it or didn&#39;t understand.

Now, if you want to go after Paris Hilton..I&#39;m with you.
Or perhaps she can simply be ignored, to be appreciated by others with a different take on the concept of "talent."

dlcs

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by absinthium+Oct 13 2005, 06:10 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(absinthium &#064; Oct 13 2005, 06:10 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Dr Rock@Oct 13 2005, 07:33 PM
mediocrity is the new celebrity.
[post=351444]Quoted post[/post]​

[/b][/quote]
"Ashlee Simpson for the win."

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by dlcs+Oct 16 2005, 07:21 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dlcs &#064; Oct 16 2005, 07:21 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by absinthium@Oct 13 2005, 06:10 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Dr Rock
@Oct 13 2005, 07:33 PM

[post=352228]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

And Britney Spears MUST be the secret square.

Ambition without talent is asking to be mocked.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
And here is an interesting twist on the thread: How about those who have incredible talent, but squander or waste it, or use it to its worst possible dimension? Whitney Houston has an incredible voice, but the way she uses it, it loses most of its impressive potential. My piano has 88 keys, but if I tried to use all 88 of them on every single note, it would get boring after a short while, yes? Whitney loses all semblance of the melody she is singing, at times, just because she tries to put too many notes in it. I even did an analysis of some of her ornamentation, and discovered a plethora of trills, mordants, shakes, portamentos, turns, plus 3 other types that are characteristically "Whitneyisms" (I could describe them to anyone with musical knowledge who is interested.) It sometimes verges on sounding like the music of French Rococo composers Francois Couperin or Jean-Philipe Rameau.

There are lots of "singers" now, who try to emulate Ms. Houston, and any talent they have is hidden by attempts at vocal gymnastics and bravura. It&#39;s one of the reasons I didn&#39;t really care for "american idol". Even if low-talent contestants could learn to squeeze as many notes as possible in the the shortest time, they are judged highly.

If you can dredge up a tankerfull of rhymes, and then repeat them to a drum machine track, you are a "talented rapper."

If you can wear lots of makeup, flap your arms, and do a pelvic thrust, you are a talented dancer.

If you can convince a model to walk down the runway wearing a hideously ugly dress you made from a flour sack, then you are a "talented designer."

During one of my trips to the National Gallery of Art, I came across a painting - very large canvas, covered edge-to-edge with one color of paint, an almost black sort of dark gray. I examined it very carefully, thinking there must be some pattern in the brush strokes, some subtle gradiation in the color. There was none. I can&#39;t remember, but I think it was by Jackson Pollock. I fail to see the "talent" in it, but since he was a "well-known" artist, this makes it into the National Gallery&#39;s permanent collection. Uh, as the old saying goes, "why is that art? I coulda done that&#33;"

I think it is the general public that is responsible for confusing talent with the bravery to get up on the stage. I agree that it takes guts to perform, and that is commendable, but I still don&#39;t see the need to call whatever is presented to you "talent."

Mestisamo

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by madame_zora+Oct 16 2005, 01:58 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(madame_zora &#064; Oct 16 2005, 01:58 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by dlcs@Oct 16 2005, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by absinthium@Oct 13 2005, 06:10 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Dr Rock
@Oct 13 2005, 07:33 PM

[post=352228]Quoted post[/post]​

And Britney Spears MUST be the secret square.

Ambition without talent is asking to be mocked.
[post=352252]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

We need the Gong Show again&#33; Is Rex reed and JP morgan available? :freak:

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by Mestisamo@Oct 19 2005, 02:54 AM
We need the Gong Show again&#33; Is Rex reed and JP morgan available? :freak:
[post=353105]Quoted post[/post]​
Only if Jm J Bullock gets a job backstage as fluffer.

Mestisamo

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by DC_DEEP+Oct 19 2005, 04:27 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DC_DEEP &#064; Oct 19 2005, 04:27 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Mestisamo@Oct 19 2005, 02:54 AM
We need the Gong Show again&#33;  Is Rex reed and JP morgan available? :freak:
[post=353130]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

OMG..almost forgot him..but he was doing some show on Oxygen that was kind of a "What&#39;s my line" for out of work actors....I think he was playing Kitty Carlisle (Gawd - just showed my age) :nuke:

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by Mestisamo+Oct 20 2005, 12:36 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mestisamo &#064; Oct 20 2005, 12:36 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by DC_DEEP@Oct 19 2005, 04:27 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Mestisamo
@Oct 19 2005, 02:54 AM
We need the Gong Show again&#33;  Is Rex reed and JP morgan available? :freak:

[post=353130]Quoted post[/post]​

OMG..almost forgot him..but he was doing some show on Oxygen that was kind of a "What&#39;s my line" for out of work actors....I think he was playing Kitty Carlisle (Gawd - just showed my age) :nuke:
[post=353362]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]
Hah, I should have been more specific, Jm J would be a fluffer for Jaye P Morgan. She should be on this forum, I bet she&#39;s packing some massive cock.

fredlet

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by Dr. Dilznick@Oct 15 2005, 06:17 AM

No field of artistic endeavor is undeserving of respect. For those risk everything to chase down their dreams, you should either help or get out of the way.  Don&#39;t mock talent or ambition unless you have some.
Congratulations, you&#39;ve replaced "people who have zero talent" with "don&#39;t mock talent." You either didn&#39;t read it or didn&#39;t understand.

Geez, Dok..the point I&#39;m trying to get YOU to understand is...you&#39;re not the sole arbiter of talent in this teensy universe. Just because you say someone has "no talent"..does that make it so? Are you as simple-minded and arrogant as G.W. Bush? Lighten up, dude&#33;&#33; This is all for fun, hey? :toast:

Now, if you want to go after Paris Hilton..I&#39;m with you.
Or perhaps she can simply be ignored, to be appreciated by others with a different take on the concept of "talent."
[post=351967]Quoted post[/post]​

Fair enough...only...to use and appreciate my original quote, you need to defend Paris&#39;s "talents"..are you prepared to do so? If not..welcome to the party&#33;&#33; :toast:

Just a comment, Dok, offered for your own benefit:
Take a step back. Look at how many times you found it necessary to quote me in your reply. Take a deep breath. I&#39;m not a threat to you&#33; Your life doesn&#39;t depend on putting me (or anyone else) down. As a matter of fact, I&#39;m too busy to visit this board more than a few times a week, so there&#39;s no pressure on you to waste the effort to impress me as a substitute for impressing yourself eh?

I offered the Paris Hilton line as an olive branch..you handed me bullshit in return. There&#39;s a great, wide world of people out there..don&#39;t get all wadded up over someone who happens to drink their tea from a different samovar. You&#39;re cooler than that. Believe me. If you can&#39;t believe me, someday you&#39;ll find someone you *can* believe. Let&#39;s all hope that it will eventually be you.