Perception vs. Statistics

Cobalt Blue

Legendary Member
Media
Originally posted by Dr. Dilznick+Jul 12 2005, 04:37 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dr. Dilznick &#064; Jul 12 2005, 04:37 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-madame_zora
I think people are full of shit in general. It&#39;s hard enough to find 8" dicks when you advertise for them, but for me to believe they just occur randomly in certain people&#39;s everyday lives would take more faith than I have.
You hang out with black people? 8" - 8.5" inch dicks shouldn&#39;t be too hard to find. ;)

That World Health Organization study showed that 5 percent of black men are 8" or over. Even if it&#39;s only 3 percent, that&#39;s still A LOT of men.
[post=328444]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]
Oh really.
Always one idiot who brings up this hoary old chestnut. So despite cholera, malaria, ebola and AIDS epidemics, the good &#39;Doctor&#39; expects us to believe that The World Health Organization is going round the world with tape measures measuring black penes. :grr: -_- -_-
Yeah right.
So, &#39;Doctor&#39; Dilznick, tell us, where exactly did you get your degree???

horse400irl

Just Browsing
Media
Originally posted by DoubleMeatWhopper@Jul 12 2005, 02:57 AM
I was in a business where cock size was taken into consideration in the hiring process, so I saw more than my share of big cocks on a daily basis, but I have only had sex with five guys more well-endowed than me.
[post=328419]Quoted post[/post]​
What business were u in that involved looking at big cocks? please explain

Dr. Dilznick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by nicky9x6

Always one idiot who brings up this hoary old chestnut. So despite cholera, malaria, ebola and AIDS epidemics, the good &#39;Doctor&#39; expects us to believe that The World Health Organization is going round the world with tape measures measuring black penes. :grr: -_- -_-
Yeah right.
So, &#39;Doctor&#39; Dilznick, tell us, where exactly did you get your degree???
Making fun of my screen name. Clever. Really... who could come up with such wit? But seriously, why don&#39;t you tell us the real reason you are so fucking sensitive. Let me give you a hint.

Ahhhh. The painful memories come flooding back. Your chopstick-sized sexual organ and the shameful recollections that are resulting probably have you feeling down. Buck up lad&#33; I&#39;m sure there REALLY is a girl out there who thinks size doesn&#39;t matter.

Dr. Dilznick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by madame_zora

Oh shut the fuck up&#33; Men are men, I haven&#39;t seen any significant different with my own eyes between races and I&#39;ve seen over 2,000, so I&#39;ll trust that.
A new, nationwide study is needed, but I&#39;m fairly sure you wouldn&#39;t like the results. I&#39;ve seen plenty of dicks myself. Surely those Chinamen can&#39;t all be "growers."

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I read the WHO study some time ago and I didn&#39;t find it particualrly compelling. I don&#39;t recall their study size, but it wasn&#39;t a "doctor measured" study, so I&#39;ll take my own experiece on "seeing is believing" when I&#39;ve seen so many, DMW&#39;s seen as many, and my few friends who have seen huge numbers of penises agree, particularly massuesses who get to see a fairly random sampling. I really don&#39;t think thousands of men can be called "anecdotal" when the only doctor measured studies only have a couple hundred&#33;

DMW brings up a good point, when you&#39;ve seen tons of dicks, the ones that tend to stand out are the bigger ones, so out of thousands of random guys you may very well have seen 5 or 10. Also, there are some larger guys who enjoy being known for their size so they tend to get around more, which may skew the impression that there are more of them out there. No evidence of this, but it would seem fair to guess that there would be less of a tendancy of smaller guys to show off. Just look at the ratios here, there is not a disproportionately large number of black guys on this site that are hugely hung, no more than in the general population, and THIS is the LPSG&#33; This site is international and I haven&#39;t noticed a larger tahn expected number of black members here, so I can&#39;t see any credibility to the claim.

