Percentage of gay/straight, how you decide

SassySpy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I really wasn't sure where to start this topic, being a woman, have put it here-and am betting its been done already as well, so forgive me. I did try a search but I must have used wrong search string cos 4,000+ returns were just too many to go through!

But, how does one determine their percentage of gay or straight sexuality preferences? Is there a chart? Or does it vary per individual and what they use as their own guidelines?
For myself, I chose 1% gay because I find women's bodies beautiful, and occasionally even arousing. I thought that qualified as 1%, cos I also know I prefer men for sexual encounters.

Could someone enlighten me on this please?

Thanks!!:tongue::biggrin1:

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I really wasn't sure where to start this topic, being a woman, have put it here-and am betting its been done already as well, so forgive me. I did try a search but I must have used wrong search string cos 4,000+ returns were just too many to go through!

But, how does one determine their percentage of gay or straight sexuality preferences? Is there a chart? Or does it vary per individual and what they use as their own guidelines?
For myself, I chose 1% gay because I find women's bodies beautiful, and occasionally even arousing. I thought that qualified as 1%, cos I also know I prefer men for sexual encounters.

Could someone enlighten me on this please?

Thanks!!:tongue::biggrin1:

Everybody pics their own percentage based on what they feel.
I picked 99% straight and 1% gay because I also admire the male body and large packages. Not in a sexual way though. I am not intersted in sex with men. I find the human body to be very beautiful both male and female. I do find the female body to be very sexy as well as beautiful.

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I picked 80% because at times in my life I have had sexual encounters with women and am still attracted to women sexually. However, at this time and in my current relationship I have no desire to be with a woman in reality. I respond both sexually and emotionally to men more than women right now.

SassySpy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Okay so that leads me to surmise there is no hard and fast rule, it is individually determined- and :veryhappy: thats really what I wanted to know. Thank you!!
:smile:

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think it would be better to have a bisexual option instead of the numbers.I first put 50/50. I changed it to 80 straight 20 gay. I have desires towards men,but love women more. I really havent had much sex with men anyway. I am one who hates all the tags we put on people anyway. Why cant people just be people?:cool:

Chrysalis

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Yes. Except there ought to be a 95% option, but there isn't. You're stuck choosing between 1% gay or 10% gay.

I loooooovvveee men (you've probably noticed) so am more heterosexual by far than homosexual.

However, a few times I've had crushes on women, I do have sexual fantasies about being with women, and occasionally I'll feel a very strong attraction to a particular woman.

But I would say women represent 1 in 20 (5%) of the people who turn me on, rather than 1 in 10 (10%) as my profile lists.

Yorkie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
How the percentage is determined is up to the individual.Personally I regard being gay to mean desiring some sexual contact with your own gender.I don't want to have any kind of sexual contact with men so I'm 100% straight!
I don't think looking at photos and admiring bodies on an aesthetic level casts doubt on your sexuality.That kind of thinking goes back to the old high school attitudes of ''anyone who prefers art and music to sport must be gay''.:rolleyes: I never did follow the logic of the ''jocks''* as I believe you call them in the USA.
*Nothing to do with Scotsmen,I don't want any irate Glaswegians taking offence! :biggrin1:

SassySpy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Again, thank you for your replies and willingness to be open and honest as well. It does help clear it up for me, and raises some other interesting issues as well- ie, labels- I agree, do we really need labels at all?
and percentages, if we are going to be allowed our individual choices then yes, why not just leave the choice option blank and let us put in our own numbers rather than having to choose from preordained ones?

and yes,Yorkie my love , it does kind of remind me (when you mentioned it) of the silly preconceived notions about people that often surface based on their body type, hobbies, occupation, or in my case- husky voice and small boobs!!:rolleyes:

But hey- when one is comfortable in their own skin it ceases to be an issue, really!!:biggrin1:

Hey!!! I passed 100 posts!! I DO spend a lot of time here!

Yorkie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
CONGRATULATIONS!!! :fest06: :party2: :bigok: :fest30: :beerchug:

I told you it was addictive.:smile:
And your husky voice and boobies are perfectly fine! :wink:

B_spiker067

Experimental Member
Media
I just naturally assumed that if I'd had sex with 10 people and one of them was a guy that I was 10% gay and so on? Go figure. We have gay %'s who have never had sex with the opposite sex. I'd only accept that from 1%'s.

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Your boobies don't look small to me. I couldn't care less about their size anyway...or a husky voice. I have never had the fascination with big boobs like some guys do. I just doesn't matter to me. I do find your personality to be very interesting, though.

