Percentiles

sokrokr

Just Browsing
Media
Does anyone know where to find accurate percentile data on penis length? Basically what i'm asking is, given that my dick is 8.5"x6.5" what percentage of guys am I bigger than/smaller than?

sykray

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Self report and self measurement surveys are unreliable. Most of us will "round-up" the measurement and many will exaggerate.

We can say from three recent studies where a doctor measured the penis and not self- report surveys, that the average erection length is 5.1 inches (14cms) and roughly two-thirds of men will have erections between 4 and 6.2 inches (10 and 15.7cms). 16% will have erections smaller than 4 inches. 97.5% of men will have erections less than 7.3 inches (18.5cms). Therefore five men in 200 will have erections of 7.3 inches or more. One man in a thousand will have an erection of 8.4 inches (22cms) or longer and one man in 10,000 will have an erection of 9 inches or longer (22.9cms). For every million men in the population there will be a hundred erect penises of 9 inches or more.

You don't state your age so I assume that you have finished puberty. A good size, however.

sykray

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Smally, that's fine but like I said self measurement surveys are unreliable.

Guys often:
a) round up their measurements
b) do not measure accurately
c)exaggerate
d) lie
and e) it is mainly well endowed guys who reply more than less well endowed guys.

I would say that a penis with the given dimensions is at the 99.9th percentile ie. 1 in a thousand or 1 in more than a thousand.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
smally said:
here is one; not sure how accurate, but maybe looks ok..http://www.sizesurvey.com/result.html
The statistics that sykray gave are the same statistics I have seen and this subject was in a thread some months ago. These are the most reliable statistics available.

Averages are what they are averages. 5.1 in in erect length may not seem long. It means that half are longer and half are shorter. It is the second part that confuses people. There are sites dedicated to small penises and I have read some posts from those sites. And there are men with only 2 inch erections. According to one report, 1.7 inches in length is necessary to succesffully have sex with a woman. How they came up with that figure, I don't know. Averaging in several men with 2 in dicks will bring the average down quickly. The key to remember is that the vast majority of men will have an erected penis of at least four inches and not longer than 6 or 6.2 inches. So any man in that area is average. Certainly a man less than four inches would be considered small. And all guys with an erection of 6.2 inches or more is endowed.

But as I said in another thread, the real sex tool is the brain. That is where the pleasure center is. And health and proper harmonal balance and good emotional health are the real factors in sexual pleasure, not the length of your tool.

Steve26

1st LPSG Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Thanks for your excellent post, sykray -- it really helps put things in perspective. I've read that reputable studies have put the average at 5.1", but had not seen all the additional statistics that you cite.

What I find most interesting in relating these statistics to the original query on percentiles is that apparently 6.2" is at the 83rd percentile, and any guy above 7.5" or so (a size that some here don't even consider "hung"!) is in the 99th percentile.

One of the really unfortunate (and very widespread) penis size myths out there is that average is 6", a distortion that causes lots of guys to underestimate themselves. Think of all the guys who visit this site and call themselves "average" at 6" (~80th percentile) ... or who are 7" (~95th percentile) and doubt that they are well-endowed.

Steve

AMikkell

Just Browsing
Media
Steve26 said:
Thanks for your excellent post, sykray -- it really helps put things in perspective. I've read that reputable studies have put the average at 5.1", but had not seen all the additional statistics that you cite.

What I find most interesting in relating these statistics to the original query on percentiles is that apparently 6.2" is at the 83rd percentile, and any guy above 7.5" or so (a size that some here don't even consider "hung"!) is in the 99th percentile.

One of the really unfortunate (and very widespread) penis size myths out there is that average is 6", a distortion that causes lots of guys to underestimate themselves. Think of all the guys who visit this site and call themselves "average" at 6" (~80th percentile) ... or who are 7" (~95th percentile) and doubt that they are well-endowed.

Steve

Of course people doubt that they are well endowed. After all, scientists like to lie, and we all know that our friends are the most truthful people out there.