The only two moster hung guys I saw in real life were when I was a masseuse, both were on white guys. Not surprising, I live in an area where there are more white guys than black guys so it really doesn&#39;t mean anything. These stereotypes are just silly, and since I feel that 2000+ is a fairly large random sampling, I bring it up whenever this nonsense comes up. One thing I can tell you across the board is that regardless of race there were less than 2% of all guys who didn&#39;t get an erection during a massage&#33;

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by ChimeraTX+Jul 12 2005, 01:13 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ChimeraTX &#064; Jul 12 2005, 01:13 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by madame_zora@Jul 12 2005, 08:02 AM
This site is international and I haven&#39;t noticed a larger tahn expected number of black members here, so I can&#39;t see any credibility to the claim.
[post=328498]Quoted post[/post]​
There is less use of the internet, per capita, of Africans (& descendants.)

<!--QuoteBegin-madame_zora
@Jul 12 2005, 08:02 AM
The only two moster hung guys I saw in real life were when I was a masseuse, both were on white guys.
[post=328498]Quoted post[/post]​
The most anomalous penises are found in nearly equal proportions amongst Blacks and Whites, although the Black average is higher.
[post=328502]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

Please understand, I&#39;m not doubting that the average for blacks based on self-reported studies isn&#39;t higher, just that it is not true in reality&#33; One must also consider the societal pressure that these stereotypes place on black men to be huge. We&#39;ve actually discussed this in depth here last year, but since most black men are average, just like everyone else, there is a huge tendancy for average hung black men to feel ashamed and have a sense of self-loathing that goes far beyond what their white counterparts feel. I have absolutely no difficulty believing that black men would report their sizes slightly higher, their self-esteem would probably demand it.

For me, until there is a convincingly random doctor measured study of a sample size larger than what I&#39;ve seen in real life, my skepticism will win out on this topic.

Pene_Negro_Grande

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by Dr. Dilznick+Jul 12 2005, 02:51 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dr. Dilznick &#064; Jul 12 2005, 02:51 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Pene_Negro_Grande

Take it from a black man here - madame_zora is right...
This coming from the president of her fan club. Uh yeah, I&#39;ll take your word for it. ;)
[post=328471]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

Yeah I am a fan of hers but not just to be jumping on a band wagon...I think her insight is always on point and I know she has helped w/some of her words of wisdom and she lived longer than I have I always give mad respect because the longer you live the wiser you are in my book...And it might surprise you but I was a fan of you too...But I think being a black man and going up around many other black males that I might have a better perspective on my dick size and others than you...And I am not upset or saying this to be rude...Everyone is entitled to their opinions - that what makes the world so special...

Pene_Negro_Grande

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by ChimeraTX@Jul 12 2005, 09:13 AM
There is less use of the internet, per capita, of Africans (& descendants.)
[post=328502]Quoted post[/post]​

I am really starting to question your validity here...I don&#39;t think this is true...Going to an all black university - I really have to disagree w/you here...How if you want to know something about African Americans or stating a fact about African Americans - ask an African American first...To be honest - maybe it is just me and the black males I have encountered is - we do not obsess about our penis size...I have been wanting to say this for awhile and thought it would come cross wrong and I don&#39;t want to speak for all blacks but I have never heard a black person talk about measuring or even discuss half the stuff I read on this site...That is why I like the site because I am learning more about other individuals as well as new things about myself...Keep it coming though - I learn just as much from you guys as I hope you learn from me...

VinceNYC

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The myth of the black man&#39;s penis is in fact rooted in a study, but that seems to be all that people know. I read the actual numbers at one point, and I&#39;m not bothering to look them up again, but it goes something like this:

Caucasion Average Penis Size: 5.00"
Black Average Penis Size: 5.16"

Now, that 16/100 of a difference in the average may be STATISTICALLY significant, which gets the researchers all hot and bothered, but it certainly is not significant in your or my sexual experiences.

Pene_Negro_Grande

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by VinceNYC@Jul 12 2005, 01:04 PM
The myth of the black man&#39;s penis is in fact rooted in a study, but that seems to be all that people know. I read the actual numbers at one point, and I&#39;m not bothering to look them up again, but it goes something like this:

Now, that 16/100 of a difference in the average may be STATISTICALLY significant, which gets the researchers all hot and bothered, but it certainly is not significant in your or my sexual experiences.
[post=328567]Quoted post[/post]​

Not a BIG difference at all I see...Being a black man - I hate stereotypes because being an average size - most people who jump into bed w/me are expecting this huge 8in + dick and I am right below 7in (which I didn&#39;t even know till someone on this site talked me into measuring)...I have said this before I came to this site, I never even thought about it or really heard anybody talking measuring their cock...Still haven&#39;t done the girth thing yet...More to life than that - but now I might be little curious about that (LOL)...

Steve26

1st LPSG Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Originally posted by ChimeraTX@Jul 12 2005, 10:11 AM
I, honestly, haven&#39;t seen any major discrepancies between self-reported and nurse-measured studies.
[post=328522]Quoted post[/post]​
The only way there would NOT be a discrepancy would be if guys NEVER lied about their penis size, and anyone who has ever visited this site should have ample evidence to the contrary. Self-reported studies I have seen have consistently placed the average erect penis at about an inch longer than more controlled studies, indicating that the average guy exaggerates his length by an inch.

Steve :D

Dr. Dilznick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by Pene_Negro_Grande
Yeah I am a fan of hers but not just to be jumping on a band wagon...I think her insight is always on point and I know she has helped w/some of her words of wisdom and she lived longer than I have I always give mad respect because the longer you live the wiser you are in my book...And it might surprise you but I was a fan of you too...But I think being a black man and going up around many other black males that I might have a better perspective on my dick size and others than you...
I&#39;m black. I thought you knew.

And I didn&#39;t grow up in a white neighborhood if that&#39;s what you&#39;re implying.

Dr. Dilznick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by Pene_Negro_Grande
I am really starting to question your validity here...I don&#39;t think this is true...Going to an all black university - I really have to disagree w/you here...How if you want to know something about African Americans or stating a fact about African Americans - ask an African American first...To be honest - maybe it is just me and the black males I have encountered is - we do not obsess about our penis size...I have been wanting to say this for awhile and thought it would come cross wrong and I don&#39;t want to speak for all blacks but I have never heard a black person talk about measuring or even discuss half the stuff I read on this site...That is why I like the site because I am learning more about other individuals as well as new things about myself...Keep it coming though - I learn just as much from you guys as I hope you learn from me...
Let&#39;s not forget the rampant homophobia among blacks.

Dr. Dilznick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by VinceNYC

5 inches?&#33; LMAO

godiluvabig1

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I honestly don&#39;t care if any race has a "statistically larger penis..." A dick is a dick... some are big, some are small... Getting into a discussion about which race has a larger dick would be like getting into a discussion about which race has larger tits...

It seems like ya&#39;ll are attacking each other... I&#39;ve gotta say I agree with zora, and it&#39;s not to kiss ass, cuz I have no reason to, I just see her point of view, and it&#39;s from her experience... I mean why should it matter??? If you like dick, they all look the same in general (not to say some aren&#39;t more aesthetically pleasing), just some are larger than average. So why should we have this debate over whether a white dude or a black dude is more hung?

VinceNYC

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Originally posted by Dr. Dilznick+Jul 12 2005, 12:53 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dr. Dilznick &#064; Jul 12 2005, 12:53 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-VinceNYC

5 inches?&#33; LMAO
[post=328584]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]
Um, I&#39;m not sure what&#39;s so funny. You know that Kinsey&#39;s study put the average between 5 and 6 inches, right?

VinceNYC

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Originally posted by godiluvabig1@Jul 12 2005, 01:00 PM
I honestly don&#39;t care if any race has a "statistically larger penis..." A dick is a dick... some are big, some are small... Getting into a discussion about which race has a larger dick would be like getting into a discussion about which race has larger tits...
[post=328585]Quoted post[/post]​
Right. That was the purpose of my post with the statistics. The difference is negligible and will never be an issue for any of us.

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by horse400irl+Jul 12 2005, 07:42 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(horse400irl &#064; Jul 12 2005, 07:42 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-DoubleMeatWhopper@Jul 12 2005, 02:57 AM
I was in a business where cock size was taken into consideration in the hiring process, so I saw more than my share of big cocks on a daily basis, but I have only had sex with five guys more well-endowed than me.
[post=328419]Quoted post[/post]​
What business were u in that involved looking at big cocks? please explain
[post=328486]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

I was a dancer. I was assured that there was a minimum acceptable flaccid size for dancers in the troupe I was in, but I was never told exactly what that size was. What I do know is that a tape measure was involved in the audition process.