Interesting comment from Spiker067. I had not considered the percentage that way. Interesting. I put 1% gay for me just due to curiosity with the male body. I have never had sex with a man and probably never will.

No offense to those guys who do though. Sexuality is a personal choice.

Chrysalis

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I think it would be better to have a bisexual option instead of the numbers.I first put 50/50. I changed it to 80 straight 20 gay. I have desires towards men,but love women more. I really havent had much sex with men anyway. I am one who hates all the tags we put on people anyway. Why cant people just be people?:cool:

I understand what you're saying, but the listing of sexual orientation really does help me. It helps in 2 ways:

1) If a man is going out of his way to talk to me a lot, and he is gay, then I know right off the bat that he's probably not looking for a sexual liaison. However, if a straight guy starts talking to me, I'm a bit more cautious until I determine what he really wants from me. Some do turn out to be genuine friends, but most don't. When dealing with new people, it helps me to know whether they could potentially be attracted to me.

2) Complimenting women. If 100% straight women post gallery pics I like, I usually refrain from commenting on them. I don't want to make these women uncomfortable. But if I see she's at least a little bit gay, then I feel more free to express my appreciation of her body.

SassySpy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Your boobies don't look small to me. I couldn't care less about their size anyway...or a husky voice. I have never had the fascination with big boobs like some guys do. I just doesn't matter to me. I do find your personality to be very interesting, though.

Gosh. Thank you, Viking. I actually blushed when I read that.:kiss:

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I understand what you're saying, but the listing of sexual orientation really does help me. It helps in 2 ways:

1) If a man is going out of his way to talk to me a lot, and he is gay, then I know right off the bat that he's probably not looking for a sexual liaison. However, if a straight guy starts talking to me, I'm a bit more cautious until I determine what he really wants from me. Some do turn out to be genuine friends, but most don't. When dealing with new people, it helps me to know whether they could potentially be attracted to me.

2) Complimenting women. If 100% straight women post gallery pics I like, I usually refrain from commenting on them. I don't want to make these women uncomfortable. But if I see she's at least a little bit gay, then I feel more free to express my appreciation of her body.
oh yes your right for that reason yes. I was just trying to explain my reasoning for changing mine to 80 straight 20 gay I felt i had to change it. I couldnt keep it at 50/50 because my dealings with men have been far and few over the years. I felt as if i were telling a lie. You are right in everything you said. :cool: :smile:

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Again, thank you for your replies and willingness to be open and honest as well. It does help clear it up for me, and raises some other interesting issues as well- ie, labels- I agree, do we really need labels at all?
and percentages, if we are going to be allowed our individual choices then yes, why not just leave the choice option blank and let us put in our own numbers rather than having to choose from preordained ones?

and yes,Yorkie my love , it does kind of remind me (when you mentioned it) of the silly preconceived notions about people that often surface based on their body type, hobbies, occupation, or in my case- husky voice and small boobs!!:rolleyes:

But hey- when one is comfortable in their own skin it ceases to be an issue, really!!:biggrin1:

My dear your boobs are beautifull. And i like a husky voice. Congrats on post 100:smile: :cool:

wispandex_bulge

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
First off sorry for the chemistry references, but I agree with Yorkie. Not so much an anti-version as one with opposite spin, I am 100% gay because although I admire many women...(I'd marry Selma Hyek if shed take me, any day)...I have no sexual attraction to them what so ever. I like strong facial features, pecs, and a big dick. That is what turns me on. In fact I would love to possibly segue this into a serious discussion about how it is that we find ourselves attracted to whatever. No "I like big boobs, nuff said" post please... I am interested because I am so gay I cannot even comprehend sexual attraction to females. Strangely enough this is one of only two things that i can not imagine or comprehend...for those of you wondering: wood melting is the other thing i cannot imagine... Ok sorry for rambling...post away!

SassySpy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Thank you, uncut. The compliments here far outweigh the criticisms. No wonder its a popular place! Some 'come' for the cocks- I 'come' for the ego boost, guess I need it :)

Yorkie, you never fail to be nice and always have been. Its one of the reasons that its not your cock that is the most attractive thing about you, nice though it is. :)

Multipass

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I've received some PM's from "100% straight" or "99% straight" guys. Some of them are a lot more sexual than I'd expect. Either they respect my physical appearance or they are a bit more homosexual than they think. I think it's a HUGE compliment when a straight guy leaves me a message.

We shouldn't take these straight-gay ratio's too seriously. But like Chrysalis said, it's a good way to guage where someone is comming from. Although it can also make things really confusing haha. :confused: